Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Ladies and gentleman. I am pleased to announce......

DANVILLE HAS SPRINT LTE. Strong LTE.

I got outbof best buy and installed sensorly. Drove straight home.

Should see my mapping sometime soon I hope.

I also scored an S3 for a PENNY on a pricematch with Amazon. Also met a cute girl there too.

Bedtime and will chat tonight after I get to work. This morning has been an ultra win for me.

i did the same thing the week before when bestbuy had the 50.00 deal on all carriers. i left verizon to go to sprint for unlimited and had to wait about 3 hours but had them match amazon for a 1 cent on all 5 of my galaxy s3's on my plan. it was alot easier than i thought. walked out with 5 s3's and only paid a nickel. now i just need lte in greenfield

i did the same thing the week before when bestbuy had the 50.00 deal on all carriers. i left verizon to go to sprint for unlimited and had to wait about 3 hours but had them match amazon for a 1 cent on all 5 of my galaxy s3's on my plan. it was alot easier than i thought. walked out with 5 s3's and only paid a nickel. now i just need lte in greenfield

Yeah I went over to Dayton last night, and didn't have LTE at all, once I got a bit into Hancock County.

But otherwise, I'm satisfied so far!

Yeah I went over to Dayton last night, and didn't have LTE at all, once I got a bit into Hancock County.

But otherwise, I'm satisfied so far!

i get great lte along 70. i have to toggle the moble data in the notification bar sometimes to get the lte to kick back in but it will go out past knightstown exit at 109 i know for sure. there are towers just west from greenfield along 70 and just east of greenfield along 70 that are putting out. i can also get it all the way out 40 till i get almost to the west edge of town. pretty much what sensorly shows. 40 and mount comfort of was getting over 30mb down along with i70 about 2 miles east of greenfield around the rest stop

crazy thing is i live only about 2 miles south west of the one to the east of greenfield and barely get a signal when i check the debug and its not enough to get the phone to pick it up and connect. i just assume these are directed along the interstate and dont put out to the south because i can hold on to that tower for 10 miles to the east but not at my house.

went to the one here in the center of town that shows in progress but there are 3 towers there within 100 ft. and there are no signs. gonna snoop around tomarrow and get better pictures with my camera and post them if they get the commercial area there in plowed so i can drive back there.

Sprint coverage maps shows 4g lte on there website in area code 46259 indianapolis but this is not the case. What up with that.

There maps are over stating coverage in most cases. Check out sensorly for more real life coverage.

Sprint coverage maps shows 4g lte on there website in area code 46259 indianapolis but this is not the case. What up with that.

ive got the same thing in greenfield. im miles inside solid coverage but as soon as i jump off of 70 i loose lte after about 100 feet. they are saying they have coverage on towers that are just scheduled to be done. mine is in progress here in greenfield.

once you sponsor and donate atleast 5 dollars you get access to the sponsor forums where there are updated site maps with progress. lots of info for finding out where your area might be at. you can find the tower and take a look and see where there progess is at.

• Like 1

I drove from Cincinnati to Franklin Indiana today for work and signal has improved a ton on I-74 right before Shelbyville. Before there was about a 10 mile dead zone for me and now its almost full strength 3G. Also, right at the exit for Shelbyville there is a cell tower. I saw what looked like Sprint antennas laying on the ground so it looks like they will be getting LTE there here soon.

I have marked the tower on this Google Maps

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ll=39.524984,-85.736194&spn=0.00092,0.002236&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004d26b23b9d75b93cf0&msa=0&msid=215114600708536080953.0004d26b2114ba869e759

I drove from Cincinnati to Franklin Indiana today for work and signal has improved a ton on I-74 right before Shelbyville. Before there was about a 10 mile dead zone for me and now its almost full strength 3G. Also' date=' right at the exit for Shelbyville there is a cell tower. I saw what looked like Sprint antennas laying on the ground so it looks like they will be getting LTE there here soon.

I have marked the tower on this Google Maps

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ll=39.524984,-85.736194&spn=0.00092,0.002236&t=h&z=20&vpsrc=6&iwloc=0004d26b23b9d75b93cf0&msa=0&msid=215114600708536080953.0004d26b2114ba869e759

Unless its going to be a brand new site, it isn't one currently. If your back in the area and can, grab some pics of what you see!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

I will try today. I usually drive by when its dark so my phone would take a really bad picture. I also wouldnt be surprised if it was a brand new one, like I said, I usually had really horrible service (either no bars or 1 bar) in that area. I have seem some pictures of other Sprint antennas and they look exactly the same. Not sure how similar Sprint's are to other carriers though.

I drove by the site today, they had lifted 1 side of the antenna up already. If they are any still on the ground when I leave today I will try and snag a picture.

Awesome!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

This is a shot of the backside of the antenna and radios being used in Indy. This one is on a rooftop in Carmel. For a time you will see the old and the new antennas on the tower.

20121130_093502.jpg

I don't see anything

I don't see anything

Maybe I can't post links to content yet. I hate being a newb on a forum all over again. I'll try again and see what happens, maybe it was an issue with linking back to an image stores on xda's server.

Since on on my other computer this time, I added a picture of antenna that has it's RRUs mounted to the monopole

20121130_093502.jpg

Antenna.jpg

• Like 2

Here's a high capacity sector near the airport(Minnesota and Lyndhurst). There's an extra antenna and an additional PCS RRU. This appears to be the north facing sector.

hi-cap%2520Antenna.jpg

Edited by jeremyandrew
  • Like 4

just started getting lte in greenfield today. its in and out today obviously and its a good signal but weak speeds. with all the crazy coverage north of 70 in the open countryside i would think the populated area would get atleast as good of coverage. given any buildings in the way.

this is tower that is in the center of greenfield that is in progress on the map

just started getting lte in greenfield today. its in and out today obviously and its a good signal but weak speeds. with all the crazy coverage north of 70 in the open countryside i would think the populated area would get atleast as good of coverage. given any buildings in the way.

this is tower that is in the center of greenfield that is in progress on the map

How do you know its a good signal? You can use Sensorly app and go into details and when connected to LTE it will show you your LTE dbm

I was running sensorly and using network signal info widged which is nice too for running all the time. I put up a few marks on sensorly while running a couple places last night

Network signal info widget doesn't give the correct signal strength for LTE

guheqe6e.jpgave3y6yj.jpg

The LTE engineering screen gives the correct information for LTE signal strength.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2