Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I currently live in the the Detroit Metro area and I've been trying to cvonnect to LTE. I always get service wether im at work or on the go by my LTE speeds are horrible. My 3g speeds are much faster. Is this common?

My lte speeds avg. .25 down .100 up

My 3g speeds avg .260 down .600up

I've been having the same problem all over Wayne, Oakland, and Genesee counties including areas where I used to have decent LTE speeds. Not sure what's been going on, but I hope it ends soon.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like another round of 3G acceptances will be posted for the Eastern Michigan market. The site on Belford Road and I-75 northern Oakland County was converted overnight. This one in particular caused a lot of dropped calls for us between Holly and Grand Blanc.

• Like 1

LTE is on the periphery of Fenton but none of the sites in town have live LTE yet. The site inside the city limits just had fiber run to it a handful of weeks ago but for some reason it's still 3G only...and sluggish 3G mid afternoon at that.

I've been having the same problem all over Wayne, Oakland, and Genesee counties including areas where I used to have decent LTE speeds. Not sure what's been going on, but I hope it ends soon.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I was having this problem in West Michigan while they did the 3G acceptances. Once they were complete LTE went back to normal. Not sure if they are related, but I have a feeling they may be.

Probably. It's still irritating knowing that you're paying 100% of the bill for 30% of the service. They wouldn't be so forgiving if you told them you were only going to be paying 30% for the next six months so bear with me through it.

• Like 1

Probably. It's still irritating knowing that you're paying 100% of the bill for 30% of the service. They wouldn't be so forgiving if you told them you were only going to be paying 30% for the next six months so bear with me through it.

you could ask verizon how much they charge for unlimited data and it will be about 3000% of what sprint charges.... bear with this conversion because once it is wrapped up, you will be happy you stayed put with sprint for what we pay vs what we get in return.  Plus, Michigan was on the front edge of the upgrades nationally.  Be happy you don't live in ohio.

You are being charged for what you receive.. If you don't think so, then you should switch. Why stay with a company that you're not satisfied with?

Well being a customer for 12 years is a reason. Up until recently I was very satisfied with the product I received. Unlike you, I have the expectation that my cell completes calls.

Well being a customer for 12 years is a reason. Up until recently I was very satisfied with the product I received. Unlike you, I have the expectation that my cell completes calls.

dial ##873283# and see if that helps.  it will update your prl.

I don't have any problem with my calls completing. If you do, you should call customer service and let them know about the problem you're having. If you're not satisfied with their actions then why stay?

• 2 weeks later...

I gave up on actively checking for LTE on the non-4G sites in my area.

I say the same thing southeast..they are hooking up microwave near the stateline on 7 sites..still nothing

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Do you guys still believe this is accurate? Jan 2014?

East Michigan

NV Sites Accepted = 51%

LTE Sites Accepted = 37%
Anticipated LTE Launch = Summer 2013 (Flint/Saginaw launched 7/2013)

Original Scheduled Completion = September 2013
Current Production Rate Completion = January 2014

100% NV sites accepted: maybe. 100% LTE sites accepted: maybe by Jan 2015.

Besides, I could be wrong but I believe the dates are S4GRU estimates anyway.

The dates are S4GRU estimates based off I believe the rate of completions for the last 3 or 4 weeks (from the last time it was updated).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

To the Detroit area folks:  Anyone seeing DRASTIC slowdowns on 4G LTE for about 2 weeks now.  I used to get 2-5Mbps download quite regularly.  Now I'm getting 0.1 to 0.4 Mbps.  Primarily I've been testing in Warren and Allen Park.  But I've run a few tests in Eastpointe and Dearborn also.  Anyone else having this problem?

To the Detroit area folks: Anyone seeing DRASTIC slowdowns on 4G LTE for about 2 weeks now. I used to get 2-5Mbps download quite regularly. Now I'm getting 0.1 to 0.4 Mbps. Primarily I've been testing in Warren and Allen Park. But I've run a few tests in Eastpointe and Dearborn also. Anyone else having this problem?

Monroe Michigan is pretty slow

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I'm coming back up soon to Michigan to visit, and I know there's a lot of activity going on there.  However, what's interesting is the huge gaping hole in activity in upgrades, specifically around Ford's world headquarters, which is right near where I will be staying.  Interesting to see all the other work going on but not much right in that area.

I'm coming back up soon to Michigan to visit, and I know there's a lot of activity going on there.  However, what's interesting is the huge gaping hole in activity in upgrades, specifically around Ford's world headquarters, which is right near where I will be staying.  Interesting to see all the other work going on but not much right in that area.

At least you can leave the the area. I live in the middle of that hole. I get LTE on the phone at -120db outside, not usable for anything. The are at least 5 towers that are closer then the one I get the signal from and it appears that nothing has been done on those. Oh well maybe someday.