Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I think that dot on South U. has been there for a while. If you go on any building downtown to at least the third floor and face south you can pickup one of the existing towers.

LTE is active at the tower by Speedway (Clarkston/Lapeer Rd M-24) in Orion Township. I'm able to see the tower from my apartment. Pulling 25 Mbps down, 15 Mbps up! Great to see progress. Drove around the area awhile this morning mapping, added some new points to Sensorly.

I've been a little paranoid and was wondering if anybody could help me out a little bit! I would really appreciate it.

I'm no longer getting an LTE signal on my phone in the places I were before. Mainly, off of the 9 mile and Gratiot tower in Eastpointe, in the 11 mile and Gratiot area, and off of the tower at 15 mile and Utica. I'm really hoping Sprint has just temporarily "turned off" the LTE from broadcasting from these areas, instead of it being a problem with my phone. I recently had a problem with my phone's 3G antenna not receiving a signal and had to take it in. Now I'm fearing something is wrong with the LTE antenna.

If anyone is in these areas and can confirm that the signal is still there/isn't there, I would most appreicate it!! I would like to be able to continue my daily patrol of St. Clair Shores in the hunt for LTE :P. Thanks!

I've been a little paranoid and was wondering if anybody could help me out a little bit! I would really appreciate it.

I'm no longer getting an LTE signal on my phone in the places I were before. Mainly, off of the 9 mile and Gratiot tower in Eastpointe, in the 11 mile and Gratiot area, and off of the tower at 15 mile and Utica. I'm really hoping Sprint has just temporarily "turned off" the LTE from broadcasting from these areas, instead of it being a problem with my phone. I recently had a problem with my phone's 3G antenna not receiving a signal and had to take it in. Now I'm fearing something is wrong with the LTE antenna.

If anyone is in these areas and can confirm that the signal is still there/isn't there, I would most appreicate it!! I would like to be able to continue my daily patrol of St. Clair Shores in the hunt for LTE :P. Thanks!

I havnt been to 15 and utica at all but everytime I get close to the "area" of the eastpointe one it switches. I havnt been to 11 anf gratiot since the company I work for moved but I was on it at 8 and gratiot today. Try cycling airplane mode or use lte discovery.

How is the coverage in Flint/ Grand Blanc and Fenton areas?

There are 2 sites in Fenton and 1 in Linden with NV panels but not broadcasting LTE yet. What you see on Sensorly is fairly accurate for Grand Blanc, Holly and Fenton since there are members here, self included, that have spent a lot of time and fuel to map out the areas.

The site south of Fenton in Tyrone Township on US-23 just went live with LTE a couple weeks ago so it hasn't had much mapping done to it. I mapped a little more of that site the other day but then my phone crashed and took all the cached map points with it :wall:

It initially appears to me that this site throws a stronger narrow beam up and down US-23 and doesn't extend much east and west.

Hope that helps.

There are 2 sites in Fenton and 1 in Linden with NV panels but not broadcasting LTE yet. What you see on Sensorly is fairly accurate for Grand Blanc, Holly and Fenton since there are members here, self included, that have spent a lot of time and fuel to map out the areas.

The site south of Fenton in Tyrone Township on US-23 just went live with LTE a couple weeks ago so it hasn't had much mapping done to it. I mapped a little more of that site the other day but then my phone crashed and took all the cached map points with it :wall:

It initially appears to me that this site throws a stronger narrow beam up and down US-23 and doesn't extend much east and west.

Hope that helps.

It helps a lot! Thank you! Looking forward to it.

What about the Lower border line? Anyone from the area that can chime in?... Anyone see Mexican people in the area with a yellow Ryder truck ?

Sent from S4GRU Mobile

Sprint service is currently off-line from the site inside Fenton with a crew onsite working in the cabinets. Hopefully this means very good things for Sprint service in the area.

LTE literally just went live in downtown Ann Arbor! I've had my iPhone plugged in with Signal open 24x7 lol.

Hill and State, I'm connected to physical cell ID '75', which I've never seen before. -102dB from inside my apartment.

15.57 Mbps down, 4.2 Mbps up, 67ms ping. Awesome.

• Like 3

LTE literally just went live in downtown Ann Arbor! I've had my iPhone plugged in with Signal open 24x7 lol.

Hill and State, I'm connected to physical cell ID '75', which I've never seen before. -102dB from inside my apartment.

15.57 Mbps down, 4.2 Mbps up, 67ms ping. Awesome.

Really?  I'm at Hill and Washtenaw and I'm not picking up anything.  Is it still going for you or might that have been a tower test?

Ok so back now and still connected at home. Driving back from the west side of the city I'm not so sure there are any active towers over there.

With -102dB here, I bet it would reach over to Washtenaw if you didn't have trees in the way looking towards Main. I hope they can get a tower on South U. completed soon, that would be a pretty big and contiguous coverage area.

I keep forgetting to check.  But I see that the sensorly map now reflects the change.  Woohoo!

And it seems like the best service is right at that sprint store at stadium and main.  No surprises there.

Edited by stevek216

I had LTE coverage from North Campus on Green Rd to the Athletic Campus on State in Ann Arbor. Looks like the campus and downtown are up with LTE. ##update# was necessary to make it work on several of our phones. At the UM softball stadium, best result was 10.3/3.0/92ms and worst was 4.5/3.5/84ms

Edited by k24
  • Like 1

Anyone know about the tower at Royal Ave and 11 mi road in Southfield? I don't see it on the NV interactive maps, but I know the tower's there based on sprint's maps. Thanks, I'm moving to the area in about a month and will help out with some mapping when I arrive.