Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

So what kind of speeds can you get on B26 in Albuquerque? I ask because I just spent a week in San Angelo Tx with B26 all over the place and the best speeds I get were less then 1MB down or up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it varies by location drastically. Typically around 3-5 Mbps I've seen at least in the east side of town.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-01-19-20-42-07.png does this mean my site hasn't fully been upgraded

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Are you not able to get LTE? Try turning Airplane mode on and, Then off. See if that connects your Device to LTE.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2016-01-19-21-02-53.png

HHmmm anything under -115 should help LTE stay for sure anything under -100. Its when its around -120 It will lose it or switch to another band if your that lucky.

So does anyone know if B41 is showing up in El Paso?

On a side note I had a person drop from my Framily plan. I took it as my son is getting old enough to carry a phone for emergency. I activated an old Samsung Epic that I had (I think I will use the upgrade for an iPhone later). It still connects to the WiMax 4G. Speed sucks (1.5/down .8/up).

I hope this is an indication that I might get B41 at my house when then get to that.

I haven't seen any....im in the northeast of el paso..

So I ran into a crew working on the tower down here in Alamogordo. They are installing microwave antenna for Sprint for back-haul.They have fiber there already, so what does the microwave add to the mix? are they going to dump the fiber? or is this part of a bigger upgrade?

It seems like sprint is the laying the ground work for LTE plus in alamagordo and Albuquerque.... i have seen zero activity in el paso.... the last activity i have seen was august of last year... Ericsson was converting a legacy site to network vision.

Someone finally laid some sensorly streaks in Roswell

9189283.jpg

• Like 1

Hey everyone! Some updates since I was last on here, as you all know I am attending NM Tech this semester, so moving to Socorro happened to be so much easier now Sprint has LTE. Actually, this past Friday they were adding b26, making the entire network unstable and unusable throughout orientation/move-in weekend (which completely sucked). I still get no service through several buildings and my dorm, but frankly I don't think any network could get past these walls.

I traveled to El Paso with my father on business, and it made me so happy to be back on the freeway home, as it was torture down there having no service indoors, all of Sprint's low band issues down there can't be solved any faster. I have been to a bad market for Sprint, but this was on another level.

Also, I will be doing several internships and CoOps throughout rural NM, so I'm going to have to start a line with Verizon, because Sprint's roaming hard cap isn't going to work with me being gone weeks at a time. My parents are keeping this line open for me, so when I return to Socorro or ABQ or wherever I can still use our network. I'll still be on here, since Verizon has LTE almost everywhere, and they don't limit roaming, no excuses to not keep with S4GRU! Wish me luck!

El paso is a really tricky market.... i am in the northeast part of town... we are by far the biggest city in the new Mexico market.... towers are taking on a lot of traffic.... this market needs a much closer look...... me and my close buddy always discuss networks and sprint here needs a lot more marco sites.... we only have 3 sites covering the entire northeast.... so band 41 and 26 will help but they have to fill in the gaps....

Poor Albuquerque. I knew Sprint was going to stay last though. Maybe next round of testing we will actually have a B41 site.

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/albuquerque-nm/2015/2H

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Albuquerque is lucky to be at 71 on the network speeds.. in el paso we are in the low 50's

I read this morning that El Paso is now on the Sprint LTE Coming Soon list. So this means the Albuquerque market full build sites are starting. A happy day for us here in New Mexico. And yes, New Mexicans consider El Paso ours. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Do you think Albuquerque and el paso will start the lte plus roll out at the same time?

Do you think Albuquerque and el paso will start the lte plus roll out at the same time?

Yea, I believe they will.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0

And what realistic time frame do you see our markets getting LTE plus?

I check El Paso permits weekly and I haven't seen any sprint specific band 41 applications going through. Once we see applications, that is when the timeframe can really be nailed down. The process will go faster than before. It is not a tip and replace.
  • Like 1

I check El Paso permits weekly and I haven't seen any sprint specific band 41 applications going through. Once we see applications, that is when the timeframe can really be nailed down. The process will go faster than before. It is not a tip and replace.

So we might not see any activity until early 2017.... ahh, it's just band 25 is burned out here. lol i do know about the situation with b26 i always thought it was because of Mexico.... i checked the offical document on the FCC website... some guy has all the rights to the 800 mhz and he wants sprint to buy him out. They can't reach a deal so the fcc keeps extending 3 months at a time.