Along with NV work, there is also the fact you have thousands of ppl trying to access the network at the same time. Over the last week I had been able to get some LTE at PBH employee lot, Turkey Lake from Universal Emp lot all the way to Lakewood but the signal was very week. I am guessing the towers serving the area as still not fully operational.

@l3x

this makes sense. Unfortunately I can't get any connection to LTE in my apartment, but when I am outside it pops on when I walk to the other side of the building. Wondering if the range will increase? Hmmm

It will improve. That's where the Nextel iden shutdown comes in handy. The 800mhz spectrum will help in penetrating inside buildings and with the softbank merger they'll have even more money to help speed things up

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

It's great to see they finally flipped the switch down by Waterford and E Colonial. I'm still waiting at UCF for decent LTE.

I went to Universal for the 4th and last night as well, I couldn't help but notice how ATROCIOUS my signal is there. My phone literally dies after 3 hours because it's constantly going from 3G to 1XRTT to roaming. When I used to work at the Hard Rock Hotel last year I don't remember the signal being so horrible there, anyone know why it's gotten so bad? 

That's how it was for me at the Magic Kingdom Friday. Absolutely atrocious data signal and I went through three batteries and we didn't even get there until 2pm.

Along with NV work, there is also the fact you have thousands of ppl trying to access the network at the same time. Over the last week I had been able to get some LTE at PBH employee lot, Turkey Lake from Universal Emp lot all the way to Lakewood but the signal was very week. I am guessing the towers serving the area as still not fully operational.

@l3x

this makes sense. Unfortunately I can't get any connection to LTE in my apartment, but when I am outside it pops on when I walk to the other side of the building. Wondering if the range will increase? Hmmm
The majority of the time, if a tower is activated, it is complete, optimized, everything. There's the isolated incident where it doesn't get integrated into the Sprint network properly, and results in very slow speeds, but again that's very isolated.

The range of a particular tower will not increase or decrease. However, coverage may be perceived to change as more towers come online. Until 800 of course, but 800 LTE is at least 3-6 months out in your area.

If you come across a weak signal, it's because you're on the fringe of the area covered by the tower.

Sent from my HTC ONE

• Like 2

The majority of the time, if a tower is activated, it is complete, optimized, everything. There's the isolated incident where it doesn't get integrated into the Sprint network properly, and results in very slow speeds, but again that's very isolated.

The range of a particular tower will not increase or decrease. However, coverage may be perceived to change as more towers come online. Until 800 of course, but 800 LTE is at least 3-6 months out in your area.

If you come across a weak signal, it's because you're on the fringe of the area covered by the tower.

Sent from my HTC ONE

Well at present moment, I am sitting in my apartment in my solarium which has windows on 3 windows on 2 sides and have only 2 bars with a 3g signal(if you can call .25 download 3g hahah :rofl: )I guess I am right on the edge of the signal, which kinda sucks, but thats why I have wifi I assume. Thanks for clearing things up Dkoellerwx. 

That's how it was for me at the Magic Kingdom Friday. Absolutely atrocious data signal and I went through three batteries and we didn't even get there until 2pm.

Sadly, Disney in general has always had very iffy signal with Sprint. I used to work in AK and couldn't even GET a 3G signal in the trailer behind the Safari, much less have it be fast. Nowadays, if I get a strong LTE signal it's ok, but when the parks are packed like they have been lately, it still grinds down quite a bit. They do at least have free wifi though :-)

I saw some work being done on the tower on the north side of UCF campus (directly behind the stadium). I know Sprint has panels on the tower as well as Clearwire but it looked like they where working on the top section of it. That section looks pretty dense with equipment (RRUs, cables hanging down, etc) so I am assuming it is for LTE. But the question arrises, is this Sprint's equipment on the top section of that tower? It's been there for a while so I'm just hoping they where having backhaul delays on it. I was going to snap a picture of it but my camera froze right as I was passing by. If anyone is familiar with that tower, I would be curious to find out if I can hope for some LTE on campus sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

the only antennas it shows as being on that tower (W. Plaza Dr I believe is the location of the tower you are referring to), are with Clearwire but according to Sprint's Network upgrade map, that tower is not showing up as receiving any upgrades. There is however a tower somewhere down by what looks like the corner of Libra and Gemini Blvd that is supposed to be receiving both a voice and data capacity upgrade.

Edited by UCFKnight
  • Like 1

Whoa!!! "Speedy" LTE in the UCF area today!!!  :tu: ...and that was going to the server in Hollywood, FL!

509532023.png

Lol. I think they are finally working on east orlando and getting everything turned on. I love that ping. Thats better than my home intenret.

Still irritates the hell out of me that I can't get a stable connection in my apartment. I walk to the other side and 3 bars of LTE. Lol, I sound like a whiney baby, but I just want to use LTE and say ha, I have it now. Thats right.   :wall:

Edited by jamisonshaw125
  • Like 2

Lol. I think they are finally working on east orlando and getting everything turned on. I love that ping. Thats better than my home intenret.

