Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Just drove by the tower at Grand Blanc Rd and I-75 and it appears NV panels have been installed on the Sprint rack. Can anyone in the Flint/Grand Blanc area confirm?

It's definitely not live yet. I drove by that tower this morning.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

But what makes someone in Hart or Howell or Big Rapids or Clare or Outer Nowheresville less important than someone in Metro Detroit or other large metro area?

You're absolutely right, neither customer is more important. However, the economical impact is not quite as simple. Those 300 customers in Clare might be thrilled with their LTE... but the 300,000 in Metro Det, and the 30,000 in Saginaw Township, to Bay City, to Midland who aren't so thrilled... comprise of a lot more revenue stream for sprint than the few in the less dense population areas which are upgraded. I happen to have LTE in Midland, but prior to that... we have been dealing with sub 250k 3g which i called about every 2 weeks just to remind them. We were sold wimax phones as 4g, and also told they could be upgraded to support LTE at some point (Evo3D). The only wimax I ever saw was in Mt. Pleasant, and Outside Flint, which I maybe used twice total since 2010. People have been patient, I know I'll continue to be, as I have upgraded 5 lines in the last 3 months to Iphone 5's based on the LTE rollout I've seen so far.

That Said, do any of the sponsors have any recent info on towers on M-47 between Saginaw and Midland?

42.36124407072333, -83.27875266996334 in Redford is broadcasting 4g. I mapped on Sensorly.

Also, I saw a crew start working on42.31124752651582, -83.48781622439463 in Canton, MI today. They were digging a trench from the telephone lines to the cabinets below the transition lines with the antennas.

FYI, Site IDs are not allowed outside of the sponser area, you'll need to edit your post.

• Like 2

But what makes someone in Hart or Howell or Big Rapids or Clare or Outer Nowheresville less important than someone in Metro Detroit or other large metro area?

You're absolutely right, neither customer is more important. However, the economical impact is not quite as simple. Those 300 customers in Clare might be thrilled with their LTE... but the 300,000 in Metro Det, and the 30,000 in Saginaw Township, to Bay City, to Midland who aren't so thrilled... comprise of a lot more revenue stream for sprint than the few in the less dense population areas which are upgraded. I happen to have LTE in Midland, but prior to that... we have been dealing with sub 250k 3g which i called about every 2 weeks just to remind them. We were sold wimax phones as 4g, and also told they could be upgraded to support LTE at some point (Evo3D). The only wimax I ever saw was in Mt. Pleasant, and Outside Flint, which I maybe used twice total since 2010. People have been patient, I know I'll continue to be, as I have upgraded 5 lines in the last 3 months to Iphone 5's based on the LTE rollout I've seen so far.

Any further chatter would probably be best served by moving to a separate topic. It's not the focus of this thread.

That Said, do any of the sponsors have any recent info on towers on M-47 between Saginaw and Midland?

Sponsor data is not to be shared in public forums. Donate a few bucks and find the wealth of knowledge within.

• Like 1

Went back to work on my project and got the two bars of LTE on the rooftop again. Not really sure where the signal could be coming from since it's quite a ways away from the Plymouth and Ypsi sites

Photo2.jpg

Can you get the signal strength in dB, it might give us a little better clue which tower it's coming from..

1) From the Phone app, dial *3001#12345#* and hit Talk

2) Once field test opens up, it'll show you the numeric signal strength instead of the bars

Then, if you want to keep it showing signal strength (until the next reboot)

3) Hold down the power button until it gives you the slide to power off screen

4) Instead of sliding to power off, just hold down the Home button until it takes you back to your home screen, then it'll keep the numeric signal strength up until next reboot

From the top of the parking garage on Thompson I was pulling 5.25Mbps down and 1.8Mbps up with a signal strength of -114dB (and that was connecting to either the tower across 94 from Briarwood or the one south of 94 on Platt).

Can you get the signal strength in dB, it might give us a little better clue which tower it's coming from..

1) From the Phone app, dial *3001#12345#* and hit Talk

2) Once field test opens up, it'll show you the numeric signal strength instead of the bars

Then, if you want to keep it showing signal strength (until the next reboot)

3) Hold down the power button until it gives you the slide to power off screen

4) Instead of sliding to power off, just hold down the Home button until it takes you back to your home screen, then it'll keep the numeric signal strength up until next reboot

From the top of the parking garage on Thompson I was pulling 5.25Mbps down and 1.8Mbps up with a signal strength of -114dB (and that was connecting to either the tower across 94 from Briarwood or the one south of 94 on Platt).

I observe the tower located on the campus of Father Gabriel Richard, North of Plymouth Road and East of Dominos Farms. There has been no action. Once that is pushing 4G, North Campus should be good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sponsor data is not to be shared in public forums. Donate a few bucks and find the wealth of knowledge within.

I don't have the time to read everything in hindsight to get up to speed... In one sentence... What do I need to do to make donation and dive in head first? I am a quick study...

I don't have the time to read everything in hindsight to get up to speed... In one sentence... What do I need to do to make donation and dive in head first? I am a quick study...

On the top right of webpage when you're viewing "The Forums" should be a donate button.

