Also, is there an app to figure out what frequency I'm on? I'm curious because of the whole iDen thing as well as when I roam. I remember when I had one of those iDen/CDMA hybird phones (nextel chirp with sprint voice) it would tell me in the menu but I can't seem to find it on the S3 or any app in the play store that will tell me.

If you look at your engineering screen, you can see what band you are on. (Dial ##DEBUG#) Also, there is an app written by one of the members here called SignalCheck Pro which will put your network type in the notification bar. 

Anyone know what's up with the signal around UCF? I used to get consistent EHRPD 3G running around 2.2 mps but as of yesterday I'm getting shotty EVDO rev A around .450 mps. Still get faint LTE here and there, but i primarily keep it on CDMA only because those LTE signals are barely usable.

I could guess:

1. IDEN shutdown

2. LTE NV upgrades

3. Lightning?

Could be any number of issues, but to your questions,

1. Probably not.

2. Could be

3. Also possible.

It could be just that the tower nearest you has gone down for one reason or another, causing a poor signal in your local area. These symptoms are sometimes reported when a tower is being worked on, so it's possible that at tower near you has NV upgrades going on. 

I notice this is your first post.  :welc: To S4GRU! There is a ton of good information here, please don't hesitate to ask! Be sure the check out the FAQs if you haven't already. Lots of info about Sprint and the Network Vision project. 

• Like 2

Ah thank you! Glad to be on board. I'm pretty excited about LTE coming to Orlando, I was driving through Statesville, NC last week and I got a screaming 28mps down speed on LTE off of I-40. That's better than what I have for my home internet, I was so impressed!

• Like 1

I got stuck on I4 and I had no voice or data service. I've had the last straw with Sprint. I've been with them for over 12 years. AT&T launch 25+ new market every two weeks. They launch 35 new markets today and have had LTE in Orlando since January of 2012

Maybe in two years I'm come back.

Replacing Entire Network speed =/= LTE only rollout speed 

• Like 2

Ah thank you! Glad to be on board. I'm pretty excited about LTE coming to Orlando, I was driving through Statesville, NC last week and I got a screaming 28mps down speed on LTE off of I-40. That's better than what I have for my home internet, I was so impressed!

I can feel that pain. The only thing that keeps me sane is my wifi speed, which is fortunately 50 and above for a killer price... Got lucky there

Other than that, every second I'm outside the apartment it is basically pointless to do any thing related to data . Sucks I pick up LTE but no data! Just a patiently waiting now

This makes me tickle inside.  :clap:

Glad everything appears to be going smoothly... Now, time for those "communities dragging their feet on permits, and ISPs dragging their feet on backhaul" to, NOT do that anymore. Aint nobody got time for that.

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 1

Well the lte here in Metrowest is finally showing signs of data connectivity. Speedtest pings and has download speed but gets stuck on upload.

Progress!

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II using Tapatalk Beta 5.

I can feel that pain. The only thing that keeps me sane is my wifi speed, which is fortunately 50 and above for a killer price... Got lucky there

Other than that, every second I'm outside the apartment it is basically pointless to do any thing related to data . Sucks I pick up LTE but no data! Just a patiently waiting now

I've noticed especially south of Colonial and north of 408 (inc. Waterford) there is basically no data service. I do pick up LTE there as well and you are right there is no data. When I switch to 3G only I still crawl with my speeds (sub 100 kbps). I think it may have to be partly because of the congestion of the area since it is where everyone goes shopping, to dinner, movies, etc. I hope Sprint realizes this and gets some greater capacity over there. At times I miss my WiMax phone because I actually had pretty decent coverage in the area and my data speeds where consistent around 6-8 mbps. (but going into Target or a large building, poof it was gone)

I have noticed some new panels being put up on a tower at UCF near the gym, so hopefully they're getting ready to deploy it further in the area.

• Like 3

Ok power just went out here in the heart of Metrowest so I lost the router but look what I discovered...LTE finally working down and up!

Actually posted this with it instead of Wi-Fi for the first time!

post-5711-13729815901209_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Lte data was spotty last night here in Metrowest but quite consistent this morning. Ran about 10 speed test and they're all right in the same ball park.

post-5711-13730244431658_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Lte data was spotty last night here in Metrowest but quite consistent this morning. Ran about 10 speed test and they're all right in the same ball park.

last time I ever got LTE in my area was over two months ago, about the same speeds you were getting last night.

last time I ever got LTE in my area was over two months ago, about the same speeds you were getting last night.

