Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

• 2 weeks later...

I've yet to see it in Raleigh ever here personally.... Though could just be the area I frequent.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I have found it in the NC state area, down town, near the PNC Center, Garner and Clayton as recently as yesterday. Looks like its back to EVDO today.

I have found it in the NC state area, down town, near the PNC Center, Garner and Clayton as recently as yesterday. Looks like its back to EVDO today.

Welp checked again on the way to work leaving from SW Raleigh where I live and indeed showed eHRPD.... Plesant surprise even if not mean much...

its already been said that the Raleigh market (I refuse to call it research triangle), will not be deployed until after the new year. You can poop in 1 hand and wish for Sprint LTE in the other.... and in the end they will both stink.... nah jk.

You can poop in 1 hand and wish for Sprint LTE in the other...

Or I can poop in one hand, then fling it at you. Watch your head.

:P

AJ

• Like 1

I always knew you were a monkey, AJ! ;)

Hey, you have heard of the Infinite monkey theorem, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinite_monkey_theorem

So, yep, I happen to be a monkey who has just randomly typed articles on spectrum issues, RSRP, EV-DO carrier hashing, etc.

:)

AJ

• Like 2

its already been said that the Raleigh market (I refuse to call it research triangle), will not be deployed until after the new year. You can poop in 1 hand and wish for Sprint LTE in the other.... and in the end they will both stink.... nah jk.

not be "deployed" until after the new year?.....This is only true if your definition of "Deployed" is equal to Sprint Announcing the market as live. B/c we all know they will be doing work "deploying" the market well before end of year...

you guys all realize that ehrpd means absolutely jack squat, right?

LTE won't happen without ehrpd. So its a small but significant step. Hey, I'll take what I can get nowadays!

B/c we all know they will be doing work "deploying" the market well before end of year...

I'm not sure we "all know" this. I really hope it's true, but this doesn't seem to be common knowledge anywhere outside of a few members on this site :P

Here's hoping!

Edited by woodsdog

I'm not sure we "all know" this. I really hope it's true, but this doesn't seem to be common knowledge anywhere outside of a few members on this site :P

Here's hoping!

Pretty sure the NV list blatently says it is... Yes its not going to be specific to the day there and they could be some delays but the market isn't going to slip 5mo as a whole likely....

That doesn't make sense to me either. Seems they would "test" 4g maybe but once it's goi g through the lte backend, even if lte isn't on they'd leave that so they could flip a software switch at once to go live with lte.

Weird.

How do I check to see if I got ehrpd on my phone??? Can someone help me out?

If android,

Settings

About device

Status

Or the speedtest app shows you.

My speed went up a lot. Still meh. But on evdo for the last few weeks it failed the ping and upload and was <50k

:(

Screenshot_2012-11-04-19-13-55.png