Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

No it has been broadcasting for like the last twenty minutes. Just ran to Wyoming Walgreens and didn't have anything. Just read this and sure enough it is on.

Sent from my iPhone 6 64GB using Tapatalk

So is it me, or is the LTE not really working? i have found myself switching back to 3G to be able to actually use the internet. When I do speed tests they are often coming up with a dallas location? 

So is it me, or is the LTE not really working? i have found myself switching back to 3G to be able to actually use the internet. When I do speed tests they are often coming up with a dallas location?

Me too. It is crazy. When I do get a speed test to go I am getting speeds of greater than 10 Mbps.

That location is just the server Ookla picked. It's not always the closest one. I always manually set my server to the one that I know has the best results.

That location is just the server Ookla picked. It's not always the closest one. I always manually set my server to the one that I know has the best results.

i have set the server for Comcast in Albuquerque. The tower however seems like it is not working properly.

That was just a reply to him saying the location was showing Dallas.

I understand that. I should have clarified my response to be that I don't believe the location of the server was interfering.  I may have to get that contact with Sprint about how the tower is acting.  3G speeds from the tower are 2megs plus. Great. On LTE, the speeds are all over the place and sometimes I get a Network Communications Error.

I understand that. I should have clarified my response to be that I don't believe the location of the server was interfering.  I may have to get that contact with Sprint about how the tower is acting.  3G speeds from the tower are 2megs plus. Great. On LTE, the speeds are all over the place and sometimes I get a Network Communications Error.

No doubt there's an issue with the site. Just wanted to make sure it was understood the app didn't think he was in Dallas!

No doubt there's an issue with the site. Just wanted to make sure it was understood the app didn't think he was in Dallas!

Should we report this to Sprint or do you guys think that Sprint is aware of this tower having issues?

Should we report this to Sprint or do you guys think that Sprint is aware of this tower having issues?

I would report it and see if there is any open tickets. If not, then that's fine, now they are aware of it. I just wouldn't go through the normal customer service though. Email this team as they have direct contact with the network team. https://twitter.com/MarciCarris

LTE site at north east las cruces is offline again. Was only on for about 2 weeks... Wish sensorly would update the maps to show recent activity... What you see for las cruces is not even close to being correct.

Still waiting on Farmington.  Still no usable 3G.

I use a dumbphone because I refuse to pay the premium data fee.

Wonder if we will ever get LTE.

I can understand your pain.

However, if you become a sponsor, you will be able to see the towers in Farmington, Bloomfield, Aztec and Kirkland that Sprint has already upgraded to the new Network Vision equipment (Band 25 and Band 26 capable).

In addition, if you would be interested in Primier sponsor, there are maps that have been released that were obtained from Sprint about the scheduled upgrades within the next 90 and 180 days.  I can say that for 11 towers in the towns noted above, 9 have multiple scheduled upgrades.

The big issue for you and that area is the internet provider.  Centurlylink is providing the high speed backhaul and they are lagging behind. Hence why Santa Fe, Roswell, Carlsbad, 1/3 of ABQ and other areas have not seen LTE yet. 

Finally, if Sprint can't get the upgrades fast enough, I would suggest another provider until Sprint can provide the service you are looking for.

Well for the last couple of days we keep dropping to 1x in Alamogordo. Don't know if it is a tower problem or maybe an upgrade in progress. Driven by the tower but have not seen anyone working on it. Hoping for some LTE soon.

Well for the last couple of days we keep dropping to 1x in Alamogordo. Don't know if it is a tower problem or maybe an upgrade in progress. Driven by the tower but have not seen anyone working on it. Hoping for some LTE soon.

Good luck. Hopefully back haul integration.

Good luck. Hopefully back haul integration.

That was done a few weeks ago. I did not see any improvements so do not know if there were problems or not. Gonna swing by today to see if there is a crew working on it.

That was done a few weeks ago. I did not see any improvements so do not know if there were problems or not. Gonna swing by today to see if there is a crew working on it.

Well I went by today and no one was on site. I did see that the fiber box panel was left open. So someone was there in the last day or so. My phone did drop this tower a couple of time today and connected with the one 13 miles outside of town. Was is sad is that my data speed were much better off that tower then the closer one. LOL

I've been camped on SMR all day up here in Los Alamos.  I'm seeing up to 10 dB better signal than usual for 1X.  I haven't yet nailed down if it's coming from Santa Fe/Pojoaque or if it's the Los Alamos tower in town that has upgraded panels.  I will go out at lunch and see what I can find.

• Like 2

I've been camped on SMR all day up here in Los Alamos. I'm seeing up to 10 dB better signal than usual for 1X. I haven't yet nailed down if it's coming from Santa Fe/Pojoaque or if it's the Los Alamos tower in town that has upgraded panels. I will go out at lunch and see what I can find.

To add further, I'm at the tower now and it's definitely the Los Alamos tower. My signal is now -60. I cycled airplane mode and it connected right back to smr. I am running stock prl so shouldn't it switch back to 1x after a radio cycle? Unless Sprint changed the priorities in their side to prioritize smr which would be awesome!
  • Like 1

To add further, I'm at the tower now and it's definitely the Los Alamos tower. My signal is now -60. I cycled airplane mode and it connected right back to smr. I am running stock prl so shouldn't it switch back to 1x after a radio cycle? Unless Sprint changed the priorities in their side to prioritize smr which would be awesome!

It sometimes takes you back 1x 1900.  Sometimes lets you stay on 1x 800.  It seems to vary by device, time of day/network conditions, OEM, etc.

Hopefully there will be B25 LTE at that site soon.  Maybe even B26.  That would be great.

• Like 1

Next time you go through Santa Fe, check and see if the site at St. Francis and I-25 is live with LTE.  It was accepted recently.  I remember running into the CenturyLink guy there in Summer 2013.  I am not surprised to see it as the first accepted Santa Fe LTE site.  Map on Sensorly for me when you drive by.  Thanks.

Next time you go through Santa Fe, check and see if the site at St. Francis and I-25 is live with LTE.  It was accepted recently.  I remember running into the CenturyLink guy there in Summer 2013.  I am not surprised to see it as the first accepted Santa Fe LTE site.  Map on Sensorly for me when you drive by.  Thanks.

I'll be headed down today, I'll try and go through town insteasd of the bypass and see what I can find.

• Like 1

Next time you go through Santa Fe, check and see if the site at St. Francis and I-25 is live with LTE. It was accepted recently. I remember running into the CenturyLink guy there in Summer 2013. I am not surprised to see it as the first accepted Santa Fe LTE site. Map on Sensorly for me when you drive by. Thanks.

Cycled the radio multiple times and nothing :-/
  • Like 1

I'll be headed down today, I'll try and go through town insteasd of the bypass and see what I can find.

Wait, did you go "down" to Santa Fe from Albuquerque?  Or are you in Los Alamos now?  I surely hope the latter, not the former.  Otherwise, you took the wrong way around the entire planet -- and somehow still gained elevation.

As a personal anecdote, I grew up in a small town south of Kansas City.  I had a friend who talked about going "down" to Kansas City.  It bothered me.

AJ