Still irritates the hell out of me that I can't get a stable connection in my apartment. I walk to the other side and 3 bars of LTE. Lol, I sound like a whiney baby, but I just want to use LTE and say ha, I have it now. Thats right.   :wall:

I know how ya feel man, I'm waiting for all the towers in my area to go live as they are all within a mile or less of my home and or my office. I know my neighborhood will be covered as I was able to get LTE from a tower over 1.5 miles away and still managed to get a consistent download speed of 10mbps. The market is getting closer to launching, we're at 29% complete for LTE sites, and 41% for NV. I'd say August or September at best.

• Like 1

I know how ya feel man, I'm waiting for all the towers in my area to go live as they are all within a mile or less of my home and or my office. I know my neighborhood will be covered as I was able to get LTE from a tower over 1.5 miles away and still managed to get a consistent download speed of 10mbps. The market is getting closer to launching, we're at 29% complete for LTE sites, and 41% for NV. I'd say August or September at best.

Whats a few months when you've been using the old network for 2 years. Fairly new sprint user here. But, glad I decided to join them right when they started their  "network vision" and not 9 years ago like some people who have been dealing with the crappy network and got sucked into ATT and Verizons evilness. 

Edited by jamisonshaw125

sprinttowers.png

This is the tower setup for my area of Winter Park, and part of Orange County, using the new version of Google Maps (which I can't wait for the new update for Android!!) Dots in red are exact tower locations, five roughly within a mile and a half or less.

• Like 3

This is the tower setup for my area of Winter Park, and part of Orange County, using the new version of Google Maps (which I can't wait for the new update for Android!!) Dots in red are exact tower locations, five roughly within a mile and a half or less.

Ooooh.oooh. Now do waterford... now waterford. You know you want too. Over on alafaya specifically near Victoria place apartments.. If you want too .  :wiggle:

• Like 2

Ooooh.oooh. Now do waterford... now waterford. You know you want too. Over on alafaya specifically near Victoria place apartments.. If you want too .  :wiggle:

I'll start pulling the data momentarily

• Like 1

ngbbs4bd3707f3efe5.jpg

Lol just become a sponsor and everything you want to know about tower location and upgraded towers will be available to you.

Whoa!!! "Speedy" LTE in the UCF area today!!!  :tu: ...and that was going to the server in Hollywood, FL!

509532023.png

The ping is whats really lovely. 5mbps is fine with low ping. I got 61ms ping today on 3g on the curry ford tower before alafaya. NV 3g is wonderful.

• Like 2

These are all the towers, specific for Sprint that I managed to pull. This is according to towers getting upgrades as well as iDEN sites, or rather former iDEN sites now.

Aha! I can see why I had such excellent coverage over on e colonial today while at firestone, again...different car this time..Friends car, not mine. Wondering if I should ever expect LTE cause of my distance?...If I already pick it up "Around" my neighborhood, should i expect it to improve and actually "cover" that area....including everything around that tower which is...incredibly populated so I have noticed after moving up here.

Edited by jamisonshaw125

You know... as an S4GRU Sponsor, you have access to maps that show you the locations ALL Sprint towers, not just the ones that show up on Sprint's maintenance page. You can also see exactly which towers have had 3G and 4G as well as 800MHz CDMA upgrades. We even have maps of Clearwires towers, as well as the locations of the iDen towers in some markets.

You know... as an S4GRU Sponsor, you have access to maps that show you the locations ALL Sprint towers, not just the ones that show up on Sprint's maintenance page. You can also see exactly which towers have had 3G and 4G as well as 800MHz CDMA upgrades. We even have maps of Clearwires towers, as well as the locations of the iDen towers in some markets.

and I most likely would donate if I could, but as of right now I am a broke college student with a crappy office job. If I had extra money, I'd donate but money is tight right now.

• Like 1

Err....I would love too donate. But I am in the same situation as UCFKnight. Broke college kid, just moved. Have....lets say too much credit card debt at the moment. And I work at home for my company based on in jupiter...which ultimately will have to be replaced with an actual person-person job I feel. lol.  Otherwise, I'd be all for it!

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Got 37 ms ping on LTE on the tower on obt and central Florida and only had 3 bars when I did the test. Did it again when I had 5 bars and got 44 ms ping. Got home and was on 3G, did a test, with only 2 bars I had 72 ms ping. I'm liking it! :)

• Like 2

Got 37 ms ping on LTE on the tower on obt and central Florida and only had 3 bars when I did the test. Did it again when I had 5 bars and got 44 ms ping. Got home and was on 3G, did a test, with only 2 bars I had 72 ms ping. I'm liking it! :)

:o  That's pretty good. What were your download/upload speeds?? Assuming around where sprint promised them to be. 

:o That's pretty good. What were your download/upload speeds?? Assuming around where sprint promised them to be.

I wish I could post pictures through mobile...

But the first test was 5.94/4.81 second was 9.82/3.75 and the 3G test was 1.26/.28.