Network Vision/LTE - East Michigan Market (Detroit/Flint/Ann Arbor/Tri-Cities)

ReyBanz

Bingo :)

I can't imagine not seeing Red..

I see the color, it's more a problem with colors that have shades of red in then, hence thinking the Sensorly color was blue instead of purple.

And I'm married to a graphic designer, go figure. When we shop for paint for the house I tell her to get what she likes and I'll put it up, I'm just not cut out for poring through paint cards all day.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Where did you get December 2014?

It's the estimated date of completion that Robert makes based on the completion rate.  Decemeber 2014 is when he is estimating it to be completely finished.

It's the estimated date of completion that Robert makes based on the completion rate.  Decemeber 2014 is when he is estimating it to be completely finished.

It now says Jan 2014.

Why do these 3G/4g combo towers not immediately grab lte when I am clearly in 4g wheelhouse? I have to cycle airplane, but my Bluetooth pairing in my Avalon won't recognize my Bluetooth device after airplane cycle... I can't wirelessly stream without restarting my vehicle... Frusterating. For the record, iPhone 5 with 6.1 . Battery saver app which I love is saying Bluetooth 4.0. Anybody have a suggestion how to "trick" my iphone5 into picking up lte without airplane cycle?

To add to my last post, I love to stream YouTube personal selections or pandora via Bluetooth... In my car. But another issue is... As soon as I leave the 4g/3G tower threshold into 3G data... Even though 3G was provisioned, it sucks. Barely keeps up with pandora.. Buffers big time. I understand lte was not rolled out in my area, but it was avail in mid feb 2013, and hasn't been adjusted since. The 4g is awesome even for me on the distant end of service range of my tower at 117 db on lte. Why does the 3G make me suffer so much once the lte is not accessible on the same tower? They are combo... Midland mi. I am on the edge of the 4g service area with most strengths in 110-114... Anything above 117 sends me to 3G and the signal is low 90's. I've done *3001#12345#* and I see signal strength. Apple from my understanding... This is data.

Any help as to why the 3G is so bad once it cuts over from lte on these combo towers?

To add to my last post, I love to stream YouTube personal selections or pandora via Bluetooth... In my car. But another issue is... As soon as I leave the 4g/3G tower threshold into 3G data... Even though 3G was provisioned, it sucks. Barely keeps up with pandora.. Buffers big time. I understand lte was not rolled out in my area, but it was avail in mid feb 2013, and hasn't been adjusted since. The 4g is awesome even for me on the distant end of service range of my tower at 117 db on lte. Why does the 3G make me suffer so much once the lte is not accessible on the same tower? They are combo... Midland mi. I am on the edge of the 4g service area with most strengths in 110-114... Anything above 117 sends me to 3G and the signal is low 90's. I've done *3001#12345#* and I see signal strength. Apple from my understanding... This is data.

Any help as to why the 3G is so bad once it cuts over from lte on these combo towers?

I have the opposite problem, although I don't know anything about PRLs or anything that may be causing it.  My S4 often just does not switch to 4G, and I get stuck on 3G too slow to even load a map.  When I toggle airplane mode, 4G is often around 85-90dBm.  So I'm in 3 to 4 bar territory for LTE and my phone won't switch unless I force it sometimes. Is there some way to change the priority of how it connects or the frequency at which it checks for a faster connection?

The nv 3g might not be up and running and still running on the legacy 3g.

I have the opposite problem, although I don't know anything about PRLs or anything that may be causing it.  My S4 often just does not switch to 4G, and I get stuck on 3G too slow to even load a map.  When I toggle airplane mode, 4G is often around 85-90dBm.  So I'm in 3 to 4 bar territory for LTE and my phone won't switch unless I force it sometimes. Is there some way to change the priority of how it connects or the frequency at which it checks for a faster connection?

85-90 dB is an excellent strength for lte. Unless I am wrong and am corrected lte is the priority but your phone is programed to check it after a set time. I've noticed in new areas I go that have lte and my phone does not know it I have to cycle airplane mode, but usually areas that I visit that has lte my phone will do one of three things. The first one is switch immediately, the second is wait for the lte scan timer, and the third is I run my lte discovery app.

85-90 dB is an excellent strength for lte. Unless I am wrong and am corrected lte is the priority but your phone is programed to check it after a set time. I've noticed in new areas I go that have lte and my phone does not know it I have to cycle airplane mode, but usually areas that I visit that has lte my phone will do one of three things. The first one is switch immediately, the second is wait for the lte scan timer, and the third is I run my lte discovery app.

the third is I run my lte discovery app- I think you have given me exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks man.

the third is I run my lte discovery app- I think you have given me exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks man.

Is there an app for iPhone 5 that allows me to do a manual tower search without using airplane mode? I guess what I'm asking is airplane mode toggle the only known way to effectively cross your phone over to 4g?

Started getting 4G on and off for the past week in Westland at Warren and Newbergh RD.  Monday Had 4G at Meijers nothing T,W,T then Friday I had it in the AM at the same place but when I returned in the evening it was gone. Maybe it comes and goes with the wind.

• Like 1

Text message from sprint today said something to the tune of watch out for lte to turn on in bay city Michigan... However my excitement ended there. No love in the city limits, but I see a tower on the east side now shows 3g4g hybrid tower on donor map...

I live in Ann Arbor and am a couple hundred yards from the tower on Hogback Rd, the tower is behind the Washtenaw County Veterans Affairs office.  The LTE signal was turned on on May 29th.  I had a 4G LTE signal for a bout a week and have not picked up a 4G LTE signal from that tower since the morning of June 7th.  I have also noticed that since that time, my 3G service when connected to that tower is usually EVDO Rev A, only occassionally can I get an eHRPD 3G signal from that tower.  This is in direct contrast to the months leading up to the 4G LTE being briefly turned on where I almost always got am eHRPD signal from this tower.  My 3G service, which had increased data speeds to the point I could watch a youtube video on my phone about the half the time is now crawling super slowly to the point the data connection is virtually worthless when I am at home - though it works fine when connected to other towers around town.

I have rebooted my phone multiple times, toggled airplane mode, made sure my PRL, profile, firmware, and HTC software is all up to date.  I don't believe it is my phone, (HTC 4G LTE), as I can connect to LTE from other towers in the area.  It has been a month since I was last able to get a 4G LTE signal from this tower.

Is it normal for Sprint to turn off LTE at a tower for over a month after they have intially turned it on?  I can understand tweaking a tower and how coverage might be spotty for a week or so but LTE on this tower has been shut off for a month now.

It's probably a few pages back, but that site's data connection was disrupted during one of the storms a ways back. I think that's probably the only reason it's still offline. 

• Like 2

It's probably a few pages back, but that site's data connection was disrupted during one of the storms a ways back. I think that's probably the only reason it's still offline. 

Thank you for that piece of information.  I had missed that post.

Also Sprint could turn off a tower's lte for any reason for any length of time with no reason what so ever and do not have to say anything.

I think when they're bored or customer service doesn't have enough calls in the queue they switch off a few towers to keep things interesting. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

How many people here are in the Kalamazoo/Portage area?  I haven't seen much activity lately and was wondering if anyone else has. 

I think I have noticed a half-dozen or so.  Not sure how many are following the East Michigan thread though.

I haven't seen much activity, but then I haven't been out as much the last few weeks.

• Like 1