I stick around because I have a family contract and leaving it would screw me and the people on it. And that I do have, along with most of the other people here, a glimmer of hope on the horizon. Now that I have experienced LTE through sprint upgrades around town, I love it and I want more coverage.

I think what really gets people is that sprint charges for a service that they haven't legitimately provided. Slow data speeds that are literally unusable. And that people have 600-800 dollar smart phones, and they can't even use it outside their homes unless they have a damn charger pack cause their freaking phone will die....

That's why people are irritated. Years of promises of this and that which people have ultimately been let down year after year. And about choosing the carrier right for your area... That is an irrelevant statement. If any major provider offers service in ANY MARKET, it should offer the speeds and coverage it claims to have.

I am willing to wait, obviously, as I have just re signed my 2 year contract under hopeful glimmering LTE somewhere close in the future. To all whom are not willing to wait and can get out of their contract, if you want to leave and come back in a few years, do it but be aware of those data limits. They'll catch up when you're not looking lol

• Like 3

In 2 years, Verizon and AT&T will have fully rolled out LTE Advance I'm sure.

Possible, but unlikely. Verizon's current equipment is not compatible with LTE-A. Unlike Sprints, which is just a software upgrade away. Sprint will have a much easier time implementing LTE-A than either Verizon or AT&T. 

Well I can tell you after what I saw yesterday I'm done with Sprint. ... Well long story short, we did a speed test and his (non-contract $45/Mo) iPhone 5 kicked my (2yr contract $97/Mo) iPhone 5's a$$. He got 5 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up. I got 0.17 mbps down and 0.02 mbps up. After experiencing that first hand I'm done with Sprint. I'm shelling out way more money and getting way less service....

To jump out now would be silly. Now, your buddy may have faster speeds at the moment, but that will change. I know how frustrating it is to have slow speeds, I spend nearly all my time on WiFi because the network here in Springfield, MO is too slow, and they haven't even started working in this city, unlike Orlando. If you go for those better speeds, you'll likely also lose any roaming capabilities you currently have with Sprint. In just a few months time, I think you'll find that you spend more and more time on LTE, and the speeds will become more and more consistent across town, and most of Florida. But, if you feel you have to go, no one is going to stop you. If StraightTalk works for you, then more power to you. 

• Like 3

Possible, but unlikely. Verizon's current equipment is not compatible with LTE-A. Unlike Sprints, which is just a software upgrade away. Sprint will have a much easier time implementing LTE-A than either Verizon or AT&T. 

Is tmobile in the same situation as AT&T and Verizon for LTE a. And I'm not familiar with that one. Do you have a thread on that? Or a short description if it.

Thanks

Is tmobile in the same situation as AT&T and Verizon for LTE a. And I'm not familiar with that one. Do you have a thread on that? Or a short description if it.

Thanks

For LTE-A? Probably somewhere, harder to find those kinds of things while on the phone. I'm sure you could find it if you do some searching. I don't remember everything but I believe some of the benefits are carrier aggregation and more efficient spectrum management. I do not know T-Mobile's situation for LTE-A.

Sent from my HTC ONE

I have my phone switching between EVDO and EHRPD every few minutes or so. I have Signalcheck Pro but the area it says as the location for the BSL I'm quite certain is incorrect, as I pass by there everyday and there is nothing there but a plot of unused land.

See here: http://www.bluelinepc.com/signalcheck/help/#bslwrong

-Mike

• Like 1

For LTE-A? Probably somewhere, harder to find those kinds of things while on the phone. I'm sure you could find it if you do some searching. I don't remember everything but I believe some of the benefits are carrier aggregation and more efficient spectrum management. I do not know T-Mobile's situation for LTE-A.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Thank you and thank you. I'll take a look at that. Quick question. Is this why T mobile is able to roll out their LTE network so quickly. Because its just a software upgrade away??? 

Was just peaking at the network enhancements page on sprint....With orlando having over 130 data speed upgrades  to their towers, they have to be pretty close to switching it on. Don't ya think? Sorry if thats a stupid question. I was just comparing other markets with a giant population of people like miami and tampa and they have launched, with about the same amt of data speed upgrades or less o.O

By the way, this forum is awesome. I am glad I joined it so I could keep up to date on it. Friends ask me how I know so much about whats going on, (they're with sprint too) and I just say I have my sources.  B)

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

Well, I just changed my 450 minutes individual plan to the newly announced Unlimited, My Way plan. Once LTE finishes rolling out, this new plan will be the best plan ever. However, looking at the way they advertise unlimited data "for life," do you think that may hint that Sprint might consider removing their unlimited data plan in the future? 

Edited by XXavierXX

Was just peaking at the network enhancements page on sprint....With orlando having over 130 data speed upgrades  to their towers, they have to be pretty close to switching it on. Don't ya think?

That page also includes T1 lines on the legacy network, as speed upgrades.

Thank you and thank you. I'll take a look at that. Quick question. Is this why T mobile is able to roll out their LTE network so quickly. Because its just a software upgrade away??? 

T-Mobile has been able to roll out LTE so quickly because they are only upgrading sites that already have HSPA+, meaning they already have Fiber in place, so there's no waiting on that. Plus, all they have to do is slap up another set of panels, and maybe a base station, which takes a couple days at most. Whereas Sprint is replacing everything on the site, and waiting for backhaul in many cases.

In regards to T-Mobile LTE-A, I believe the equipment they are using is compatible with LTE-A, just like Sprint's is. If it isn't then that was a huge oversight on their part.

