Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

I was pulling strong LTE <100dB on Higgings Lake all this past weekend.  Boy was that nice.  Bay City has added quite a few towers as well and the LTE footprint expanding around Tri-Cities.

Higgins Lake most likely coming from the site near Roscommon. I'm actually heading up that way this weekend. Wife groaned when I said I had a some tower hunting to do while up that way.

Higgins Lake most likely coming from the site near Roscommon. I'm actually heading up that way this weekend. Wife groaned when I said I had a some tower hunting to do while up that way.

correct, northeast side of the lake.  I was able to get it all across the lake too.  On 55 you can get it pretty much across hougton lake as well.  I was able to use my slingbox and watch football out on the boat... Not sure life get's much better!

• Like 1

Noticed this morning that the site inside Holly village limits that was just upgraded very recently is now already squawking new NV NID and BSIDs. I don't know if this site was on the latest 3G acceptance reports but either way that was a fast turnaround.

• Like 1

Noticed this morning that the site inside Holly village limits that was just upgraded very recently is now already squawking new NV NID and BSIDs. I don't know if this site was on the latest 3G acceptance reports but either way that was a fast turnaround.

Yeah the same thing happen down here in the Toledo area. I didnt have signal and than i was roaming all the time and connecting to towers that where in Detroit and all over the place (which i knew wasnt really true) than woke up to all diffrent numbers. Theres 4 sites that where in progress with all new equitment that now all have diffrent numbers and the address's on them are finaly correct. Very nice to see let me tell ya.

• Like 1

Was really looking forward to trying out the new 4G today in A2 during the football game. What a disappointment!! Similar to years past, sprint network just can't handle a football Saturday. Why is it that everyone else can use their phones but sprint customers never can? I think the tower is actually down too because now I'm roaming... Pretty sad.

Was really looking forward to trying out the new 4G today in A2 during the football game. What a disappointment!! Similar to years past, sprint network just can't handle a football Saturday. Why is it that everyone else can use their phones but sprint customers never can? I think the tower is actually down too because now I'm roaming... Pretty sad.

I would not be so sure that "everyone else can use their phones."  Michigan Stadium, among many others, may never get any better -- 100,000 people are way too many unless there are 50 different wireless networks.

AJ

• Like 1

correct, northeast side of the lake.  I was able to get it all across the lake too.  On 55 you can get it pretty much across hougton lake as well.  I was able to use my slingbox and watch football out on the boat... Not sure life get's much better!

I put some purple on Sensorly on the lake. NE side sucked for me with my EVO LTE once I got in the shadow away from that tower in Roscommon. You can see where my phone kicked over to 3G. 

Just connected to 4G out on my porch near Downtown Holly. Sensorly has been saying that 4G was available here but I've been unable to connect since moving here at the end of July. Only pulled about 3mbps down, but that's better than nothing! Also I'm not sure where the tower is exactly.. does anyone know?

I would not be so sure that "everyone else can use their phones."  Michigan Stadium, among many others, may never get any better -- 100,000 people are way too many unless there are 50 different wireless networks.

AJ

Totally agree, Saturday's in Ann arbor during the game is equivalent of michigan's 3rd or 4th largest city but only using a couple towers, not spread out across the entire city.. Same thing in bay city during 4th of July when 250,000 people descend on the city.... Grin and bear it. Nobody gets service during times as such... And honestly, when events like that happen....shut your phone off anyway because the battery will die in an hour or less looking for a tower. Airplane til you need it. My 2 pennies.

I put some purple on Sensorly on the lake. NE side sucked for me with my EVO LTE once I got in the shadow away from that tower in Roscommon. You can see where my phone kicked over to 3G.

I guess I feel fortunate then.... I got LTE UNDER 106 db basically all day. I didn't really get too close to the east side of the south lake. Mainly sunken island on north, around the island north side and toward the south state park posted up just north of the beach. Signal was strong, every time I pulled phone out lte... So I streamed some slingbox and I got 3000k and up... Full hd when I wanted it. This is why I am a dedicated sprint customer. They heard us and are doing a commendable job getting us all up to speed in merely 8 mos. don't forget jan1 2013 zero lte in MI. This isn't aimed at you RCM, just offering some positive insight to those who may not feel like sprint has the customers in mind. If I had android I'd be mapping too... Keep up the great work guys.

• 2 weeks later...

Any September updates yet? I connected to an LTE tower here in Downtown Holly ten days ago, buts very intermittent. Perhaps I'm getting a signal from the tower at I-75/East Holly Rd? Or maybe bouncing one off the gigantic water tower in front of my place? The world may never know...

Likely picking up the tower at the gravel pit at Belford Road and I-75. I was through Holly last night and the water tower site in Holly proper is not broadcasting LTE yet. I haven't seen any evidence yet that the site at Grange Hall and I-75 has been upgraded with NV antennas and/or RRUs.

The Belford Rd site throws a wicked signal lobe to the southwest.

does anyone know what the hell is going on with service in Highland MI area 48356 to be exact i believe i drop about 25 calls per day or more i have 1-2 bars and always switching into roaming mode...???? can anyone help me out?!?!

I'd expect to see Network Vision 3G upgrades coming online in that area soon. It's a major pain while it's going on but it's nearly night and day when the upgrade goes live.

Updates from Sprint.com's Forum mods

Thanks for getting back to me. The towers within the zip code of 48243 (Detroit/Ren Cen) are scheduled for LTE upgrades to start within 180 days. However; the towers to the west of that location are scheduled to have LTE upgrades start within the next 90 days.

For 48334 (12 mile & Orchard Lake in Farmington hills) the tower near STANSBURY BLVD is scheduled for LTE upgrades within 180 days, but the tower to the west of it near W. 12 MILE RD has already received LTE upgrades.

For 48331 (12 mile & Drake in F. Hills)) the tower near ENTERPRISE CT is currently scheduled for LTE upgrades within 90 days.

So, the towers at the GM HQ is still 5 months away.  My home area is still 3-5 months away.  Those are the scheduled dates, so i don't know how long it take once scheduled.  I'm guessing it won't be turned on until 2014.

Confirmed through @sprintcare on Twitter that the tower closest to Holmes and Prospect Roads in Ypsilanti is LTE now. Doesn't mean it's throwing out LTE all the time, but I don't have an LTE device to check.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Joshmccullough

I work at flint metal fab on the corner of I 75 and Bristol rd in flint. They turned on lte on march 14, I was getting 20 down and 8 up.

The past month has been horrible though, with my phone still reading lte it's mostly flat lined. I'm lucky to get 0.3 mbs down and usually 0.13 up. What's the story?

I currently live in the the Detroit Metro area and I've been trying to cvonnect to LTE. I always get service wether im at work or on the go by my LTE speeds are horrible. My 3g speeds are much faster. Is this common?

My lte speeds avg. .25 down .100 up

My 3g speeds avg  .260 down .600up