Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

As a personal anecdote, I grew up in a small town south of Kansas City.  I had a friend who talked about going "down" to Kansas City.  It bothered me.

AJ

It's one of my pet peeves.  I will let it go if someone says they are going down somewhere if they are going down in elevation or at least heading south.  South is not down, but I can at least see the 'funky logic' in that thinking.  Because at least south is down on most maps.  And the opposite being true of up and north and up being used for increasing in elevation.  It certainly is true to say you go up to Los Alamos from Pojoaque, since there is nearly a 2,000 elevation gain.

But I cannot resist to give people my two cents when they grossly misuse the terms up and down as a heading to a destination.  It's one of my idiosyncrasies.

• Like 2

Wait, did you go "down" to Santa Fe from Albuquerque? Or are you in Los Alamos now? I surely hope the latter, not the former. Otherwise, you took the wrong way around the entire planet -- and somehow still gained elevation.

As a personal anecdote, I grew up in a small town south of Kansas City. I had a friend who talked about going "down" to Kansas City. It bothered me.

AJ

Went down from Los Alamos. It's definitely a pet peeve of mine too.

First one in that state. Interesting that's the first to go live.

I agree. It could be the site that Robert said was lte accepted because my signal was very weak and the site he mentioned was across town from where I was.
  • Like 1

I agree. It could be the site that Robert said was lte accepted because my signal was very weak and the site he mentioned was across town from where I was.

Yeah from what I saw on sensorly I knew you were a way away. Pretty cool to get an idea of what Band 26 can do!

Edit I calculates 5 miles.

• Like 1

That would be amazing if B26 from I-25/St. Francis is making it all the way to the rail yards.  Especially since that site is mounted low on a power line.

• Like 1

Band 26! I'm at the corner of Tramway and I-40. I've always gotten 2 bars of B25 with speeds of about 2 Mbps, so an improvement!

14fba5994c3b34d80382fb62b8dd429e.jpg771ffc00a2cd5a7118e4fcc6659e2b01.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like somebody flipped the switch in New Mexico! Let's move the B26 talk into the premier thread.

• Like 1

Thank you, forgot this was the incorrect thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No worries. I think general information like "look what I found" is fine out here, but if we want to discuss specific towers/status what not it should probably be on the other thread.

• Like 1

I just picked up B26 at my office in Los Alamos! I can neither confirm nor deny my office location based on the purple dot in Los Alamos on Sensorly ;)

Edit: Proof

4twQqhRl.png

Is that TA 54? My mom used to work over there. Haven't seen that since 9-11. Awesome that band 26 is showing up. Are you getting whiffs of band 25.

Is that TA 54? My mom used to work over there. Haven't seen that since 9-11. Awesome that band 26 is showing up. Are you getting whiffs of band 25.

I didn't connect to B25 today, but I have a suspicion that they turned lte on this afternoon because I was in town and had dropping voice signal all lunch. I'm actually at TA-46. Yeah it's kind of a bummer they shut it down after 9/11

I didn't connect to B25 today, but I have a suspicion that they turned lte on this afternoon because I was in town and had dropping voice signal all lunch. I'm actually at TA-46. Yeah it's kind of a bummer they shut it down after 9/11

Try living there during 9/11. Never seen so many guns on school campus. Miss being able to do that drive. Best part of the hill. I am heading up next week to ski and stay at the parents so I will check it out.

Come on Sprint and light up Alamogordo please!! Back haul is in place. Do not let that Ercisson Tech be right ( he said he does not believe LTE wil be turned on until late this year or early next year, and B41 will be late 2016). The information says different.

Come on Sprint and light up Alamogordo please!! Back haul is in place. Do not let that Ercisson Tech be right ( he said he does not believe LTE wil be turned on until late this year or early next year, and B41 will be late 2016). The information says different.

When I talked to the network team last week, the guy told me that our market would be fully completed by December.

Edited by SeanK_