Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

How many people here are in the Kalamazoo/Portage area?  I haven't seen much activity lately and was wondering if anyone else has. 

Other than the truck at the site down on 131 and XY, I haven't seen anything. I'm on both the east and west threads, because I travel along 94 frequently.

I think I have noticed a half-dozen or so.  Not sure how many are following the East Michigan thread though.

I haven't seen much activity, but then I haven't been out as much the last few weeks.

I was wondering why I couldn't find my post in the West Michigan thread!  It's cause it's here!  I swear I know which side of the state I'm on, but I follow both threads so I guess I had a blonde moment.  :rolleyes:  I have family on the east side of the state but I rarely get over to that side. 

Woo hoo!  Finally!  At work today (17 and Mound, Sterling Hts), I had a strong 4G signal all day inside the building, at my desk!  First time I've gotten a signal in the building.  I've gotten one in the parking lot, but it would drop off as soon as I entered the building.  Speedtest.net app gave a download speed of 3.67 Mbps at 7a.  Highlight of my day!  :wiggle:

• Like 1

I live in Ann Arbor and am a couple hundred yards from the tower on Hogback Rd, the tower is behind the Washtenaw County Veterans Affairs office. The LTE signal was turned on on May 29th. I had a 4G LTE signal for a bout a week and have not picked up a 4G LTE signal from that tower since the morning of June 7th. I have also noticed that since that time, my 3G service when connected to that tower is usually EVDO Rev A, only occassionally can I get an eHRPD 3G signal from that tower. This is in direct contrast to the months leading up to the 4G LTE being briefly turned on where I almost always got am eHRPD signal from this tower. My 3G service, which had increased data speeds to the point I could watch a youtube video on my phone about the half the time is now crawling super slowly to the point the data connection is virtually worthless when I am at home - though it works fine when connected to other towers around town.

I have rebooted my phone multiple times, toggled airplane mode, made sure my PRL, profile, firmware, and HTC software is all up to date. I don't believe it is my phone, (HTC 4G LTE), as I can connect to LTE from other towers in the area. It has been a month since I was last able to get a 4G LTE signal from this tower.

Is it normal for Sprint to turn off LTE at a tower for over a month after they have intially turned it on? I can understand tweaking a tower and how coverage might be spotty for a week or so but LTE on this tower has been shut off for a month now.

I've noticed that also. But I guess we can't complain to Sprint yet since they had not made official announcement about Ann Arbor LTE launch.

anybody know if a tower went down near 8 mile and Farmington rd. from the weather recently? 3G's been in and out and really slow the past 2-3 days. I don't know if one did and I'm connecting to a different tower instead

There have been some reception issues around the New Hudson and Brighton area past week and most recently, text messaging network issues.

Sprint did confirm that network vision upgrades were being worked on in the Brighton area, so here's to hoping for the best. 

I asked for an update from the Sprint.com forums room on 2 areas in particular:

No problem! I can look that up for you.

The towers that support the Renaissance Center area are scheduled for both Network Vision and LTE upgrade within a couple months.

For Farmington HIlls, MI:   Cross Roads: 12 Mile/Orchard Lake, we have a LTE tower that is near Hamilton Ct, so if you travel to the west you should be able to detect LTE there, but the tower that would provide stronger coverage that is located near STANSBURY BLVD, is also scheduled for LTE and Network Vision upgrades within a few months.

Morris L.
Sprint Social Media Care

So... take "a couple of months" and "within a few months" with a grain a salt.  I don't think I'll see a full LTE until 2014, which is a shame in my book.

• 2 weeks later...

Two days ago, I saw a f150 pulling a trailer with boxes labeled "samsung telecommunications".

Made my day.

I-275 N and 696.

yeah this guy came down to Toledo, no s*** . They're getting some work done down here that's for sure

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Fiber is being run to the site inside Fenton city limits. I've been eyeing 2 Holly sites and a site on M-59 between Hartland and Howell yet to receive NV antennas but nothing so far. No LTE from Fenton, Linden, and Hartland sites despite NV antennas installed for months.

*yawn*

It happens when a site is ready for work.. There are sub crews as well, a crew that puts up the new panels on the tower, a crew that installs the transceivers and controllers on the ground, etc..

It happens when a site is ready for work.. There are sub crews as well, a crew that puts up the new panels on the tower, a crew that installs the transceivers and controllers on the ground, etc..

exactly

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Okay so we got fiber being run to a site in Fenton and one in the Howell area. 3G upgrades went online in the Howell area within the last couple of days. A lot of sites that have been upgraded but waiting to go live and some still getting upgraded. Stuff is still happening. 

East Michigan got 45 3g sites accepted in the last two days. No more bitching about no work being done...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 2

I see all of Flint went live with 3G upgrades this round. My wife was reporting troubles with her phone the last few weeks including a dropped call north of Holly heading toward Flint so this all makes sense now.

And let me say one thing about the 3G upgrades: they're AWESOME when it comes to running NetMonitor! No more guessing and calculating where tower locations are. No more figuring out (x), (x+256), (x+512) then trying to figure out the site within the triangle.

• Like 2