Estimated time of 800 mhz rollout?

Is it just me or is tapatalk borked. I tried to edit my above post and well you see the result. It added a whole bunch of jibberish.

2 klatapaT gnisu III S yxalaG gnusmaS ym morf tnes

Yep. Same to me. It even chops my edits. Sometimes it quotes messages from a year ago too. Only happens on this forum. I don't use any other ipboard forums though.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Is it just me or is tapatalk borked. I tried to edit my above post and well you see the result. It added a whole bunch of jibberish.

2 klatapaT gnisu III S yxalaG gnusmaS ym morf tnes

its all spelled backward

• Like 1

its all spelled backward

That's his signature. It's supposed to be like that. He was talking about the post with the broken HTML tags.

<br /><br />1900 pcs - Currently 1x, EV-DO and LTE<br /><br />2.5~2.7 GHZ BRS - Currently WiMax, LTE in the future<br /><br />800 SMR - Currently iden with pockets of 1x in the Chicago area and texas, in the future LTE and 1x.<br /><br />2 klatapaT gnisu III S yxalaG gnusmaS ym morf tnes<br /><br /><br />

• Like 1

How far do you think 800mhz can travel in wooded areas like New England.

If an 800 MHz site is deployed in a forest, does it make a sound?

AJ

• Like 3

Slightly off topic but I don't feel it deserves its own thread... How will 800 mhz 1X signal be displayed as compared to LTE/evdo? Like if you're in an area with LTE and 800 mhz 1X, obviously the signal strength will be different. Wasn't sure how they were going to handle that.

Wasn't sure how they were going to handle that.

If you are referring to signal bar display, most/all current Sprint handsets display CDMA1X and/or EV-DO signal strength, not LTE signal strength. LTE is either connected or not, as evidenced by the 4G indicator.

AJ

Slightly off topic but I don't feel it deserves its own thread... How will 800 mhz 1X signal be displayed as compared to LTE/evdo? Like if you're in an area with LTE and 800 mhz 1X, obviously the signal strength will be different. Wasn't sure how they were going to handle that.

Sprint will display the stronger signal, so the 800Mhz 1XA, but with an LTE indicator

Slightly off topic but I don't feel it deserves its own thread... How will 800 mhz 1X signal be displayed as compared to LTE/evdo? Like if you're in an area with LTE and 800 mhz 1X' date=' obviously the signal strength will be different. Wasn't sure how they were going to handle that.[/quote']

When I connect to CDMA 800, the same 3G icon stays in place. I just typically have more "bars". I imagine LTE 800 will just show a 4G icon with more "bars".

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Sprint will display the stronger signal, so the 800Mhz 1XA, but with an LTE indicator

Which, by the way, will be amazing for the Nextel crowd. And a lot of the Sprint crowd. Signal bars are a huge placebo to customers, actual network performance be damned.
  • Like 5

Which, by the way, will be amazing for the Nextel crowd. And a lot of the Sprint crowd. Signal bars are a huge placebo to customers, actual network performance be damned.

Guilty as charged lol though I don't care as long as I get decent speeds.

• Like 1

Some questions come to mind after reading through all the 800/1xA info on the site today. I read too much, just need some clarity:

1. Is the term 1xA being used only to differentiate it from the old 1x in that it will operate on the 800mhz? Or is the term just being used to signify the 800mhz voice sites with no 800mhz LTE? Or is it because it will be like the old 1x but plus a step up in speed, over 800mhz? -- I did see Robert's comment about using 1xA in Waco and pulling 135kbps, but just wanting to clarify the use and meaning of the term. And, I assume no svdo over the 1xA right?

2. Robert said some sites are being converted for voice over 800mhz, and I see that on the interactive maps; and that more would be added probably in the next 6 months..what is the method to why/when they decide to update an area's towers for voice over 800mhz? Do you think Sprint already has an idea, or its own internal map, with a rollout schedule on converting sites to voice over 800mhz? I understand why an area like Chicago is getting the 800mhz/voice upgrades - they need it now. And I see that for Premiere Sponsors you might have NV Schedule maps..do those at least show the rollout schedule for NV 1900?

