Network Vision/LTE - Indianapolis Market

omega

Sprint's LTE map of Indianapolis is...well..lets just say very optimistic

It seems they overestimate the coverage for each tower, and include towers that are not quite finished yet for some reason. They did that in some places in Kansas yet, showed coverage on the maps for towers that weren't broadcasting LTE yet. Just means they think that all - most - of Indy will have coverage ... sometime in the next few weeks. Lol

Bloomington is part of the market, however they haven't announced that the entire Indy market has launched, just the city of Indianapolis. I think they're going for the city by city announcements rather than entire markets as it gives them more PR fodder.

Remember they launched Muncie & Anderson a few weeks ago, and those are part of the Indy market also.

• Like 2

Some pics. Kind of irritated that I didn't have my real camera with me.

amavede2.jpg

They have 1 panel with RRUs and one panel without the RRUs.

Still waiting on the third to be installed.

ate9a5u3.jpg

e9ybepab.jpg

Pretty crazy how big some of these parts are. I think these are the RRU for the second panel they have up

aduhygy9.jpg

The cabinets still have the stickers on them

eve8ajum.jpg

ajy8e6er.jpg

3udymu9y.jpg

emu6enu2.jpg

anera2ar.jpg

6ysazema.jpg

Sent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

• Like 5

Looks like they did a hot swap.. don't see many of those.

Here are pictures of the same site from when LTE first popped up in Indy. This is where Sensorly first popped up in Indy. I went to this site to investigate. Turns up that it was a signal from another tower.

http://s4gru.com/ind...dpost__p__49381

LTE goodness at 116th and Olio Rd. Not the strongest signal. 2ypupeda.jpgSent from a phone using an application. That's pretty cool.

Have you noticed how long it takes from start to broadcasting LTE signal? They started this one over by my work. They were wiring everything up at top then they haven't been on it for a couple days. They started a little over a week ago if I remember correctly.

Have you noticed how long it takes from start to broadcasting LTE signal? They started this one over by my work. They were wiring everything up at top then they haven't been on it for a couple days. They started a little over a week ago if I remember correctly.

I'm not sure. I am waiting for them to get started on the site by my house so I can do a daily list of what is accomplished.

Has there been any updates into Hendricks County? Specifically, Danville, Clayton, West side of Painfield? Anyone been out here with an LTE phone that can say if they have LTE out here yet? I see the Sensorly coverage for Avon.

I am even willing to pay some fuel money for someone to bring an LTE phone out to Danville/my house, Clayton, and West Plainfield. I don't know anyone with a Sprint LTE device yet.

I'm looking to make the switch to Sprint.

Edited by baker954

Has there been any updates into Hendricks County? Specifically, Danville, Clayton, West side of Painfield? Anyone been out here with an LTE phone that can say if they have LTE out here yet? I see the Sensorly coverage for Avon.

I am even willing to pay some fuel money for someone to bring an LTE phone out to Danville/my house, Clayton, and West Plainfield. I don't know anyone with a Sprint LTE device yet.

I'm looking to make the switch to Sprint.

I might be making a trip to Avon over Christmas. If I do I will definitely check for LTE. Honestly, I check for LTE everywhere I go. I should seek counseling.

• Like 1

Okay. Drop me a PM and maybe we can get together for some fuel money and a cup of coffee/cappuccino/whatever you want.

I like Sensorly, but don't trust the accuracy at this point. I have Verizon LTE in all these places, but they don't show on the Sensorly map at ALL, and it's been around for a year.

I know someone has to be running the app, etc.

Edited by baker954

Verizon and AT&T customers are stingy with their data and not willing to share it with Sensorly crowd sourcing. Sprint customers freely use Sensorly and RootMetrics because we have no data caps.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

Verizon and AT&T customers are stingy with their data and not willing to share it with Sensorly crowd sourcing. Sprint customers freely use Sensorly and RootMetrics because we have no data caps.

Robert via Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ZING!!!! lol

I sold my Verizon unlimited line with my nexus as a package deal, and then snatched a 4S and activated it on Page Plus for now.

I keep doing research on this LTE for Sprint, and the cost/benefits are better. Man, I got tired of paying Verizon 110 per month for a SINGLE LINE

ZING!!!! lol

I sold my Verizon unlimited line with my nexus as a package deal, and then snatched a 4S and activated it on Page Plus for now.

I keep doing research on this LTE for Sprint, and the cost/benefits are better. Man, I got tired of paying Verizon 110 per month for a SINGLE LINE

There is a site on US39 South between US40 and I-70 that is currently in progress. Not sure if it is broadcasting a signal yet. As far as Avon and Danville. I keep checking all the time the closest site for Avon is at Countryclub Rd. and nothing in Danville yet

Okay. Awesome.

I'm going ahead and getting Sprint service with an S3 today after I get off work at 6am. Best Buy is selling the Galaxy S 3 for $50.

I will immediately install Sensorly, and let 'er rip, will post back!

• Like 2

Okay. Awesome.

I'm going ahead and getting Sprint service with an S3 today after I get off work at 6am. Best Buy is selling the Galaxy S 3 for $50.

I will immediately install Sensorly, and let 'er rip, will post back!

Sounds like an awesome plan! Great combination sprint and a S3! Won't be disappointed! (especially with 4g)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Ladies and gentleman. I am pleased to announce......

DANVILLE HAS SPRINT LTE. Strong LTE.

I got outbof best buy and installed sensorly. Drove straight home.

Should see my mapping sometime soon I hope.

I also scored an S3 for a PENNY on a pricematch with Amazon. Also met a cute girl there too.

Bedtime and will chat tonight after I get to work. This morning has been an ultra win for me.

• Like 1

Ladies and gentleman. I am pleased to announce......

DANVILLE HAS SPRINT LTE. Strong LTE.

I got outbof best buy and installed sensorly. Drove straight home.

Should see my mapping sometime soon I hope.

I also scored an S3 for a PENNY on a pricematch with Amazon. Also met a cute girl there too.

Bedtime and will chat tonight after I get to work. This morning has been an ultra win for me.

Awesome, congrats on the new phone!

Can anyone check out Brownsburg, IN. My sister lives their and she is just waiting I live in Fort Wayne, IN and will not be down for awhile.

Thanks,

It's spotty I'm attaching a screen shot of that area using sensorly 4g map.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

uploadfromtaptalk1356430940346.jpg

• Like 1