Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

We have a live one! 86th and Westfield Blvd. The site at North Central High School.

Going to grab pics in a bit.

edu5agen.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Good, inside the 465 loop on the north side is bare

azuzyjyj.jpg

yjemamav.jpg

je3asagu.jpg

3edajuqy.jpg

I also took some pictures with my Black Friday sale point and shoot. Hopefully the 5x optical zoom yields slightly better pics. If they are decent I will post them later.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was in the neighborhood of the new tower near North Central and did a quick loop down westfield blvd from carmel down to 75th and back up college to 86th W to meridian N. my strongest reception was on westfield blvd just south of 86th -74dmb

Edited by IndyAndy
  • Like 1

Not to be that off topic bc I enjoyed ur nv tower pics... How much and what brand is ur camera?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Fuji JX520 for it for $60 including case and 8GB memory card.

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

Got some time to do some scouting today (finally) around Bloomington. I've attached some pictures of the tower. Can someone more knowledgeable than myself tell me which one of these are sprint's nodes? I've got pictures of the base in here too, as well as a screencap of the tower's location - I scouted the southern-most tower with a "2" on it. I think these are pre-NV pictures, as I didn't pick up any 4G when i was doing my scouting.

ayu1Q.jpg

Cp3f3.jpg

lmypd.jpg

wVkTS.jpg

V20eS.jpg

AJsoH.jpg

Got some time to do some scouting today (finally) around Bloomington. I've attached some pictures of the tower. Can someone more knowledgeable than myself tell me which one of these are sprint's nodes? I've got pictures of the base in here too, as well as a screencap of the tower's location. I think these are pre-NV pictures, as I didn't pick up any 4G when i was doing my scouting.

wVkTS.jpg

Looks like you found some NV equipment there! Notice the rather large, rounded panel, with the RRUs mounted behind/beside it. Sure looks like Sprint NV equipment to me! Probably not finished up, but I would expect you will see improvements to the network soon, and LTE shortly after that.

• Like 4

Looks like you found some NV equipment there! Notice the rather large, rounded panel, with the RRUs mounted behind/beside it. Sure looks like Sprint NV equipment to me! Probably not finished up, but I would expect you will see improvements to the network soon, and LTE shortly after that.

Great to hear! Thanks for helping me out! I've seen plenty of other pics on here where people say that there's an NV tower, but I never knew what I was looking for, so I couldn't tell for myself. The network in my location (I'm on this tower most of the time) has gotten a LOT better recently. Generally more stable data and better speeds. Thanks again!

a big thanks from me too, I have 2 towers around me yet to go live with LTE and I needed a visual reference on what to look for on the tower to get an idea of progress.

a big thanks from me too, I have 2 towers around me yet to go live with LTE and I needed a visual reference on what to look for on the tower to get an idea of progress.

I can't even count the number of times I've seen NV equipment pics on here, but all of those nodes looked the same to me - NV, pre-NV, ATT, VZW, so I couldn't tell what I had and what I didn't have. Good luck on LTE!

Got some time to do some scouting today (finally) around Bloomington. I've attached some pictures of the tower. Can someone more knowledgeable than myself tell me which one of these are sprint's nodes? I've got pictures of the base in here too, as well as a screencap of the tower's location - I scouted the southern-most tower with a "2" on it. I think these are pre-NV pictures, as I didn't pick up any 4G when i was doing my scouting.

Which site is it? You can post either the nearest cross streets in this forum, or PM me the Site ID. That way I can mark the site as "In Progress" on the Sponsor maps. Thanks.

Robert

I was mapping the tower at 106th and College by driving down Pennsylvania Pwky and then down and west on 96th street. when I got to meridian the readings just lit up. I was getting -70dmb. A new tower may have just been lit up. it seems to be strongest there at 96th and up meridian west on 103rd. I'm not sure exactly where it is coming from. The office building there may have panels on it, but I couldn't tell for sure.

Also yesterday on my way back from the anderson area I mapped some more of the tower around strawtown road and IN 37. my guess is it may be the one just east of 213 and north of 37.

Edited by IndyAndy
  • Like 4

Went down to my closest Tower which happens to be in Wilkinson. Took a couple pictures of IN03UB104. Sorry for the bad quality, forgot to bring my real camera and had to use my Phone from a distance. Looks like this has NV but it is not serving LTE yet. The towers north of this have LTE and the ones south have LTE. This one possibly "In Progress?"

2012-12-08%2014.28.09.jpg

2012-12-08%2014.27.59.jpg

New live site in Hamilton County. 171st and Willowview Rd. If I get the time today I will swing by for an extended look. I was driving by and got the speed test below at 176th and Willowview.

huge4a2u.jpg

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

New site at 38th and Moller rd. Saw them with a crane putting a new rack on tower. It is the main tower I use at work so that will be nice. The previous rack had just 3 slots total for the panels. So obviously it needed a new rack.

• Like 1

New site at 38th and Moller rd. Saw them with a crane putting a new rack on tower. It is the main tower I use at work so that will be nice. The previous rack had just 3 slots total for the panels. So obviously it needed a new rack.
Here is a pic from google maps of the old rack and heres the new with them working on it..Also, the area looks WAY different as they have tore everything down and building an immediate care center right there. py3aqazy.jpgy9asunas.jpgapuhy4ap.jpg
  • Like 3

Here is a pic from google maps of the old rack and heres the new with them working on it..Also, the area looks WAY different as they have tore everything down and building an immediate care center right there. py3aqazy.jpgy9asunas.jpgapuhy4ap.jpg

Great Idea using google maps streetview to get a glimpse of the old setup. Genius!