Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

Rode around stopping and cycling airplane all over.

No lte love. Anywhere. :(

150 miles. Felt like a really ugly fat male version of the T-Mobile chick

:rofl: I nearly spit out my coffee on that one. Hilarious. Thanks for checking. This is a bummer.

Robert

That was hilarious hscrugby! Thanks for cheking too. I didnt think the chances were going to be that good bc my wife said she only had LTE display on her iphone 5 for less than a minute. Is it possible her iphone may have accidentally displayed LTE by mistake? I would say no, but have you all seen/heard of that before?

I can has 4g

Creedmoor to falls of nuese on 540

I ran and uploaded a map from sensorly. It auto connected to it as I was driving.

I see it there. Awesome! http://sensorly.com/fullscreen/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=chelsea,north_carolina

Robert

• Like 1

Its still there! Just drove thru it. I took tons of screens shots with speednet test and google maps. I'll upload them all later when im around a computer bc my battery is low and now back on crawling 3G lol. Speeds were ok, about the same speeds as the 4G wimax, I used to have the original evo. I know there still working on the network so im not to worried about the speeds.

• Like 2

Ok, so I drove thru the area little after 8pm. Took a few screen shots and speed tests with ok/good results averaging around 4Mbps DL. Then after we dropped our friends off about an hour later we went back thru the area, this time I had my wife with her iphone 5 do some speed tests and can you say WOW!!!! Her best test was 24Mbps DL and 8Mbps upload! She hit those speeds at the corner of Six Forks Rd and 540. Her screen shots are the ones with the "LTE" in the top left hand corner of the screen. Whats crazy is her best speed test pulled in 4x better DL than my phone and on average her phone was double my speed test. Any ideas why? Heres the link to the photos via photo bucket: http://s1291.beta.ph...0LTE%2011_10_12

Edited by benski29

Since Fayetteville was named by Sprint in its 120 city list, I wonder if work has already started down there too, but no one is running Sensorly down there? Hmmm.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

Since Fayetteville was named by Sprint in its 120 city list, I wonder if work has already started down there too, but no one is running Sensorly down there? Hmmm.

I actually ate almost in fville yesterday. I got ehrpd but no lte. But I didn't cycle airplane mode anywhere outside of the bbq joint.

I might ride through there again soon.

I've now found another reason for my wife to make fun of my excuses for going riding. :)

Yeah. I'm kind of surprised that it is showing up in North Raleigh before other areas. The list of areas to be done before the year was not trending that way.

If you knew that city personally, then that wouldn't shock you at all.... I'd be surprised if anyone there knew wtf sensorly was, much less LTE even. Jkjk

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I ran some mapping today on sensorly for the 540 area in north raleigh. LTE is still on over there as of 10:15pm. Pulled in 13Mps DL but upload failed when we got out of range. Its such a small area lit up right now but least im over there all the time.

It looks like sprint is turning more LTE towers on in the area. I've now got it farther south on six forks rd at my work, wasn't there yesterday. I ran sensorly and walked around the building and pulled in 8.40Mps DL on speed tests. Not getting it in the building tho....is sprints LTE spectrum weaker than its 3G and basic phone reception?

Edited by benski29

Looks like LTE finally hit Raleigh and since I was in the vicinity of the tower I decided to drive down and do some speed tests. I'm certainly impressed. But I was so excited about the 4G that I forgot to even do any 3G tests lol. Oh well I'll find out later.

But I'm very excited, I hope the roll out ramps up here soon. Mainly Cary so I can have LTE at work. One odd thing I did notice though was a few times it would show I had no bars like while I was driving away but I was still pulling 15 mbps. I'm assuming this is some minor software bug on LG's side? (Using an Optimus G)

post-259-0-20810200-1352952003_thumb.jpg

post-259-0-16493300-1352952024_thumb.jpg

post-259-0-09504100-1352952057_thumb.jpg

Looks like LTE finally hit Raleigh and since I was in the vicinity of the tower I decided to drive down and do some speed tests. I'm certainly impressed. But I was so excited about the 4G that I forgot to even do any 3G tests lol. Oh well I'll find out later.

But I'm very excited, I hope the roll out ramps up here soon. Mainly Cary so I can have LTE at work. One odd thing I did notice though was a few times it would show I had no bars like while I was driving away but I was still pulling 15 mbps. I'm assuming this is some minor software bug on LG's side? (Using an Optimus G)

Not a bug. Sprint Android LTE devices do not show LTE signal strength in bars.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Whoops I forgot about that, you're right. But still, why would it show no service when I'm in seeing range of the tower? Briefly at least
For whatever reason you lost 1x signal temporarily. Happens sometimes.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

If this is the tower near I-540 and Six Forks, I drove by there today too. Had to flip airplane mode to get it to show up. Then turned on Sensorly and let it map until I lost 4G. Looks like you or someone had already done it, because when I looked at the maps it was a wider area than I drove with it on.

I ran a speedtest as well with Sensorly but don't remember the results. Is there a way to see speed test history? Can't seem to find it in the app. Time to reinstall the speedtest.net app.

If this is the tower near I-540 and Six Forks, I drove by there today too. Had to flip airplane mode to get it to show up. Then turned on Sensorly and let it map until I lost 4G. Looks like you or someone had already done it, because when I looked at the maps it was a wider area than I drove with it on.

I ran a speedtest as well with Sensorly but don't remember the results. Is there a way to see speed test history? Can't seem to find it in the app. Time to reinstall the speedtest.net app.

Yep, that was the tower. You can see your speed test history by hitting the results tab.

Anyone seeing any more towers? I went last week and was able to pull some impressive speeds (25down 11up), but I haven't seen any others. Been keeping my eye out near Blueridge Rd (I think someone mentioned something about that area?).

Edited by nandre
  • Like 1

Anyone seeing any more towers? I went last week and was able to pull some impressive speeds (25down 11up), but I haven't seen any others. Been keeping my eye out near Blueridge Rd (I think someone mentioned something about that area?).

There is a tower right across the street from Rex hospital at Blue Ridge and Macon Pond Road. I suspect that the backhaul is in place there. i have not tested it during the day but at night I usually get over 2 mbps. It also has a history of being a solid wiimax performer if that means anything. Net monitor shows 30 298.

There is a tower right across the street from Rex hospital at Blue Ridge and Macon Pond Road. I suspect that the backhaul is in place there. i have not tested it during the day but at night I usually get over 2 mbps. It also has a history of being a solid wiimax performer if that means anything. Net monitor shows 30 298.

Hmm... I'll have to stop by there next time I'm in the area. WiMax doesn't necessarily mean much, but 2mbps is nice compared to the .2 I've been getting in the rest of Raleigh :)

• Like 1