Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Does anyone know what's going on with the google play store while on LTE? I can never get it to download apps or update. Other than that I can browse apps and use my data however I want.

I had the same problem when I first started discovering LTE (day one), when LTE went live in my area. After a few days, the problem went away.....

I think the Ridge Rd site south of Cherry Hill Village in Canton is up. Had a strong signal today there were it is normaly is not. I didn't get it on sensorly cause my battery got to low and it stopped.

A couple observations from Ann Arbor today that may or may not mean a thing.

- My iPhone's signal indicator keeps showing 0 bars ( -106 dB) and switching between 1x ( o ) and 3G on an off again throughout the city

- Several times I've received a message about failing to connect to the data network

- Just last night I noticed on Sensorly's maps a new patch of LTE was picked up at 23 and M14 (the northeast corner)

Keeping my fingers crossed :D

• Like 1

hmmm, dunno if there's another tower up but I'm getting a full five bars on six mile past Stevenson high school( just west of Farmington Rd). Im on an iPhone so I can't map it but I don't think that kind of signal strength is coming all the way from the tower in Farmington or from Plymouth.

Saw work on the tower right near the Ambassador Bridge where 96 and 75 meet. They were working on it both Saturday and Easter Sunday. Don't know if it is a Sprint tower. Maybe someone can let us know.

Edited by beertender
  • Like 1

I got a nice strong 4G signal at I-75 / 9 mile this morning. I travel this stretch every day and have never seen 4G until today. Mapped it.

I noticed that yesterday too and mapped as well. I'm wondering where it's coming from...judging by what's on Sensorly it doesn't look like the tower at the 75/696 interchange.

I noticed that yesterday too and mapped as well. I'm wondering where it's coming from...judging by what's on Sensorly it doesn't look like the tower at the 75/696 interchange.

It's most likely the site at 9 mile and Hilton in Ferndale.

Also, looking at Sensorly.. It does appear that site at 696 and 75 is up and running now too.. Someone needs to do some mapping in Ferndale. I would if I had a phone that was capable of receiving LTE. (May can't come quickly enough)

This is to you people who are on 23, do you get roaming on Metro PCS down by the Ohio border? I picked up what 1XR TT one and a half mile from the border just wondering?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Just mapped out Telegraph, Beach Daily, Inkster, 7 mile, and 6 mile in Redford.

Then 6 mile over in to Livonia. I think there is a new tower there. Mapped 6 mile, Levan, 5 mile, Merriman, and I96.

Then I took M14 out to Godferson and zig zag back roads to Canton. I had hits out there I did not have Sunday but could not locate the source. May be something in progress in the Plymouth Ann Arbor area?

Also, the Ridge Rd tower on the Canton Superior Township boarder seams stronger now.

... maybe something in progress in the Plymouth Ann Arbor area?

That's a big optimistic disappointment. I work in the vicinity with a clear view of the tower from my office. I can say that nobody has climbed the tower any time recently. I will light up this forum when they do.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It's most likely the site at 9 mile and Hilton in Ferndale.

I tried to do a bit of mapping in Ferndale but had a hard time holding an LTE signal. The 9 Mile and Hilton site is definitely not up, but the 696/75 one seems to be (although I drove right next to it on the 75N to 696W ramp and stayed on 3G). My LTE drops as soon as I go south of 9 Mile on the 75 service drive...the tower is only a mile away, is LTE range really that limited?

I tried to do a bit of mapping in Ferndale but had a hard time holding an LTE signal. The 9 Mile and Hilton site is definitely not up, but the 696/75 one seems to be (although I drove right next to it on the 75N to 696W ramp and stayed on 3G). My LTE drops as soon as I go south of 9 Mile on the 75 service drive...the tower is only a mile away, is LTE range really that limited?

Most likely it's because you have an EVO LTE.

I'm approximately 300 yards from the tower N. of Plymouth, E. of 23. I read somewhere that the type of signal will likely change just prior to LTE. I think it's still the old style, see screenshot.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

post-3160-13651722231767_thumb.jpg

The site at 696 and 75 is on the Southeast side of the exchange at 10 mile and Palmer Blvd. From the limited data on Sensorly, it would appear that this site is broadcasting but since it is not finished yet, it may be going up and down. FYI, for those that have driven past it and got nothing.

Most likely it's because you have an EVO LTE.

You'd think a phone with LTE in the name would be good at, you know, picking up an LTE signal...oh well, at least this EVO actually has a 4G signal to pick up this time around (unlike my OG EVO).