Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

I'm hoping. If not I'm going to go poop on someone at Sprint. :)

:td:

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

They would probably blame it on their cheating in fantasy football against me this year.

Bastards.

such as?

According to the store at brier creek, they are claiming LTE towers are already starting to come live in the area. They said it was on their sprint intranet. My buddies that work for Sprint could not find anything indicating that. They couldn't even find anything mentioning as much as we could see that several towers have moved to ehrpd etc.

And when one of them asked around, the reply he got was January at the earliest for first towers having LTE turned on.

I'm hoping that is NOT the case.

I wouldn't trust anything the sprint people tell you in store. I went there once (store at crossroads) asking about speeds when mine was 2kb/s and the reply I got was "the galaxy nexus isn't as good of a phone as the nexus s, you should trade in the phone."

According to the store at brier creek' date=' they are claiming LTE towers are already starting to come live in the area. They said it was on their sprint intranet. My buddies that work for Sprint could not find anything indicating that. They couldn't even find anything mentioning as much as we could see that several towers have moved to ehrpd etc.

And when one of them asked around, the reply he got was January at the earliest for first towers having LTE turned on.

I'm hoping that is NOT the case.[/quote']

And Verizon stores lied about when LTE was coming to my area for months too. Many commission based sales people lie. They need to make a sale. Car sales people lie...why? Commission. Phone sales would be no different.

According to the store at brier creek, they are claiming LTE towers are already starting to come live in the area. They said it was on their sprint intranet. My buddies that work for Sprint could not find anything indicating that. They couldn't even find anything mentioning as much as we could see that several towers have moved to ehrpd etc.

I'm hoping that is NOT the case.

Thats funny, because sitting in the brier creek area with full bars, I cannot even load Google.com. It literally times out. It has to have the lowest capacity tower in the Triangle area or something, it is ridiculous.

Thats funny, because sitting in the brier creek area with full bars, I cannot even load Google.com. It literally times out. It has to have the lowest capacity tower in the Triangle area or something, it is ridiculous.

I've noticed this too.

Never understood it, same tower on the walmart side, (sprint store, walmart, coldstone, etc) I can't do crap until I find wifi.

Go over to Dick's, Jason's, target etc and it works fine. even though the signal is 1-3db weaker on the Target side. i was hoping once they switched to the NV/ehrpd backend it would improve in places like that and at my office. (Davis Dr and 54) but it's actually WORSE here at the office now that it's on ehrpd.

I've lost 6db since two weeks ago at the office with the move to ehrpd, (i worked from home last week)

Sadly, even though I have a REALLY good deal with sprint, If something doesn't change soon, I'm going to have to change as it's unusable in so many places around here.

Edit: Went to do a speed test to get a bad screen shot, and i'm now on 1xRTT:6 with a -87dBm signal.

Argh. Oh well. off to jimmie john's so at lest something will be freaky fast today. :)

I've noticed this too.

Never understood it' date=' same tower on the walmart side, (sprint store, walmart, coldstone, etc) I can't do crap until I find wifi.

Go over to Dick's, Jason's, target etc and it works fine. even though the signal is 1-3db weaker on the Target side. i was hoping once they switched to the NV/ehrpd backend it would improve in places like that and at my office. (Davis Dr and 54) but it's actually WORSE here at the office now that it's on ehrpd.

I've lost 6db since two weeks ago at the office with the move to ehrpd, (i worked from home last week)

Sadly, even though I have a REALLY good deal with sprint, If something doesn't change soon, I'm going to have to change as it's unusable in so many places around here.

Edit: Went to do a speed test to get a bad screen shot, and i'm now on 1xRTT:6 with a -87dBm signal.

Argh. Oh well. off to jimmie john's so at lest something will be freaky fast today. :)[/quote']

I understand it. The capacity and usage of each site is different. There will not be a more uniform experience until Network Vision upgrades are made in your area.

I understand it. The capacity and usage of each site is different. There will not be a more uniform experience until Network Vision upgrades are made in your area.

It's the same tower according to my phone. That said, I think it's more of an interference thing maybe? As there is a VZW tower very close to the Walmart side.

Here is my current speedtest from about 50-100 yards from a new tower.

Screenshot_2012-11-07-12-25-16.png

(I took the screenshot after I was back in my office where it doesn't get a mobile network anymore)

It's the same tower according to my phone. That said, I think it's more of an interference thing maybe? As there is a VZW tower very close to the Walmart side.

Here is my current speedtest from about 50-100 yards from a new tower.

Screenshot_2012-11-07-12-25-16.png

(I took the screenshot after I was back in my office where it doesn't get a mobile network anymore)

I misread your post. I thought you were inquiring about why two different sites are performing differently.

Each site has two or three sectors. Each sector can perform differently. If one sector works well and another sector from the same site does not (with similar signal strength), then that is usually a capacity issue. The slow sector is over capacity. Too many users.

It is possible that you could be experiencing interference. But if speeds are slow over that whole sector, then it is likely not interference.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Ahhh. Good point. You'd think I'd remember something about how this stuff works. (Used to work for Ericsson in the cell side) but it's amazing how you block out stuff.

I was forgetting the sectors throughput could be limiting, and completely focusing on it being the back end of the data feed that would be overloaded for data.

Lesson learned too many people at walmart, 2 pubs, best buy and sprint store have sprint phones. People on the other side of the street all must be on VZW. :)

thanks.

• Like 1

Hey guys, you're gonna love this. My wife works over by blue ridge rd just north of PNC arena in Raleigh and today she took a screen shot with her iphone 5 around 4:45pm. She took a screen shot to show me bc her signal has been horrible past few weeks so she thought her phone was acting up when she saw the LTE display, lol. Anyways, im going to try and upload the pic. Sorry for all the blackouts on the pic but I wanted to cover up all her instagram stuff you can see the LTE logo top left hand corner in the pic, btw I edited the pic with my note 2.....which rocks! post-7470-0-01971600-1352514707_thumb.png

Edited by benski29
  • Like 2

I tried to edit my post again but it wouldn't let me for some reason but I also wanted to add that she was at her work off blue ridge when she took the pic and she said she only had the LTE logo on her phone for less than a minute and then it went back to 3G.

If anyone is over in the area with an Android device and get a signal, run Sensorly. Thanks for the report.

If anyone is over in the area with an Android device and get a signal, run Sensorly. Thanks for the report.

If I ride around will sensorly record if and where it hits LtE?

Haven't played with it much, but was planning on a motorcycle ride tomorrow. I could make sure to include that area.

If not I'll just stop several times.

If I ride around will sensorly record if and where it hits LtE?

Haven't played with it much' date=' but was planning on a motorcycle ride tomorrow. I could make sure to include that area.

If not I'll just stop several times.[/quote']

It will probably be tough to do on a bike. Because you will likely need to cycle airplane mode several times to find LTE.

Ok, so I pressed my wife for more info on her location bc apparently she wasnt at work, instead she was on her way home. I circled and highlighted the towers that LTE signal might of come from. Sorry to not have more specific location but its one of these 5 towers. Based the time of when she left work and when she picked up the LTE im thinking its the tower thats located across from rex hospital at the corner of Dartmouth and blue ridge which is the tower with the 4 on it. I would drive down there but im on my way to Winston Salem right now. I couldnt upload the pics using forum runner....annoying....so I had to use photo bucket link. Is there anyway to scale down a screen shot resolution taken from a Note 2?

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b546/benski29/Screenshots_2012-11-10-06-59-57_zps33693df1.png