Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I was driving by this site a few minutes ago, and there is a couple of people there. The fence was open and they had a tarp covering all of the cabinets and they were all eating lunch. I didn't have time to stop other then to drive by, but it was the MasTec engineering truck, with a trailer that had tons of equipment in it. I'll try to stop by again, but I might not be able to today. Good news hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop bye!  Grab some pics?

• Like 1

Stop bye! Grab some pics?

I'll try again, it's pretty close to my work on academy. I was in such a rush I was already hoping I wouldn't be disappointed by driving in the parking lot. They way I was in a rush they'd probably recognize my jeep anyway!

• Like 1

I'll try again, it's pretty close to my work on academy. I was in such a rush I was already hoping I wouldn't be disappointed by driving in the parking lot. They way I was in a rush they'd probably recognize my jeep anyway!

PM the tower location. I might head home right now and "work" from home.

• Like 2

Crap, does living against the mountain suck sometimes! During this time of day where I live 3G and LTE struggle. Like 3G is below 0.02Mbps. Then again Sprint's call quality is still so amazing. I feel the one carrier of B25, B26, and the 3G we have really isn't enough in some parts of ABQ. I hope some of those new sites or small cells come to Albuquerque. We're late for everything.

Crap, does living against the mountain suck sometimes! During this time of day where I live 3G and LTE struggle. Like 3G is below 0.02Mbps. Then again Sprint's call quality is still so amazing. I feel the one carrier of B25, B26, and the 3G we have really isn't enough in some parts of ABQ. I hope some of those new sites or small cells come to Albuquerque. We're late for everything.

I sort of want to agree with you, but I was in OAK today for new hire stuff and only for a few hours, but when I was there calls were bad and I mean bad - dropped calls, static noise, and even muffled noise. (Was on 3G, B25, B26 and B41 in a high volume area) I wanted to come back to ABQ! <= Never thought I would say that. Would be nice if they would hurry the heck up and finish the left over sites, but I can at least wait little bit more now.
  • Like 1

I sort of want to agree with you, but I was in OAK today for new hire stuff and only for a few hours, but when I was there calls were bad and I mean bad - dropped calls, static noise, and even muffled noise. (Was on 3G, B25, B26 and B41 in a high volume area) I wanted to come back to ABQ! <= Never thought I would say that. Would be nice if they would hurry the heck up and finish the left over sites, but I can at least wait little bit more now.

Yeah overall, ABQ is pretty good. Calls are amazing, and even SMS and MMS is perfect. Even in group MMS with other carriers, I have never had a problem with delayed or missing messages. Also what is nice, is the tower spacing is generally the same across the city, and I almost always have LTE in non GMO areas. (With the exception of Rio Grande between Montano and Paseo, it's never pretty over there)

Yeah overall, ABQ is pretty good. Calls are amazing, and even SMS and MMS is perfect. Even in group MMS with other carriers, I have never had a problem with delayed or missing messages. Also what is nice, is the tower spacing is generally the same across the city, and I almost always have LTE in non GMO areas. (With the exception of Rio Grande between Montano and Paseo, it's never pretty over there)

Permits went through a couple of months ago. I have a feeling they might already be completed or in process awaiting centurylink to save the day.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

Permits went through a couple of months ago. I have a feeling they might already be completed or in process awaiting centurylink to save the day.

Since when can "Centurylink" and "save the day" be in the same sentence? Lol

• Like 1

That area is a mess, phone always goes crazy with flipping signal. Sometimes my phone will beep on signal check pro like 25 times before latches on.

That area is a mess, phone always goes crazy with flipping signal. Sometimes my phone will beep on signal check pro like 25 times before latches on.

I thought that 3G tower that was accepted a few weeks ago would help the problem at Los Poblanos(where I am at a lot), but honestly I haven't seen a difference. But it's just that area! Ugh.

Doesn't help when its just flag polls.

