Network Vision/LTE - Raleigh/Durham Market (includes Fayetteville)

spotmeterf64

• 2 weeks later...

How is everyone's speeds? I'm still not getting good speed, only once and and a while.

From what I've seen there has been no change in 3G speeds. Wake Forest and North Raleigh continue to under perform, while parts of Morrisville have excellent 3G speeds (~1500kbps). I've seen messages on both the 3rd and the 12th that work is "underway" for 3G Network vision enhancements in the Raleigh market. Both announcements were quite vague and were very careful about not committing to a timeframe in which we should expect to see these enhancements.

Finally being announced! It saids Raleigh/Cary, NC! So hopefully RTP so the whole area of Raleigh/Durham

http://www.androidce...es-soon-get-lte

I wonder if Raleigh Cary would indicate all of Wake County since those two make up about 75% of the county.

I wonder if Raleigh Cary would indicate all of Wake County since those two make up about 75% of the county.

This is where you run risk by announcing cities too as you literally can't list every single small town/city... Though as mentioned it likely includes it all. Remember the whole market here is scheduled to start picking up real fast in next month or two, so I wouldn't read too much into surrounding cities not mentioned...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 3

This is where you run risk by announcing cities too as you literally can't list every single small town/city... Though as mentioned it likely includes it all. Remember the whole market here is scheduled to start picking up real fast in next month or two, so I wouldn't read too much into surrounding cities not mentioned...

Well said. Thanks for beating me to the punch. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Yep. I think they announced it as the market. So that implies the tiny towns.

But I can't even send sms on a lot of the towers in n Raleigh lately. I'm going on vacation a lot (snowboarding) but if it's not better soon I'm going to end up giving up. I'm not alone on this either.

It's ridiculous that I had to find wifi last night and Google voice to send a text.

But I can't even send sms on a lot of the towers in n Raleigh lately. I'm going on vacation a lot (snowboarding) but if it's not better soon I'm going to end up giving up. I'm not alone on this either.

It's ridiculous that I had to find wifi last night and Google voice to send a text.

Few months and you'll feel silly for saying that likely...

You should of gotten a text too from them saying they were doing work in the area upgrading things....you've held on this long it'll be a shame to miss out on what's coming when its sooo close now...

????? As far as I know text messages are not dpendent on data speed but rather voice connection. In other words if you have a signal you can send a text. If you had a signal and could not send a text then either there was a network issue(on going work or overloaded) or there is an issue with your phone.

????? As far as I know text messages are not dpendent on data speed but rather voice connection. In other words if you have a signal you can send a text. If you had a signal and could not send a text then either there was a network issue(on going work or overloaded) or there is an issue with your phone.

That's very true

Sms is sent on the control channel

Sms mms are kind of weird how they are designed.

That said it's very much the network.

But I can use wifi and Google voice to send a text in that case trying to find a friend who decided to bury his jeep up to the frame and need someone with a winch to pull him out.

It has been getting so much worse lately it's sad.

• Like 1

That's very true

Sms is sent on the control channel

Sms mms are kind of weird how they are designed.

That said it's very much the network.

But I can use wifi and Google voice to send a text in that case trying to find a friend who decided to bury his jeep up to the frame and need someone with a winch to pull him out.

It has been getting so much worse lately it's sad.

I'm usually out and about at night so I generally dont run into any problems. I do know that data speeds are horrible in downtown Raleigh during the day. Hopefully it gets better here soon.
  • Like 1

Raleigh is definitely one of the worst Sprint markets. Fortunately for you all, work is under way now. Can't go back in the past. All we have is the present. And presently, work is underway. Legacy sites may even get worse before it gets better. But the end of your terrible network is nigh.

• Like 2

Raleigh is definitely one of the worst Sprint markets. Fortunately for you all, work is under way now. Can't go back in the past. All we have is the present. And presently, work is underway. Legacy sites may even get worse before it gets better. But the end of your terrible network is nigh.

Just wish the permit search for Raleigh was more detailed and we could get a better idea of where and when some of these things are going on... Also would help to know the subcontractors being used here... I can see a handful of ones tagged with sprints name but not near as many as I'd think to see...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So the tower on Six Forks is marked complete, but I'm not longer getting 4g at all over there.

is anyone else?

Do they do something silly like turn it off as they "complete" the towers so they can have a "Raleigh go live" date and turn on like 15 towers?

Do they do something silly like turn it off as they "complete" the towers so they can have a "Raleigh go live" date and turn on like 15 towers?

yes, they are a bunch of silly willies.expect a much more detailed explanation from someone who wants to impress you with their knowledge after my post.