Hopefully that will change soon...I never thought I would see lte...well I take that back. I actually thought I would have had lte between December and March at latest, but here we are in July and fiiiinally we have it.

At least when you had lte you had data connectivity...we've had lte signal for couple weeks or more and no data to go with it...drives you nuts!

Hopefully you get it back soon...

I have a friend who lives over in metrowest in Azur apartments. Had excellent coverage, 5 bars most places over there. And the 3g was pretty fast. I think I did a speed test and got about 1.7 mbps download which is pretty good. Still bone dry over here though.

Sprint would love to be able to switch on LTE for everyone right now. They're trying to get things done as quick as possible. As i just posted, it is not inaction or lack of funding that is holding them back. It is communities dragging their feet on permits, and ISPs dragging their feet on backhaul. 

As a certified project manager, I don't buy this logic.  You can have excuses or you can have results.  Not both.

A project manager's job is to coordinate and plan so that these fall into place together.  Yeah, every now and again, s**t happens.  But if every job is delayed by municipalities, backhaul, then someone needs to anticipate this and get an earlier start.

As a certified project manager, I don't buy this logic.  You can have excuses or you can have results.  Not both.

A project manager's job is to coordinate and plan so that these fall into place together.  Yeah, every now and again, s**t happens.  But if every job is delayed by municipalities, backhaul, then someone needs to anticipate this and get an earlier start.

Was thinking the same thing...You would think that a project so big that ultimately determines the life or death of Sprint, would be of utmost importance.  :o

lower panels were added sometime within the last month or so, because they weren't there when I previously visited the site on May 10th. 

Thats the one over by the winterpark police department??? Assuming thats what wppd is...after a google search lol. Thats still 13 miles from me! Agh.

Thats the one over by the winterpark police department??? Assuming thats what wppd is...after a google search lol. Thats still 13 miles from me! Agh.

yes, the tower is located behind the Winter Park Police Department, on the corner of N. Virginia Ave and W. Swoope Ave.

Edited by UCFKnight

http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/129198-network-vision-sprints-path-to-domination/2

I found this article and thought it was one of the best detailed descriptions of why sprints plan is so different. But them again I haven't searched all of this website lol so there might be something better. Regardless, it was an interesting read.

I am literally dying right now. Getting my brakes checked and this is what I get! 5 bars of coverage and fast as hell download. Also picked up LTE over near Waterford lakes plaza. Maybe they are testing it this weekend? Yay lol

• Like 3

I am literally dying right now. Getting my brakes checked and this is what I get! 5 bars of coverage and fast as hell download. Also picked up LTE over near Waterford lakes plaza. Maybe they are testing it this weekend? Yay lol

where in waterford was this?

where in waterford was this?

That is actually over on east colonial near Firestone. I had 3 bars over in my neighborhood in Victoria place apartments when I was walking around the lake. That's the pic Edited by jamisonshaw125

It's great to see they finally flipped the switch down by Waterford and E Colonial. I'm still waiting at UCF for decent LTE.

I went to Universal for the 4th and last night as well, I couldn't help but notice how ATROCIOUS my signal is there. My phone literally dies after 3 hours because it's constantly going from 3G to 1XRTT to roaming. When I used to work at the Hard Rock Hotel last year I don't remember the signal being so horrible there, anyone know why it's gotten so bad? 

• Like 1

It's great to see they finally flipped the switch down by Waterford and E Colonial. I'm still waiting at UCF for decent LTE.

I went to Universal for the 4th and last night as well, I couldn't help but notice how ATROCIOUS my signal is there. My phone literally dies after 3 hours because it's constantly going from 3G to 1XRTT to roaming. When I used to work at the Hard Rock Hotel last year I don't remember the signal being so horrible there, anyone know why it's gotten so bad? 

Along with NV work, there is also the fact you have thousands of ppl trying to access the network at the same time. Over the last week I had been able to get some LTE at PBH employee lot, Turkey Lake from Universal Emp lot all the way to Lakewood but the signal was very week. I am guessing the towers serving the area as still not fully operational.

@l3x

• Like 2

Along with NV work, there is also the fact you have thousands of ppl trying to access the network at the same time. Over the last week I had been able to get some LTE at PBH employee lot, Turkey Lake from Universal Emp lot all the way to Lakewood but the signal was very week. I am guessing the towers serving the area as still not fully operational.

@l3x

this makes sense. Unfortunately I can't get any connection to LTE in my apartment, but when I am outside it pops on when I walk to the other side of the building. Wondering if the range will increase? Hmmm