Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

Network Vision 3G or Na ? Lml y6amuvad.jpg

First 3G , then soon LTE yay. My phone has been connect to a distant tower idk where it is tho. The only tower that I could think of that has LTE is the one in Valley Stream but thats pretty far away from my current location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, looks like it to me!

Had a meeting in Williamsburg BK, B25 was hammered, but trusty B41 was available, speeds were between 25-35mb down...Loving B41!

Did you switch radios, or how are you doing this? I was never able to get it to work while on KC, a "Spark" market.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Did you switch radios, or how are you doing this? I was never able to get it to work while on KC, a "Spark" market.

Just doing a PRL update while near a B41 site. The key seems to be not having any B25 signal at all or worse than -100dBm  in order for it to latch onto B41, and once that happens it will handoff to other B41 sites without having to redo the PRL update until you fallback to B25.

Also, im running on the latest radio, so nothing particularly special there (I prefer the quicker fallback to 3G due to overburdened B25 sites)

• Like 1

Just doing a PRL update while near a B41 site. The key seems to be not having any B25 signal at all or worse than -100dBm in order for it to latch onto B41, and once that happens it will handoff to other B41 sites without having to redo the PRL update until you fallback to B25.

Also, im running on the latest radio, so nothing particularly special there (I prefer the quicker fallback to 3G due to overburdened B25 sites)

I never updated. Heard too many accounts of it dialing back LTE sensitivity, and being in an area with a rather small of amount of LTE, I need every bit I can get.

While I was in KC, it was difficult to get in an area that had a weak Band 25 signal that would also have Band 41. That may have been part of it.

I'm angry. I moved last year and my old neighborhood got entirely covered with LTE

Try living in the only coverage hole for WiMAX coverage. When Clear rolled out WiMAX in my neighborhood, I lived in a small coverage hole which spanned about 5 houses. I would have great WiMAX signal until I started walking up my block.

Is this the full extent of NV 3G. If it is, its amazing, the fastest i've ever seen on any 3G network besides ATT. Pretty clear to me that Sprints 3G/4G network is gonna be something serious when it's complete. Check it out. y4y9y3uz.jpgyqama7uj.jpg

Edited by IsaiahL

Is this the full extent of NV 3G. If it is, its amazing, the fastest i've ever seen on any 3G network besides ATT. Pretty clear to me that Sprints 3G/4G network is gonna be something serious when it's complete. Check it out. y4y9y3uz.jpgyqama7uj.jpg

I saw another tower go live in Elmont, I dodnt know if it was the tower that serves your home or not.

I saw another tower go live in Elmont, I dodnt know if it was the tower that serves your home or not.

Where was it located ? Theres 2 towers that serve my whole town.

Both sides look to be upgraded.

3G for 4G ? If its4G upgraded then they need to turn it on because I have to see an actual usable signal, except on this one corner where I get 2 bars lml.

3G for 4G ? If its4G upgraded then they need to turn it on because I have to see an actual usable signal, except on this one corner where I get 2 bars lml.

The sites on either side of the word "Elmont."  I don't know if that covers where you are. I can't really say more than that, you'd need to be a Sponsor :/

• Like 1

The sites on either side of the word "Elmont." I don't know if that covers where you are. I can't really say more than that, you'd need to be a Sponsor :/

Ik which tower it is , its the one closer to boarder near Queens. Unfortunately that towers doesn't reach my house or school, but its a start :).

I really believe Band 41 is going to be the key for Sprint to make this network shine! (spark pun not intended) Took a late lunch around 1:30 this afternoon in Herald square 34th st, a TON of people out at that time, automatically connected to Band 41 using .15 radio on Nexus 5 (BTW this radio works WONDERS! seems all eCSFB issues are resolved) I was averaging 15-25mb sec, while my colleague on ATT was barely getting 1mb. I have noticed a massive decline of speeds on ATT in NYC, along with Sprint's own B25 as well in midtown. Hopefully by the time we have prevalent B26 there will be enough Tri band phone users out there to balance the load.

• Like 6

I really believe Band 41 is going to be the key for Sprint to make this network shine! (spark pun not intended) Took a late lunch around 1:30 this afternoon in Herald square 34th st, a TON of people out at that time, automatically connected to Band 41 using .15 radio on Nexus 5 (BTW this radio works WONDERS! seems all eCSFB issues are resolved) I was averaging 15-25mb sec, while my colleague on ATT was barely getting 1mb. I have noticed a massive decline of speeds on ATT in NYC, along with Sprint's own B25 as well in midtown. Hopefully by the time we have prevalent B26 there will be enough Tri band phone users out there to balance the load.

Sparkle ;)

But yeah man, that's where the 2.5 shines. Bryant Park, Herald Square, open places like that are perfect for blanket coverage.

• Like 2

I live in the Bronx and im only seeing it 2% of the time. I think my GS3 doesn't like it, every time it connects to 1x800 it jumps of it within seconds.Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

1x800 should only appear when needed. The nexus 5 does choose 1x800 over 1900 most of the time. But, unless your having issues with 1900, it shouldn't make much difference.

This is how it is most of the time when im home. So I would like to see 1x800 more often since every time it appears I get full bars. I think picking up that N5 tomorrow.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Do you have issues with Voice? -100dBm is considered usable for voice, but at the edge of coverage. Regardless, I highly recommend the Nexus 5, especially with the .15 radio installed. You will freely pickup Band 41 and get crazy speeds! on top of the 1x800.