Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

Could be a hospital distributed antenna system.

When using the signal pro app on my N5 several time it showed two neighboring towers. The only other tower I know about is 15 miles away by Holloman AFB

image.jpg

Yeah Baby!! Band 41 upgrade is in progress in Alamogordo. Just talked to the tech installing the Nokia equipment in the base cabinets. He said the next step will be installing new antennas in the next couple of days (let's hope anyways)

• Like 3

Yeah Baby!! Band 41 upgrade is in progress in Alamogordo. Just talked to the tech installing the Nokia equipment in the base cabinets. He said the next step will be installing new antennas in the next couple of days (let's hope anyways)

Did you just say B41? We're in New Mexico correct? :P

• Like 3

Once a 2.5 upgrade begins, the entire install can be done in two to three working days. More experienced crews can get it done in a day if they really wanted to which results in what seems like new equipment suddenly appearing out of nowhere.

• Like 3

Pretty good speeds in my neighborhood. When I moved to Sprint a year and a half ago, data was not usable in my house, which didn't matter since I have wifi.. But nice to know now I'm covered either way.

402339d86e6d825366569109775795f9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

So has anyone else have problems getting an incoming call while on LTE? They just turned it on here. At first I had no problems. It seems to have started with the b41 upgrade. Sprint care was no help, says I have to wait for the upgrade to finish and then my phone will work. Not sure I buy that.

So has anyone else have problems getting an incoming call while on LTE? They just turned it on here. At first I had no problems. It seems to have started with the b41 upgrade. Sprint care was no help, says I have to wait for the upgrade to finish and then my phone will work. Not sure I buy that.

Someone forgot to enable the CSFB function when they inputted the parameters... probably. 

• Like 1

At least in my home tower, call service was very sporty for 3 or 4 days while they were upgrading.. Then it worked like a charm

If they did not enable eCFSB, switch back to your iPhone as they do not use circuit switch fall back. It would only effect your nexus 5. If that doesn't change, call sprint.

First signs of LTE in Farmington, NM.

Getting a signal on the north end of town along Pinion Hills Blvd.  

Speed test showed 8mbps down and 6up.

Hoping it comes to the rest of town soon!

• Like 1

If they did not enable eCFSB, switch back to your iPhone as they do not use circuit switch fall back. It would only effect your nexus 5. If that doesn't change, call sprint.

Not sure what the problem is. My wife's 5s works fine. I did a full reset on my 6+ to see if that would fix it. That was a no go.

If I am watching the status bar when a call is suppose to be coming in, I can see it drop from LTE to 1x. I will then see the signal drop to 3G. Seeing all this I was thinking it phone problems at first, since the reset did not fix it. Not sure what to think now.

Not sure what the problem is. My wife's 5s works fine. I did a full reset on my 6+ to see if that would fix it. That was a no go.

If I am watching the status bar when a call is suppose to be coming in, I can see it drop from LTE to 1x. I will then see the signal drop to 3G. Seeing all this I was thinking it phone problems at first, since the reset did not fix it. Not sure what to think now.

That is a CSFB problem. The iPhone 5's don't use CSFB for voice. They constantly ping the voice network looking for a call. So any non CSFB device would still work fine.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

• Like 1

That is a CSFB problem. The iPhone 5's don't use CSFB for voice. They constantly ping the voice network looking for a call. So any non CSFB device would still work fine.

Using Moto X² on Tapatalk

Thanks Robert. I thought all iPhones pinged the towers. That should make it a big enough problem for a priority fix.

• Like 1

Thanks Robert. I thought all iPhones pinged the towers. That should make it a big enough problem for a priority fix.

Email Marci@Sprint and let them know. I have better luck with them when it comes to issues with anything tower related or anything that above the normal call center at Sprint.

• Like 1

I am sorry to be a stickler curmudgeon, but can we explain more accurately than "ping"?

AJ

Well they have fixed the tower. Talked to a crew onsite they were replacing some components on the tower. One tech said that they were not suppose to turn on LTE because they did not have the permits yet and that it is turned off. Not according to my phone. Was kind of hoping it was the crew to install the tower equipment for B41. He said no that is not schedule yet. Did say we will have two B41 sites in town. That will be nice. So now everything is working great down here. Sure is nice to have the LTE when waiting in a doctors office.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

8 data capacity upgrades showed up last night across ABQ. this will make it more difficult to find the new accepted towers.

I hope to do an update today.
  • Like 2