Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

I called about this LAST year. They initially said May/April. It's now September and I haven't seen any progress and 3G continues to be near useless at times.

I'm really hoping they can start speeding things up.

On a side note, I'm also wondering if the new triband phones will significantly increase reception of LTE. I know the LG G2 is supposed to be triband. I hope the Note 3 is as well.

A donation would get you access to some pretty nifty maps that will tell you what kind of progress there is going on around you and what towers are nearest to you.  Just look in my signature.

As for information from reps or anyone really at Sprint, it's a "we'll say whatever to appease you and get you off the phone" type deal.  That info is a LOT less reliable then this information on this site.

• Like 2

As long as I have 4glte speeds of 5mbps down and 2 mbps up everywhere I go I'm good I dont care about that other fancy stuff like triband and lte advanced to me that's pointless because 5mbps down and 2 mbps up is perfect for streaming videos surfing the web and downloading stuff

San Bernardino progress has been little to none these past couple weeks. Service has been terrible in 92405, not only is 3G unusable all my calls get dropped now even with full bars -_-

Don't jinx it! Its the quiet before the storm!!! And I really miss me some rain:-\

• Like 1

Has anyone spotted any LTE coverage in the Riverside area by the Arlington High School tower or Cal Baptist Tower? In general when are we getting LTE service in Riverside???? 

I was in the Corona Public Library earlier and I've got amazing LTE service inside the Library. Good penetration. Major plus!! Don't know how to upload pictures on here.. but i got 51ping... Download of 5.61 mbps, Upload 0.65mbps. 

does anyone know what the actual "average" of LTE should be when it rolls out? Poster above says he got 5.61 mbps.  From what Ive seen in southern CA, that's the 3G speed for other carriers.

Whenever I do speedtests with my friends they get far superior numbers to Sprint.

T-Mobile HSPA- 13mbps

Verizon- 21mbps

Sprint- 3mbps (I was on LTE)

Granted that isn't everywhere, but we did the speedtests at the exact same locations. I'm clinging onto Sprint because of their unlimited and hopes that they get everything deployed but it's getting harder to stay with them.

does anyone know what the actual "average" of LTE should be when it rolls out? Poster above says he got 5.61 mbps.  From what Ive seen in southern CA, that's the 3G speed for other carriers.

Whenever I do speedtests with my friends they get far superior numbers to Sprint.

T-Mobile HSPA- 13mbps

Verizon- 21mbps

Granted that isn't everywhere, but we did the speedtests at the exact same locations. I'm clinging onto Sprint because of their unlimited and hopes that they get everything deployed but it's getting harder to stay with them.

While the others can do faster speeds, the big question is whether those speeds keep up with increasing load on the network. Based on Sprint's spectrum holdings and NV, I think Sprint will pass that test.

• Like 2

T-Mobile HSPA- 13mbps

Verizon- 21mbps

I heard in the forums and articles that it should be around 3-5 mbps. Lets remember that the  LTE network is still in progress so speeds might vary. 

Also, you cant compare to HSPA from T-mobile speeds due to a different technologies.

Nextel site. Before it has 4 panels on each side. I believe it still some legacy 3g panels. Im unsure.

Updated tower in Chino, cant find the before pics. Sorry guys

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/avamixuw9wl6u47/gE8Axt2r_9

Looks like 800 is connected? correct me if I'm wrong

• Like 2

Before Network Vision

https://www.dropbox....6u47/gE8Axt2r_9

After Network Vision

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/987fap9pfpl1bap/pXninyybsI

Nextel site. Before it had 4 panels on each side. I believe it still has some legacy 3g panels. Im unsure.
Updated tower in Chino, cant find the before pics. Sorry guys

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/avamixuw9wl6u47/gE8Axt2r_9

Looks like 800 is connected? correct me if I'm wrong

October is almost here. Who cares you say? We should! Supposed Official LTE launch ?

If you are going by the official launch dates as stated on this site, that is superfluous to the information gathered from the data received.  In short, Chill.

So is sprint adding new towers during this nv upgrade? I'm not sure if it's sprints but sprint is the only company I know that is doing upgrades in this area. There is a tower off Pedley and granite hill rd and it had two different companies panels (one panel at the top and a set of panels under it) . And today I drove by it and noticed a third set of panels. Did sprint add a these panels on the tower?

So is sprint adding new towers during this nv upgrade? I'm not sure if it's sprints but sprint is the only company I know that is doing upgrades in this area. There is a tower off Pedley and granite hill rd and it had two different companies panels (one panel at the top and a set of panels under it) . And today I drove by it and noticed a third set of panels. Did sprint add a these panels on the tower?

I live around the corner from a Sprint tower that has been NV complete for about 4 months that is still using 3G. I'm still waiting to get a 4G lte signal from it. According to the Sprint upgrades map this site is complete. IDK.

I live around the corner from a Sprint tower that has been NV complete for about 4 months that is still using 3G. I'm still waiting to get a 4G lte signal from it. According to the Sprint upgrades map this site is complete. IDK.

Yah same here in south ridge Fontana. It's mapped out on lte around here but it was only on for a couple of days and now it's been off for about 2 months now. Back on the slow 3G here

The site might be NV complete, but maybe waiting for fiber connections. Might take months to go online or might take days. 

Yah same here in south ridge Fontana. It's mapped out on lte around here but it was only on for a couple of days and now it's been off for about 2 months now. Back on the slow 3G here

Maybe you were getting LTE from a near site? or probably someone mapped during testing.