Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

It's alive!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Lol I wondered how long it would be before someone said that!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

So the tower on Six Forks is marked complete, but I'm not longer getting 4g at all over there.

is anyone else?

Do they do something silly like turn it off as they "complete" the towers so they can have a "Raleigh go live" date and turn on like 15 towers?

I checked a couple of days ago and I did not pick up LTE there or down on ten ten road. On a good note I am getting better speeds in some places. I can hit 1 mgb/s in downtown Raleigh during the day.

I checked a couple of days ago and I did not pick up LTE there or down on ten ten road. On a good note I am getting better speeds in some places. I can hit 1 mgb/s in downtown Raleigh during the day.

I have had exact opposite experience of you. Every time I go by Ten Ten & 401 I get the 4G signal. Got it this morning, on the way to work, even (Speedtest reported 24mbit).

Howerver, I don't get good 3G anywhere. I get really really slow 3G everywhere, alot of time speedtest just stops working cause it can't connect.

Edited by woodsdog

I have had exact opposite experience of you. Every time I go by Ten Ten & 401 I get the 4G signal. Got it this morning, on the way to work, even (Speedtest reported 24mbit).

Howerver, I don't get good 3G anywhere. I get really really slow 3G everywhere, alot of time speedtest just stops working cause it can't connect.

I'll check ten ten again. Wonder if its my phone. Some spots in Raleigh are still bad like south east raleigh. But downtown and the NC states area have seen a marked improvement.

I'll check ten ten again. Wonder if its my phone. Some spots in Raleigh are still bad like south east raleigh. But downtown and the NC states area have seen a marked improvement.

I had to toggle airplane mode on and off when I caught it at tenten awhile ago FWIW...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

new here guys... just catching up on all the info and reading the threads.

So am I right in seeing that only a few towers in Raleigh/Durham area are complete yet? Is it looking like it's going to be closer to summer before we see LTE widespread in the area?

new here guys... just catching up on all the info and reading the threads.

So am I right in seeing that only a few towers in Raleigh/Durham area are complete yet? Is it looking like it's going to be closer to summer before we see LTE widespread in the area?

There are just a few towers completed right now. Production should ramp up this month, and coverage should start spreading more rapidly. Coverage will likely be more widespread in a few months, a bit before summer. (At least that is the hope).

There are just a few towers completed right now. Production should ramp up this month, and coverage should start spreading more rapidly. Coverage will likely be more widespread in a few months, a bit before summer. (At least that is the hope).

I finally get to see LTE this weekend, going to Atlanta so hopefully I won't be disappointed. I hope T-Mobile don't launch their LTE before Sprint does in Raleigh/Durham. I hope Sprint gets it together soon, because I didn't know how weak the coverage is compared to the other carriers. I hope they enhance everything across the USA Map. Their are so many gaps in the coverage map.

well i dont see edit but there was some 4g that popped up on old apex near high house. Got that mapped. So ... fill in the blanks on the map. Think this sunday the area will light up like a christmas tree?

Only if they suddenly speed up. They put up Some LTE in the six forks area in December and then down by ten ten and 401 near the end of December and nothing since until you found those two spots.I also noticed that we are back to evdo in a lot of spots as of late.

Only if they suddenly speed up. They put up Some LTE in the six forks area in December and then down by ten ten and 401 near the end of December and nothing since until you found those two spots.I also noticed that we are back to evdo in a lot of spots as of late.

I'm aware of the 540 and Ten-Ten spots and have been for months. However, about a month before that, I saw ehrpd in the Cary area. About a week or so before the 540 site went live, I went back to Evdo everywhere. Now this morning, I was only able to map the 6 points on old apex rd. However, I see some more points on kildaire and some on the southeast side of Cary that I did not map. The distance of these "blips" to me indicates 3 new LTE towers. Unless they're glitches or something. So 1.5x the towers, to me at least, is speeding up. What can I say, I'm hopeful.

Early this morning, I got to see a glimpse of 4G. It was around 1:00 AM, and I was on my home. It was between SW Maynard and West Chatham and High House. I couldn't believe my eyes seeing it for the first time. It went back to 3G (5-8 second pause of no data) after a few moments, turned around to catch it again (Even toggled my data and airplane mode), but couldn't get 4G again to test it out.

I have been getting 4G off old apex road in between Maynard and West chatam. I stay connected every time I go to my girls apartment. Speed tested around 25 mbps. I also connected to 4G at Los Tres at kildair and Maynard, but only for a few seconds then it went away.

• Like 1

So do I need to download sensorly or something? I live in SE Durham and work in N Raleigh.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It's kind of cool to see where the coverage is.

And if you find new 4g to map it out. But it doesn't "help" getting better coverage. :-)