Most of the flag polls in ABQ I have noticed that 1. they are full builds with either the RRU mounted on the pole or ground mounted and 2. there is plenty of room up there for the 8t8r's up there.

Most of the flag polls in ABQ I have noticed that 1. they are full builds with either the RRU mounted on the pole or ground mounted and 2. there is plenty of room up there for the 8t8r's up there.

If they could covert the one by Paseo and Coors by getting some agreement by the tower that's right next to it, where its high enough to cover a lot more space, they would be golden, would help offset the usage at the one at Coors and Montano.

If they could covert the one by Paseo and Coors by getting some agreement by the tower that's right next to it, where its high enough to cover a lot more space, they would be golden, would help offset the usage at the one at Coors and Montano.

Coors and Montano is completed however, I think it has to be missing backhaul. When I uber over there I choose to leave my phone with LTE off.

It has? Don't think I've ever seen the cover off, unless you are talking about the one the on the other side of the river?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

It has? Don't think I've ever seen the cover off, unless you are talking about the one the on the other side of the river?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

umm I may be confused...,

I just ran my bi-monthly query of the CABQ permit site. I just found 6 or so new permits for Verizon. Interesting, I know they already have AWS on these towers. Unless this is the start of their rip and replace that so many others have discussed.

Hello everyone, I'm one of those lurkers who has been lurking this New Mexico thread for a couple years now. I lived in Las Cruces through their LTE upgrades and Sprint is finally relatively strong there now.

I moved to Carlsbad, NM and I have to say, Sprint has the worst service I have ever seen in my life here.

My brother tells me it's been bad for years.

Can anyone look into the towers and see what's going on? Is Sprint trying to upgrade Carlsbad in any way?

Any info you guys can find would be great!

Hello everyone, I'm one of those lurkers who has been lurking this New Mexico thread for a couple years now. I lived in Las Cruces through their LTE upgrades and Sprint is finally relatively strong there now.

I moved to Carlsbad, NM and I have to say, Sprint has the worst service I have ever seen in my life here.

My brother tells me it's been bad for years.

Can anyone look into the towers and see what's going on? Is Sprint trying to upgrade Carlsbad in any way?

Any info you guys can find would be great!

Hi Keegsta, welcome!

From looking at the maps, that area is 3G (from what I can tell) and only about 5 towers around that general area. I'm not sure what Sprint update schedule is there, but they did say that you are going to be adding towers around the country where its needed, hopefully some new ones will pop up there.

Hey everyone! Some updates since I was last on here, as you all know I am attending NM Tech this semester, so moving to Socorro happened to be so much easier now Sprint has LTE. Actually, this past Friday they were adding b26, making the entire network unstable and unusable throughout orientation/move-in weekend (which completely sucked). I still get no service through several buildings and my dorm, but frankly I don't think any network could get past these walls.

I traveled to El Paso with my father on business, and it made me so happy to be back on the freeway home, as it was torture down there having no service indoors, all of Sprint's low band issues down there can't be solved any faster. I have been to a bad market for Sprint, but this was on another level.

Also, I will be doing several internships and CoOps throughout rural NM, so I'm going to have to start a line with Verizon, because Sprint's roaming hard cap isn't going to work with me being gone weeks at a time. My parents are keeping this line open for me, so when I return to Socorro or ABQ or wherever I can still use our network. I'll still be on here, since Verizon has LTE almost everywhere, and they don't limit roaming, no excuses to not keep with S4GRU! Wish me luck!

• Like 2

It has been three months since I talked to the crew doing b26 upgrade here in Alamogordo . It is still not live yet. Sure hope they get it done soon

It has been three months since I talked to the crew doing b26 upgrade here in Alamogordo . It is still not live yet. Sure hope they get it done soon

I don't think B26 is clear in Otero County for deployment from the FCC.

Hope they are close. Would not think that they would spend the money on an upgrade unless it was close to being used.

I forgot the tower outside of Hollowman already has 800 SMR. Should be coming online soon with LTE. They have had the microwave back haul in place for awhile now.

• Like 1