Thanks! -- just registered and donated today.

Some questions come to mind after reading through all the 800/1xA info on the site today. I read too much, just need some clarity:

1. Is the term 1xA being used only to differentiate it from the old 1x in that it will operate on the 800mhz? Or is the term just being used to signify the 800mhz voice sites with no 800mhz LTE? Or is it because it will be like the old 1x but plus a step up in speed, over 800mhz? -- I did see Robert's comment about using 1xA in Waco and pulling 135kbps, but just wanting to clarify the use and meaning of the term. And, I assume no svdo over the 1xA right?

2. Robert said some sites are being converted for voice over 800mhz, and I see that on the interactive maps; and that more would be added probably in the next 6 months..what is the method to why/when they decide to update an area's towers for voice over 800mhz? Do you think Sprint already has an idea, or its own internal map, with a rollout schedule on converting sites to voice over 800mhz? I understand why an area like Chicago is getting the 800mhz/voice upgrades - they need it now. And I see that for Premiere Sponsors you might have NV Schedule maps..do those at least show the rollout schedule for NV 1900?

Thanks! -- just registered and donated today.

1.Yup. There's two different things we're talking about. CDMA 1x-Advanced for Voice on the 800mhz band (better coverage/penetration into buildings & whatnot) and LTE 800mhz for data speeds. 1xA speeds should be consistent but it should be around 100kbps as they don't need much capacity for voice.

2. 800mhz deployment, to my knowledge, will be dependent on area, geography, requirements, etc. They're going to use that low frequency band to cover areas like Vz and ATT. Since 800mhz travels farther and penetrates better than 1900mhz, you don't need it on every tower. If i remember correctly, only about 70-80% of sprint sites are going to have 800mhz up and running with significant overlap etc being the reason that not all sites are going to have it.

After just over a week since my phone saw CDMA 800 last it's finally reconnected to it after powering the radio off and on. Signal on 1900 was inconsistent but usually hovered around -83 db, on 800 I'm sitting at -71. I really can't wait til this is deployed all over! especially in Chicago where it's needed terribly.

AJ

Only if your ears are cable of hearing such a high frequency noise. In which case life is probably quite interesting for you. Sometimes my ears move out of tune and I hear strange tones myself. I have been hearing them since I was 5 or 6, the frequency is far to high for me to be able to hear usually but I don't know what i'm hearing.

• Like 1

Only if your ears are cable of hearing such a high frequency noise. In which case life is probably quite interesting for you. Sometimes my ears move out of tune and I hear strange tones myself. I have been hearing them since I was 5 or 6, the frequency is far to high for me to be able to hear usually but I don't know what i'm hearing.

Now I don't feel so bad

My case is a little different and happened as I got older. It's called tinnitus.

My case is a little different and happened as I got older. It's called tinnitus.

It happens for me once a month on average I would say. It can be any one of 2-3 different tones I hear. One is a noise that is similar to what I hear in absolute silence but is slowly amplified (hard to explain) then suddenly goes away. Another is a distinct frequency that is lower than that. It comes and goes quickly (maybe lasts 10-15 seconds).

It is quite random when they occur, I have gone months and months without hearing them then sometimes I hear them a couple times in the same week.

It happens so rarely and sporadically though that it doesn't bother me much. Should I be concerned?

Only if your ears are cable of hearing such a high frequency noise.

Okay, try this one. If an 800 MHz site falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

AJ

It happens for me once a month on average I would say. It can be any one of 2-3 different tones I hear. One is a noise that is similar to what I hear in absolute silence but is slowly amplified (hard to explain) then suddenly goes away. Another is a distinct frequency that is lower than that. It comes and goes quickly (maybe lasts 10-15 seconds).

It is quite random when they occur, I have gone months and months without hearing them then sometimes I hear them a couple times in the same week.

It happens so rarely and sporadically though that it doesn't bother me much. Should I be concerned?

Just stay away from loud music, or wear ear plugs. :)