Was just peaking at the network enhancements page on sprint....With orlando having over 130 data speed upgrades  to their towers, they have to be pretty close to switching it on. Don't ya think?

I'm not sure what you mean? Those Data Speed Upgrades also refer to legacy enhancements and don't have anything to do with NV. There are not near enough towers complete across Orlando to launch the market. As far as "switching it on," every site is turned on when it's complete.... so they're already switched on.

What I don't understand is why do you stick around if all yall do is complain. You should choose the carrier that's right for your area. If your expecting softbank to magically give you lte tomorrow... the deal closed yesterday... wait it out or switch.

I'm sure some of us are stuck in contracts. As for me, I'm a masochist. I enjoy the pain and suffering that Sprint provides me on a daily basis. The "hope" that comes along with it all. Life is all about "hope" anyways.

Exactly! I have stuck around because I was in a contract, but what I see now is that there really is greener pastures elsewhere. So it appears very much worth it now to just pay the early termination fee and move on. And if down the road Sprint actually becomes truly competitive, then I will gladly come back. Over the years I have been very happy with my Sprint service, but as time has progressed, data speeds have become pivotal to daily life and Sprint has just not moved as quickly as other carriers. Blame it on lack of money, city permits, company mergers, etc. The other companies found a way to get it done why hasn't Sprint? LTE rollout aside, the fact still remains that Sprint's 3G speeds are still appalling. I'm more disappointed in Sprint then I am mad. Their giving me reasons to look elsewhere after so many years together. 

Over the years I have been very happy with my Sprint service, but as time has progressed, data speeds have become pivotal to daily life and Sprint has just not moved as quickly as other carriers. Blame it on lack of money, city permits, company mergers, etc. The other companies found a way to get it done why hasn't Sprint? 

Sprint banked on Clearwire's WiMax, which as we all know didn't exactly work out as planned. That's left them scrambling for the last 2.5 years, which lead up to the Network Vision project. Should they have invested more in their 3G network? Probably, but hindsight is always 20/20. Sprint is getting it done. It just didn't happen the way they envisioned back in 2008.

Now that Sprint owns Clear, and SoftBank's investment in Sprint, it won't happen again. It takes a while to fix a rundown/old/broken network.

• Like 1

scotthilt, on 12 Jul 2013 - 3:45 PM, said:

Exactly! I have stuck around because I was in a contract, but what I see now is that there really is greener pastures elsewhere. So it appears very much worth it now to just pay the early termination fee and move on. And if down the road Sprint actually becomes truly competitive, then I will gladly come back. Over the years I have been very happy with my Sprint service, but as time has progressed, data speeds have become pivotal to daily life and Sprint has just not moved as quickly as other carriers. Blame it on lack of money, city permits, company mergers, etc. The other companies found a way to get it done why hasn't Sprint? LTE rollout aside, the fact still remains that Sprint's 3G speeds are still appalling. I'm more disappointed in Sprint then I am mad. Their giving me reasons to look elsewhere after so many years together.

Look elsewhere and stop complaining, as we have told you this is not just an LTE rollout, and its a complete network overhaul which really shouldn't be compared to VZW / ATT's LTE rollout..

T-Mobile has been able to roll out LTE so quickly because they are only upgrading sites that already have HSPA+, meaning they already have Fiber in place, so there's no waiting on that. Plus, all they have to do is slap up another set of panels, and maybe a base station, which takes a couple days at most. Whereas Sprint is replacing everything on the site, and waiting for backhaul in many cases.

In regards to T-Mobile LTE-A, I believe the equipment they are using is compatible with LTE-A, just like Sprint's is. If it isn't then that was a huge oversight on their part.

I'm not sure what you mean? Those Data Speed Upgrades also refer to legacy enhancements and don't have anything to do with NV. There are not near enough towers complete across Orlando to launch the market. As far as "switching it on," every site is turned on when it's complete.... so they're already switched on.

Thanks for clarifying that for me... Appreciate it.  :tu:

Look elsewhere and stop complaining, as we have told you this is not just an LTE rollout, and its a complete network overhaul which really shouldn't be compared to VZW / ATT's LTE rollout..

This is something most people seem not to grasp. You can put new tires on a car, but rebuilding the whole engine along with new tires on it takes a little longer ;)

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

This is something most people seem not to grasp. You can put new tires on a car, but rebuilding the whole engine along with new tires on it takes a little longer ;)

While the car is still driving.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 4

Occoee seems to leave me in the dark for 4G today at Hiawassee and SR50... Connected but no data flow. Same thing happened to me last sunday in Daytona. It was working again by tuesday... Disney Hollywood Studios had a good steady 102-113 signal throughout most of the park today, steady 5-6 down. Good enough though the park has free wifi acces pulling 16 down and 23 up on average.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Occoee seems to leave me in the dark for 4G today at Hiawassee and SR50... Connected but no data flow. Same thing happened to me last sunday in Daytona. It was working again by tuesday... Disney Hollywood Studios had a good steady 102-113 signal throughout most of the park today, steady 5-6 down. Good enough though the park has free wifi acces pulling 16 down and 23 up on average.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The Pine Hills tower on 50 seems like it's really getting the snot beat out of it being the only 4G tower for a considerable distance.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 2

Orlando

NV Sites Accepted = 41%

LTE Sites Accepted = 29%

Looks like its picking up. :D

Thanks and that's good news. I can't seem to find the link where it shows the percentage of sites completed/launches in the country. Can you post that here? Thanks!