Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

When on Innovative cable Google thinks I am in Port of Spain. They think my static IP might have been owned by a different ISP before.  It's okay right now but I have had calendar issues in the past and it was a meeting with a google rep. :(

I go running on the road over lindquist.  I barely get a 3G signal when i am right at the edge.  Must be that hill above Red Hook again blocking the signal.

1. Still have zero signal in my house
  2. I'm still mad about having virtual no 3g or 4g working signal in san juan during the half marathon last month.  Wife's samsung galaxy s3 never skipped a beat.
  3. signal would fade in and out more than usual in Chicagoland (northern suburbs) last week

It's nice to see a consistent 4g signal in places that were lacking before both here and on the mainland but with their extensive gaps in coverage it makes it really difficult to do certain things in a moving vehicle.  You can only change your cellular settings so many times without going bonkers.

If you really want to fix those gaps do yourself a favor and get a nexus 5, you will be shocked at the difference trust me.

The only thing holding me back is the nexus 5 camera (which I know is being fixed with 4.4.1).  I am very picky about my camera and absolutely love the low-lighting of the One which is 85% of my pictures.  I know, it's kinda dumb especially since making and taking calls is more important than a picture most of the time.

The only thing holding me back is the nexus 5 camera (which I know is being fixed with 4.4.1).  I am very picky about my camera and absolutely love the low-lighting of the One which is 85% of my pictures.  I know, it's kinda dumb especially since making and taking calls is more important than a picture most of the time.

I don't blame you, I still think that overall the One is a better device but for lte connectivity you can't get better than the nexus 5.  My lte coverage on st. thomas has almost doubled using the n5 compared to the one.

the one on 4.3 has shitty 4glte signal

The operating software has nothing to do with the radio software.  With the 4.3 update also came an update to the radio software as well.  If you are rooted you can easily flash an older radio if you have issues with the current radio.  For me personally all the radios worked about the same, currently though I am rocking a One Max which definitely has better lte performance than the One and I am also rocking an N5 which is by far the best lte performing device you can get on sprint right now.

• Like 1

the one on 4.3 has shitty 4glte signal

4.3 on the one shows ur data signal instead of the voice signal, so if ur bars are lower than before the update that's why, but when ur on a call it's gonna show ur voice signal

Does anyone in Puerto Rico with a Nexus 5 has the voicemail notification fixed with update 4.4.1 or 4.4.2?

Not me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I totally forgot.  Won't happen again. 

Happens.

To answer your question, almost every single site will see LTE. Likely the issue with the particular site is backhaul has not arrived. There are cases where sites have gone well more than a year before backhaul arrives and they are able to switch on LTE.

i got lte jammin strong at home now,,,i keep deeing network preparing constantly but it has picked up.. like 10 down now in the day!

LOL, glad you are finally getting what you want.

• Like 1

Just received a SMS from Sprint stating: " SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop." I know there are 23 sites still waiting for LTE upgrade probably due to backhaul. Any ideas about how much more for full completion of NV in the PR/VI market?

Just received a SMS from Sprint stating: " SprintFreeMsg: Over the next month, the new network will be largely completed in your area. See new phone offer at http://sprint.us/upgrade1 Reply S to stop." I know there are 23 sites still waiting for LTE upgrade probably due to backhaul. Any ideas about how much more for full completion of NV in the PR/VI market?

Off the top of my head I want to say 17 sites in Puerto Rico and 6 sites in the VI.

• 3 weeks later...