Network Vision/LTE - New York City Market

Ace41690

I want to stick around. The phone that was experiencing voice calls with bad quality was actually a basic phone, not a smartphone. And the texts coming in late happened when the phones were connected to a tower that had been upgraded already.

It all depends where your using the phone the most, the only place in NYC with questionable service is the financial district. Almost all other places in NYC have excellent service for voice especially, just make sure the phone supports at least 1x800 for voice calls and you should be OK.Also the mere fact that the site you speak of has been upgraded does not guarantee your connecting to it for voice or data. You might be getting either or signal from different locations.
  • Like 2

mine went from 55016 2 55017 what that actually does I have no idea what I do know is a tower by me is still going under maintenance for the past month it seems...

something potentially interesting is that it doesn't take 13 seconds for a call to connect only takes 3 seconds before the line starts to ring

Interesting...

My iPhone 5 hasn't been connecting to LTE at all the entire day. Tried to troubleshoot it by myself and yet to no avail.

I take a peep at the PRL and it has changed to 60657 from 51098. Oh lord...

I hope mine doesn't change, I have 51098 on my 5S. I'm not within range of any LTE, but when I am I'd like to experience it.

• Like 1

So after taking a trial on sprint (from verizon) I decided to cancel with sprint and go back to verizon. Its really a shame because I got a pretty good deal on sprint for a lot of lines. I have been with verizon for 13 years and don't remember dropping calls ever, and as soon as I got on with sprint, I must have dropped at least 24 calls in one week.

I have been keeping my eye on sprint and its progress for the past year and a half, and pulled the trigger when they upgraded the tower right next to my house. The data speeds were excellent but even though it was upgraded, the voice was not good, and I had many issues with dropped calls. 

I would see how they are in about half a year, but it was so bad, that I would not let myself be locked into a contract with the service I was experiencing. 

Does anyone think that eventually sprint will be a true rival to verizon? Its hard to believe, because a year and a half ago, I told myself that I would check sprint out in a year and still its pretty bad.

So after taking a trial on sprint (from verizon) I decided to cancel with sprint and go back to verizon. Its really a shame because I got a pretty good deal on sprint for a lot of lines. I have been with verizon for 13 years and don't remember dropping calls ever, and as soon as I got on with sprint, I must have dropped at least 24 calls in one week.

I have been keeping my eye on sprint and its progress for the past year and a half, and pulled the trigger when they upgraded the tower right next to my house. The data speeds were excellent but even though it was upgraded, the voice was not good, and I had many issues with dropped calls. 

I would see how they are in about half a year, but it was so bad, that I would not let myself be locked into a contract with the service I was experiencing. 

Does anyone think that eventually sprint will be a true rival to verizon? Its hard to believe, because a year and a half ago, I told myself that I would check sprint out in a year and still its pretty bad.

Without question, what you experienced was due to upgrades being in progress, not due to a lack of coverage. Meaning that probably very very soon that would have changed dramatically. If your talking about long island, it has been very very active lately(upgrading), and would definitely explain your dropped calls. Now, if your talking about the financial district, that's another story all together, but I can tell you without a doubt, my voice quality is quite great after the upgrades (and some calls in HD Voice!) and haven't dropped a call in ages where I go (all over downtown, midtown, uptown and the bronx) all post NV. 

• Like 1

Without question, what you experienced was due to upgrades being in progress, not due to a lack of coverage. Meaning that probably very very soon that would have changed dramatically. If your talking about long island, it has been very very active lately(upgrading), and would definitely explain your dropped calls. Now, if your talking about the financial district, that's another story all together, but I can tell you without a doubt, my voice quality is quite great after the upgrades (and some calls in HD Voice!) and haven't dropped a call in ages where I go (all over downtown, midtown, uptown and the bronx) all post NV. 

We kept 2 lines active on sprint for the family members that do not mind dropped calls, so I can monitor the progress through their phones. 

Why do people say the financial district is a mess? I have heard people say its because of what sandy did, but I can say that I have no issues there with verizon, and I did not have enough time with sprint to see what its like over there.

We kept 2 lines active on sprint for the family members that do not mind dropped calls, so I can monitor the progress through their phones. 

Why do people say the financial district is a mess? I have heard people say its because of what sandy did, but I can say that I have no issues there with verizon, and I did not have enough time with sprint to see what its like over there.

A lot of the lines that hosted the back-hauls (or potential back-hauls) got destroyed. So companies that lay the Fiber lines(like Verizon) gave their own infrastructure higher priority. So time will tell when all of the issues will get resolved, hopefully within the next few months. 

• Like 1

Finally! There is a tower by my Aunt's house that has been sitting with a 3G upgrade. There is another tower literally 2 blocks away that was never upgraded. I actually thought I'd never see the day it's be upgraded. Maybe with this hardware upgrade, LTE is right around the corner. The neighboring site was one of the first to have NV 3G done in Brooklyn.

Maybe the backhaul is finally there and I'll see LTE within the next few weeks.

• Like 1

1x, 3G dude

same happen to me yesterday here in jamaica queens. i saw it for second connect to band 26, and than got disconnected before I can take a screen shot.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I just finished doing a Nexus 5 LTE field test and for a brief second it cylced band 26 and then band 41 before going back to band 50 here in Throggsneck the Bronx

same happen to me yesterday here in jamaica queens. i saw it for second connect to band 26, and than got disconnected before I can take a screen shot.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

No screen shot never happened lol! 

Band 26? Are you sure it wasn't just searching for a signal. Or dis it actually connect to Band 26 and then get kicked off.

I can only say that it locked on to band 26 for a second then it locked on to band 41 for a second then went to band 50 and parked! This is the 1st time anything like this was ever revealed.

Band 26? Are you sure it wasn't just searching for a signal. Or dis it actually connect to Band 26 and then get kicked off.

There is no saying for sure considering that our devices have yet to receive the proper update for band 41(who knows whether we support band 26) But with so many reports of people connecting to band 41 with our devices on the west coast, It causes more confusion.

And that's not even a full signal. I cannot wait to get a new phone!

TeamiPhone6 I can't wait. By the time I get the 6 LTE on Band 41 should be just around completion. Hopefully

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no saying for sure considering that our devices have yet to receive the proper update for band 41(who knows whether we support band 26) But with so many reports of people connecting to band 41 with our devices on the west coast, It causes more confusion.

The device definitely will operate on those bands as reported gere on this site, and every other site. Not to mention it has the same radio as the G2 which connects to those bands.