Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Could that refer to B26?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To date, Sprint network maps have never referenced B26 or B41 upgrades.

8 data capacity upgrades showed up last night across ABQ. this will make it more difficult to find the new accepted towers.

What I think data capacity is more cdma carriers? 

I think you are correct. I've seen "data capacity" on sites that were at the time still legacy, and I've seen it on sites that already have B25 &  B26, with no changes to the LTE speeds. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone seen any band 41 around ABQ? I am slightly shocked that there has been no upgrades identified.

Me too.  Keep your eyes peeled!

• Like 1

In b26 areas, I haven't connected to b25 since 800 started broadcasting.

I have seen differently. I have noticed when I get really close to the tower I get kicked to band 25.

This has only happened twice to me but both times I noticed it, I ran speed test and it was blazing over 25 megs.

• Like 1

So has anyone seen any b41 upgrades yet? I know down here in Alamogordo they have done the cabinet upgrade for B41. Just have to do the antena next.

Attach pic is of a sprint site in Las Cruces. Are those b41 antenas?

image.jpg

So has anyone seen any b41 upgrades yet? I know down here in Alamogordo they have done the cabinet upgrade for B41. Just have to do the antena next.

Attach pic is of a sprint site in Las Cruces. Are those b41 antenas?

Nope, just the single NV antenna per sector on the top tier.

Nope, just the single NV antenna per sector on the top tier.

Um, last year this sight had the Three RRU setup for each atena. Not sure when they switched to this style. Was hoping B41 was on the way. I thought it might be due to the upgrade crew I talked to in Alamo telling me that the new antenas had a single box on them..

Um, last year this sight had the Three RRU setup for each atena. Not sure when they switched to this style. Was hoping B41 was on the way. I thought it might be due to the upgrade crew I talked to in Alamo telling me that the new antenas had a single box on them..

Ericsson is swapping out 2 (some times 3) RRUS11s for 1 RRUS31s. Takes up less space, uses less power, and has more advanced capabilities.

That leaves 2 RRUs per sector. The project is unrelated to the Band 41 deployment, however sometimes the operations occur near the same time.

• 4 weeks later...

Ericsson is swapping out 2 (some times 3) RRUS11s for 1 RRUS31s. Takes up less space, uses less power, and has more advanced capabilities.

That leaves 2 RRUs per sector. The project is unrelated to the Band 41 deployment, however sometimes the operations occur near the same time.

Just ran into a crew doing the "65 mghz." upgrade the tower in Alamogordo. Talking with the guy not sure what the difference will be when done. Since I did the ios 8.3 update I have had a degrade in signal strength. Hope this helps.

Just ran into a crew doing the "65 mghz." upgrade the tower in Alamogordo. Talking with the guy not sure what the difference will be when done. Since I did the ios 8.3 update I have had a degrade in signal strength. Hope this helps.

He is putting up the new RRUs 31 vs the ericsson 11's.  More capable. I haven't noticed anything with 8.3 changing my signal strength.

Assumption is that they finally optimized the tower which does change the signal strength.

• 2 weeks later...

Centurylink is back at failing with back haul... :'(

Reason I say this is still no movement on all the remaining flag poll sites at least around me which I inquired Sprint about said they are still waiting on the local vendor to provide back haul to the sites (still another 3 to 6 months out)

Edited by SeanK_

So I ran into a crew working on the tower down here in Alamogordo. They are installing microwave antenna for Sprint for back-haul.They have fiber there already, so what does the microwave add to the mix? are they going to dump the fiber? or is this part of a bigger upgrade?

• Like 1

So I ran into a crew working on the tower down here in Alamogordo. They are installing microwave antenna for Sprint for back-haul.They have fiber there already, so what does the microwave add to the mix? are they going to dump the fiber? or is this part of a bigger upgrade?

It is a feeder site to another site that does not have fiber.  Maybe the site out by Holloman?  Or maybe the WiMax site or one of the old iDEN sites in the area.  Which way is the microwave radome pointed?

• Like 1