Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Looks like Network Vision is underway at 8th and Mulberry in Noblesville. I was on my way to work and happened to glance over. It looks like we have a new base cabinet, a whole bunch of boxes and there is 1 guy working at the moment. I will swing by tomorrow morning to confirm and make sure that it is Sprint work, but I'm 99.9%sure that's what's going on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by newboyx
  • Like 1

Ok, I went back by the site tonight after work. There are currently 2 new base cabinets. They are still wrapped in protective plastic. There are 3 large wooden crates with a little tiny Samsung logo on one of the stickers on the outside of the crate. It appears that the worker there this morning was marking the ground to show what was buried. The area by the front gate is taped off to prevent people from parking in front of the gate. Everything is still boxed up in the crates.

So begins my day by day, play by play chronicle of a NV upgrade.

• Like 2

I did some mapping this week at some newer areas at 64th between grandview and hoover. signal around -67 to -72

At the tower at 60th and Michigan, I got similar readings -65 to -70.

I also noticed similar readings at keystone and 465 and surrounding office parks, yesterday -68 to -74.

The only noticeable change that happened at the site yesterday was the appearance of this new bundle of wire.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That's an inline splice box for fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Like 1

LTE outage? Have had trouble connecting to at least 5 different sites with no luck.

I had trouble last night also....I was able to connect by 10th and country club but got nothing from 65 and county line up 465 going up towards Lebanon but the same track seems good now...didnt it go out like a week or 2 ago also?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

No outwardly visible changes to the site yesterday.

That's an inline splice box for fiber.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thanks for the info! I am looking forward to watching the transformation on a day by day basis. I am sure there will be moments that I don't know what's going on. Your knowledge and insight are greatly appreciated, and a great addition to the forums.

I am planning on doing a day by day update on this site. It is literally right next door. One of the the frequently asked questions on this forum is how long does a site take to upgrade. I know that this is just one site and doesn't represent the pace and methods used for every site, but at least there will be an example.

Should I break this off into it's own thread? Is anyone interested in following the progress?

• Like 1

No outwardly visible changes to the site yesterday.

Thanks for the info! I am looking forward to watching the transformation on a day by day basis. I am sure there will be moments that I don't know what's going on. Your knowledge and insight are greatly appreciated, and a great addition to the forums.

I am planning on doing a day by day update on this site. It is literally right next door. One of the the frequently asked questions on this forum is how long does a site take to upgrade. I know that this is just one site and doesn't represent the pace and methods used for every site, but at least there will be an example.

Should I break this off into it's own thread? Is anyone interested in following the progress?

I would follow it.

• Like 1

Saw this today in Bloomington. Speeds weren't too great (2 mbps) but as you can see, the signal is really weak. Guess that back haul finally was installed!

http://www.imgur.com/eEoVhl1.png

And here's a speed test. This was one of my better ones.

http://www.imgur.com/H8PMPVs.png

Edited by OMGitzLTE
  • Like 3

The tower closest to my house lit up over the weekend! It's just northwest of the intersection of Southport & Bluff on the south side. It's had the new panels and RRUs since October, but hadn't been broadcasting LTE until Saturday morning. I'm guessing it must have been a backhaul issue.

Also noticed some 4G at the Greenwood Park Mall. I don't remember seeing it there before, but I don't go there that often.

• Like 1

Saw this today in Bloomington. Speeds weren't too great (2 mbps) but as you can see, the signal is really weak. Guess that back haul finally was installed!

http://www.imgur.com/eEoVhl1.png

And here's a speed test. This was one of my better ones.

http://www.imgur.com/H8PMPVs.png

did you map it on sensorly already ?

did you map it on sensorly already ?

I did what I could for finding the signal at 10 at night. I'm gonna let sensorly run in the background constantly for the next few days while I'm out and about around town.

• Like 1

The tower closest to my house lit up over the weekend! It's just northwest of the intersection of Southport & Bluff on the south side. It's had the new panels and RRUs since October, but hadn't been broadcasting LTE until Saturday morning. I'm guessing it must have been a backhaul issue.

Also noticed some 4G at the Greenwood Park Mall. I don't remember seeing it there before, but I don't go there that often.

Ya there is a tower I posted about over by my work that has had panels and RRUs since beginning of December with not a peep. There is construction going on around the whole area so maybe they cannot get backhaul in right now?

No work on Sunday or Monday.

I checked Tuesday at 11:45AM, no work. Swung back by at 11:45PM. Someone had been there. Only thing that I could see that was different was that the base station cabinets have been unwrapped, and placed in what I an guessing is their final location. They look to be lined up nicely.

Here are a few pics

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0052.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0049.jpg

DSCF0055.jpg

Here a a few shots of the legacy equipment

DSCF0053.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

I am off work today. Hopefully I can actually catch some work in progress. And hopefully get a crew that likes to chat...

• Like 3

No work on Sunday or Monday.

I checked Tuesday at 11:45AM' date=' no work. Swung back by at 11:45PM. Someone had been there. Only thing that I could see that was different was that the base station cabinets have been unwrapped, and placed in what I an guessing is their final location. They look to be lined up nicely.

Here are a few pics

Here a a few shots of the legacy equipment

I am off work today. Hopefully I can actually catch some work in progress. And hopefully get a crew that likes to chat...[/quote']

Great shots. These will be helpful in using to show people what the Samsung MBS/RBS base station equipment look like for trying to identify Sammy Ground Mount sites. :tu:

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 1