Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Awesome!

Looking forward to testing it out this weekend. :)

super! LTE service has gone quiet since this afternoon. Yesterday, I picked up a connection in the Downtown and areas close in extending out to Purdue University. This afternoon I mapped signals extending further East in the Central area of the city (ie. Home Hospital, Market Square, and Sagamore Parkway area). it seems LTE is off to bed for the night. I'm hoping service returns tomorrow.

Hey looks like the west side is getting more love now....last night on my way home from work I held connection on country club up to my house....it used to stop at country club and 10th.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I have noticed I have been picking up LTE at my house and I live in eaglecreek area near countryclub where it goes over 74

• Like 1

Yeah I have noticed I have been picking up LTE at my house and I live in eaglecreek area near countryclub where it goes over 74

Def good stuff going on! I've left my WiFi off all day just to enjoy the 4g symbol. Lol

Def good stuff going on! I've left my WiFi off all day just to enjoy the 4g symbol. Lol

I just mapped some more from 21st and countryclub to 34th. Its the tower at 21st and countryclub according the sensorly signal strength. Good news for westsiders

• Like 1

Yea same here. I wasn't seeing anything new in Indy. I saw LTE was inching closer to Bloomington out of Indy for a few days and then it seemed to stop.

As a resident of Bloomington, this is aggravating. Every time I come home from college, I start to pick up the LTE in martinsville on the way up to Indy and don't ever lose it. But why not Bloomington!? #firstworldproblems.

As a resident of Bloomington, this is aggravating. Every time I come home from college, I start to pick up the LTE in martinsville on the way up to Indy and don't ever lose it. But why not Bloomington!? #firstworldproblems.

Very soon my friend, very soon. You've waited this long whats a couple more months?

Very soon my friend, very soon. You've waited this long whats a couple more months?

Haha I know, I know. It's exciting to be in one of the earlier markets, but makes a good amount of sense, given the shafting that Indy got with the WiMax development. Robert has, in the past, given me an estimate of middle of next month for some Bloomington towers, so I won't have much longer to wait! How do you like the GS3 by the way? With LTE on the way so soon, the Evo's handoff issues are actually relevant to me, so I'm seriously thinking about picking up the GS3 at Sam's Club for Black Friday - it's only $0.96.

There were a lot of people I spoke to here who said "I bet Bloomington is gonna see LTE service before Purdue". I even expected Bloomington to get some LTE love faster.

There were a lot of people I spoke to here who said "I bet Bloomington is gonna see LTE service before Purdue". I even expected Bloomington to get some LTE love faster.

I actually would've been really surprised to see Bloomington get it before Lafayette. Combined, W-Laf and Laf have a higher population and is generally regarded as better off, economically. Therefore, I'd guess the sub count is higher. Oh well, I haven't got much longer to wait and the rollout diff will be at most a few months. Not a huge life problem. I'm just thrilled for those of you who get to use LTE daily!

As a person coming from multiple Windows mobile phones(ppc6700, Mogul, Touch pro, Touch pro2), Evo first android, then GS2, and now GS3. I will say that the GS3 is BY FAR the best device. I love it.

I actually would've been really surprised to see Bloomington get it before Lafayette. Combined, W-Laf and Laf have a higher population and is generally regarded as better off, economically. Therefore, I'd guess the sub count is higher. Oh well, I haven't got much longer to wait and the rollout diff will be at most a few months. Not a huge life problem. I'm just thrilled for those of you who get to use LTE daily!

that's really interesting. makes sense. thankfully, your not too far off :)

I thought this was interesting. Could the Netmoniter just be mistaken? See below..

This means you are roaming on 1x voice but connected to eHRPD for 3G data. You should check your 1x and EVDO channel/band class assignment in the Debug menu the next time it happens. That is where you can confirm your connections.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Had some LTE in Lafayette as expected. Seen a peak of around 17 meg down, averaging probably 7 or 8. Looks like there's only one tower broadcasting (IN33XC039) though, so i'd say it held up pretty well.

I have a screen shot from earlier today along the lines of the speed you mentioned around the Market Sq. area

http://s859.beta.photobucket.com/user/conqi15/media/Screenshot_2012-11-10-16-38-57.png.html?sort=3&o=2

this speed test is from the Purdue Campus this evening:

http://s859.beta.photobucket.com/user/conqi15/media/Screenshot_2012-11-12-20-19-15.png.html?sort=3&o=1

I have a screen shot from earlier today along the lines of the speed you mentioned around the Market Sq. area

http://s859.beta.pho...html?sort=3&o=2

this speed test is from the Purdue Campus this evening:

http://s859.beta.pho...html?sort=3&o=1

Yep, that's about what I was seeing.

screenshot2012111310121.png

Looking at that lone site in Lebanon on sensorly, it looks like whoever mapped that one held onto LTE for about 7 miles down 65, which is pretty encouraging for us rural folk. :) Granted, at 7 miles, it's probably next to useless, but it gives me hope that me being 5 miles out I might be able to grab LTE at my house whenever it comes.

• Like 1

Hi Robert,

I have been watching a site for a while and nothing has changed on it, there are no new panels, ruu nothing.

Are the indianapolis sites confirmed by a user or by Sprint?

Thank You.

@omega

The list of completed sites is only available to sponsors, please do not share the information outside of the sponsor forums.

Sites that appear on the completed sites list are confirmed by Sprint.

Hi Robert,

On the completed list of sites for Indianapolis this site **********, shows that it was 4G completed.

I have been watching this site for a while and nothing has changed on it, there are no new panels, ruu nothing.

Was this confirmed by a user or by Sprint?

Thank You.

The completed sites list is only available to Sponsors, please do not share this information outside of the Sponsor forums.

All sites listed on the completed sites map are accepted by Sprint.