Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I have seen 800 a few times. When I go into the basement of my home in Crown Heights I pick it up. It is unusable though because it is a -125dbm signal. That says a pot because it is coming from a distant site, yet my home site has 0 bars on PCS.

At least 80% of NV is done. At least thAts a good sign.

• Like 1

At least 80% of NV is done. At least thAts a good sign.

In Brooklyn alone, yes. In total, ibdont think so. There are a few sites left in Brooklyn that don't have LTE and they by chance are in the areas that I frequent. My grandmother's home tower is officially accepted with LTE but it is not live for whatever reason. There are also 3 towers that serve my area in Crown Heights and only 1 has been accepted. The other 2 don't have any upgrades.

I went to Fairway in Red Hook yesterday, and as usual, I ran a speed test on LTE. The site over there is very lightly loaded. On a -110dbm signal on my EVO 4G LTE, I got 3Mbps down and 1Mbps up.

Got a chance to play with HTC One Max today at 34 street Harold Square. Speeds were averaging between 12-18mb sec about 50-70ping indoors. Considering that no other sprint phone (Galaxy S4 or Nexus 5) connected to LTE at all. I'm pretty sure it was connected to Band 41. Another note is that the signal averaged about 2bars, also this was during rush hour, 5 30, streets were packed! My 3G speeds were about .30k/sec 100ms ping. 

hmmm odd, I was in Times sq (actually 47th and 8th Ave) on Saturday from 2PM thru 6PM and barely had any signal, well LTE wise. But once I got out of the island and into Queens I got better than usual signal. again odd.

TS

Time Square on LTE is like being in a stadium. Only Band 41 can relieve that., or more towers upgraded which might be the actual problem.

Time Square on LTE is like being in a stadium. Only Band 41 can relieve that., or more towers upgraded which might be the actual problem.

Band 41 can handle multiple people connected at the same time as compared to other bands? Is there more BW also on the band or it just runs smoother but at slower speeds if it's congested?

Today underground on 34th street train station got amazing roaming signal -40dBm! ..looked up, and what did I see!?...Verizon antennas in the station 2 feet above me! Looking forward to finally getting it on Sprint. Another observation, don't know why i could not complete a call on my Nexus 5 in the station.

Today underground on 34th street train station got amazing roaming signal -40dBm! ..looked up, and what did I see!?...Verizon antennas in the station 2 feet above me! Looking forward to finally getting it on Sprint. Another observation, don't know why i could not complete a call on my Nexus 5 in the station.

Although Transit Wireless hasn't completed the Sprint upgrade yet, there are a few stations that are like paper when it comes to receiving a cellular signal. At 72nd Street in Manhattan, you can get LTE in the station from above. And at Nevins Street in Brooklyn, you can get a strong 3G signal, but there is no LTE in that area.

I'll be in times square tonight with my nexus 5 I'll be looking for band 41 and doing a speed test or two to see how the network holds up..... Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No one has been successful connecting to band 41 on ALU market on the east coast using a Nexus 5 as far as I know.

Was not successful connecting to band 41. Didn't think I would be. Band 25 lte signal strength was good, but it acted like 3g before NV, slow, but with the amount of people there I guess that's to be expected.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I feel like even with all sites completed, you'll be lucky to see above 6Mbps in Times Square. Although that's pretty much how it is with every carrier.

Agreed.  It's too popular of a place with lots of data usage.  

That being said, last night I was in the West Village celebrating.  Shortly after midnight my friends on AT&T were having some connectivity issues and the network seemed jammed.  I was on LTE with Sprint and had zero issues.  It was nice for a change!  In the past, I always got hit with the same network issues after midnight.

My cousins on T-Mobile and my mom on Verizon had connectivity issues here in Brooklyn. I had zero issues. Texts and calls went through easily. My data although it slowed down, was still significantly higher than my family members on other carriers.

• Like 3

I'm near grand concourse and tremont, I can make calls without issues, 1x800 as usual.

Lucky you rofl....I can call myself or use Goolge Voiceby wifi....I must say that Google Voice by wifi is pretty clear. I can't imagine VOIP costing so damn much when WI internet is about what VOIP will be.

Edited by QWIKSTRIKE

Lucky yo rofl....I can call myself or use Goolge Voiceby wifi....I must say that Google Voice by wifi is pretty clear. I can't imagine VOIP costing so damn much when WI internet is about what VOIP will be.

I occasionally connect to HD voice calls on my nexus 5, its pretty spectacular.

I occasionally connect to HD voice calls on my nexus 5, its pretty spectacular.

Well we both have 2 things in common a Naxus 5, and the Bx. I used to go to the Disco Fever over off Jerome and 167 backi n the day. In my opinion the birth place of Hip Hop. Grandmaster Flash Melly Mel and the likes use to go there.

Is HD voice active  in NYC?

Well we both have 2 things in common a Naxus 5, and the Bx. I used to go to the Disco Fever over off Jerome and 167 backi n the day. In my opinion the birth place of Hip Hop. Grandmaster Flash Melly Mel and the likes use to go there.

Is HD voice active  in NYC?

HD voice is active in NYC, I have randomly picked it up around the city, the difference is quite a surprise.

HD voice is active in NYC, I have randomly picked it up around the city, the difference is quite a surprise.

You should check your engineering screens mid call. Mine have been Service Option 68 which is not HD Voice. I believe Service Option 7 is HD Voice.