S4GRU Membership Groups

S4GRU Sponsor. For members who donate money through PayPal to S4GRU to help fund the costs of Sprint 4G Rollout Updates, you get the S4GRU Sponsor title for six months from your last donation. Once you donate $100 or more in total, you get the title indefinitely and upgraded to Premier Sponsor (see below). S4GRU Sponsors get:

• Access to the S4GRU Sponsors Forum (contents subject to change, but includes some interactive maps)
  • Allow profile customizations
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x250)
  • Can edit forum posts up to six hours after posting (incognito)
  • No limitations on auto signatures
  • Not subject to flood control timeouts
  • Store up to 250 Private Messages
  • No daily limit on Private Messages
  • Up to 10 People allowed in a Personal Message
  • Can view who gave you reputation points
  • Unlimited inline notifications

S4GRU Premier Sponsor. S4GRU Sponsors who donate $100 or more in total, get to keep the title indefinitely and you also get in addition to the benefits of the S4GRU Sponsor above:

• Access to the S4GRU Premier Sponsor Forum (contents subject to change, but includes the original baseline NV schedule maps for many markets)
  • Bypass word filters
  • Can post HTML in posts
  • No limit to number of people allowed in a Personal Message
  • Unlimited PM storage
  • Allow attachments in PM's
  • Allow unlimited amounts of reputation points to be given
  • Larger profile photos (up to 250x400)
  • Can edit forum posts at any time (incognito)
  • Can soft delete own posts
  • Avoids any moderation queues

S4GRU Contributing Author. For members who write news articles for S4GRU, you get an even better membership group. S4GRU Contributing Authors get all the S4GRU Premier Sponsor benefits plus they get the acclaim of being in the S4GRU inner circle and access to Staff forums. After you become a trusted regular contributor, you will be given the ability to post your own articles directly up in The Wall. You can create drafts of articles and keep them stored until ready for publishing. This status will stay active for six months after you publish your most recent S4GRU article.

NOTE: The PayPal donation button is located in The Forums main page, at the upper right hand corner.

ANOTHER NOTE: For a speedier upgrade, please put your S4GRU screen name in the comments section of your PayPal donation.

After donation: Most donations result in an automatic upgrade within minutes. If you click on your profile and see that your Group now says S4GRU Sponsor or Premier Sponsor, then your account upgrade has taken effect. 90% of accounts are upgraded very quickly. Sometimes I am out of cell range and cannot sign in to upgrade your account, this may result in a delay for a few hours. Once your account is upgraded, you no longer need a password to access Sponsor forums, but you may have to sign out and back in, depending on your browser and its settings.

• Like 1

So, donation is clearly in order... Im thinking 20-30 based on the info ive obtained prior to my reception of lte...is fair...

Are you guys really this dedicated? I presume sprint doesn't directly employ you...so I'll add this much. If sprint hired employees on the cust serv side who were about .001% committed as the crew on here.... They'd be on top of the fortune 500. The knowledge base alone, and the quality of information is light years above the 2nd or 3rd level of support sprint can supply.

• Like 1

So, donation is clearly in order... Im thinking 20-30 based on the info ive obtained prior to my reception of lte...is fair...

Are you guys really this dedicated? I presume sprint doesn't directly employ you...so I'll add this much. If sprint hired employees on the cust serv side who were about .001% committed as the crew on here.... They'd be on top of the fortune 500. The knowledge base alone, and the quality of information is light years above the 2nd or 3rd level of support sprint can supply.

We have maps of all 38,500+ cell sites in every Sprint market and we have a map with over 10,000 documented cell sites that have received some sort of network vision upgrade. Does that sound dedicated enough? :)

U just struck a nerve. I need to see that info. I am embattled with my brother who has Verizon LTE. And pulls 55+mb everywhere. He has grandfathered unlimited for peanuts. I've been a huge proponent of sprint going on 8 years now. I was just told at sprint store that every Nextel tower is fully decommissioned by July 2013 and each tower will be converted, enhancing sprint's footprint. I need it on Higgins lake before Verizon... So I gotta see those maps and tower locations.

100 bucks does it?

$100 gets you a premier status where you get additional interactive maps with the original network vision deployment plan (from 2012) which gives a sense of how Sprint is expecting things to go but they're more of a guideline than actual plan nowadays. Other than that, you get a lot more other goodies that regular sponsors do not have, discussions on stuff, etc etc.

About the nextel decommissioning. To our knowledge, all Nextel iDen cell sites will be officially shut down on June 30th or around that date with only 100 being converted from iDen to Sprint NV. We do not know if there additional plans to expand as they can get quite pricey and we'll unlikely hear much about it til Softbank takes over and washes Sprint with the glorious wave of pure competitive vision ( and billions of dollars...) that many US corporations lack.

Edit: 12,500+ cell sites with Network Vision work on it and weekly updates by Robert (s4gru) that document how many sites received NV upgrades that week (about a thousand or so per week now).

Edit 2: Samsung contractors are slowly creeping down i75 towards higgins i think... (looks at the maps)

Edit 3: It seems that Higgins is just barely over the 100km exclusion zone with canada so you will likely see SMR 800 service for CDMA 1xV and LTE.

So I just made a small donation... What does that entitle me to.. If anything? It was only 25 bucks...

Scroll all the way down to the "The S4GRU Club" and you'll have access to the Interactive S4GRU maps and S4GRU Sponsors forum. I think you'll like what you find inside of there.

Scroll all the way down to the "The S4GRU Club" and you'll have access to the Interactive S4GRU maps and S4GRU Sponsors forum. I think you'll like what you find inside of there.

In what screen? I am not seeing anything...

Decent signal from the site located between Hartland and Fenton on Parshallville Rd near US-23. Picked it up southbound 23 at Center Rd and carried it to Hartland. It's a little hilly towards Hartland so the signal was too weak to maintain lock down in the valleys. I got off the highway at M-59 but I think I could've carried the signal a little further south. Picked up the signal northbound 23 near the Clyde Rd exit and carried it just over the hill north of the Center Rd exit.

I am absolutely swamped with a final project for school else I would be mapping the heck out of that tower. In fact, I shouldn't even be spending time on this site since I need every minute I can. That's what late nights are for I suppose.