I wish I could post pictures through mobile...

But the first test was 5.94/4.81 second was 9.82/3.75 and the 3G test was 1.26/.28.

You can post if your on the web on your iPhone. Just go to full website version at the bottom of the page, and then click more reply options when you are posting. Can attach them right from your camera roll.

Also, those speeds are pretty decent. Both of them are faster than my old "high speed internet" with ATT....3 mb down and even slower up.... A joke lol

Edited by jamisonshaw125

I'm not sure which of the 116 cities they're talking about, but apparently T-Mobile just surpassed Sprint in LTE, covering 157 million people. I'm sure they're messing with the numbers somehow, but I might have to jump ship on Halloween, when my Sprint contract ends, if I don't have LTE coverage pretty much everywhere I go by then. Thoughts?

However, as the days go by, I am starting to get LTE in my house more frequently but it's not a steady signal yet. About how long do you guys think it'll take roughly for any single Sprint tower to convert its 800MHz to LTE, especially given this Softbank-Sprint-Clearwire merger?

Edited by XXavierXX
  • Like 1

I'm not sure which of the 116 cities they're talking about, but apparently T-Mobile just surpassed Sprint in LTE, covering 157 million people. I'm sure they're messing with the numbers somehow, but I might have to jump ship on Halloween, when my Sprint contract ends, if I don't have LTE coverage pretty much everywhere I go by then. Thoughts?

However, as the days go by, I am starting to get LTE in my house more frequently but it's not a steady signal yet. About how long do you guys think it'll take roughly for any single Sprint tower to convert its 800MHz to LTE, especially given this Softbank-Sprint-Clearwire merger?

Thats actually a really good question. I don't know enough about the two networks to answer it but that brings curiosity to my mind. I am thinking that one of the major differences is that sprint is not just activating their towers to 4g, they are completely converting them into a multimodal tower, rather than having 3 separate towers. An all in one tower, which would probably delay the process of rollout. As of why its been taking so long...

Keep in mind the softbank deal didn't go through until a few days ago, so they were a little(cough very) short on that 8 billion cash flow they just got sucked into their bank accounts. And other delays have just complicated it further. I personally won't be leaving for Tmobile, even with their no contract plans and "4g"....I am not even sure if their 4G is actual 4G. (like what AT&T does to their 3g network because they say its so fast.) 

I would love some more information on this topic from a sponsor who is well informed as well..Really good question.

Edited by jamisonshaw125

I just spent a week in Orlando.  I stayed on Disney property and by International Drive.  Boy was the service bad.  Went to Sea world and I could not use data at all.  Also off of Black Bear Rd off of 192.  3g keep dropping off at all times of day and night. 

If i was in back of Hollywood studio's 4g was great and fast. 

Later,

John

I was in Disney last year with my old ego shift and didn't notice any issues beyond just legacy sprint speeds. I'm hoping when I go in a month that I will get to experience some LTE since it still hasn't made its way to my part of jersey yet

I just spent a week in Orlando.  I stayed on Disney property and by International Drive.  Boy was the service bad.  Went to Sea world and I could not use data at all.  Also off of Black Bear Rd off of 192.  3g keep dropping off at all times of day and night. 

If i was in back of Hollywood studio's 4g was great and fast. 

Later,

John

Yes, whenever i'm in the tourist areas my phone battery on my note 2 drains to dead in 3 hours. There is just so many people in the Disney area everything is bogged down over there.

Well this is the solid truth now. Sprint has the cash, they have the spectrum, and the Nextel/Clearwire drama is over. No more excuses for terrible data speeds, slow LTE roll out, and spotty coverage.

Get it done, or lose customers. And that's it. If I don't have EXCELLENT coverage in 2 years when my contract is up, straight to AT&T I go.

Well this is the solid truth now. Sprint has the cash, they have the spectrum, and the Nextel/Clearwire drama is over. No more excuses for terrible data speeds, slow LTE roll out, and spotty coverage.

Get it done, or lose customers. And that's it. If I don't have EXCELLENT coverage in 2 years when my contract is up, straight to AT&T I go.

I'm giving them until October when my contract is up and the new iPhone is released :)

Better get it together quickly sprint!

2 years? You're a patient, patient man. Enjoy your Sprint unlimited 2G speeds for the next year and a half. lol

Edited by gf11speed

2 years? You're a patient, patient man. Enjoy your Sprint unlimited 2G speeds for the next year and a half. lol

Well... I meant that in 2 years, the project should be complete and I should have LTE or network vision 3g EVEYRHWERE I go. I expect to have lte in all of orlando before christmas time here. It would be unacceptable for them not to have it done by then....

I can test a few Disney areas Saturday, hopefully my S4 arrives by then too

• Like 1

Well I can tell you after what I saw yesterday I'm done with Sprint. Yesterday I met a buddy of mine at the Port Orange Pavilion for some burgers & beers at Red Robin. He told me he finally got rid of his iPhone 4 and moved up to an iPhone 5, And on top of that he switched over from AT&T to StraightTalk to lower his costs. I told him that surely ST would have slower data speeds being that it's prepaid. Well long story short, we did a speed test and his (non-contract $45/Mo) iPhone 5 kicked my (2yr contract $97/Mo) iPhone 5's a$$. He got 5 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up. I got 0.17 mbps down and 0.02 mbps up. After experiencing that first hand I'm done with Sprint. I'm shelling out way more money and getting way less service. Now I don't know if my buddy's StraightTalk phone is using AT&T or VZW towers, but I know he bought the iPhone unlocked from Walmart. My buddy said those speeds were average data speeds he's getting everywhere. I told him I only get great service in South Daytona and around the speedway. When I get paid again in 2 weeks, I'm heading to Walmart to buy an unlocked iPhone 5 like my buddy did.  :td:

• Like 1

Well... I meant that in 2 years, the project should be complete and I should have LTE or network vision 3g EVEYRHWERE I go. I expect to have lte in all of orlando before christmas time here. It would be unacceptable for them not to have it done by then....

In 2 years, Verizon and AT&T will have fully rolled out LTE Advance I'm sure.

Edited by gf11speed

What I don't understand is why do you stick around if all yall do is complain. You should choose the carrier that's right for your area. If your expecting softbank to magically give you lte tomorrow... the deal closed yesterday... wait it out or switch.

• Like 3

What I don't understand is why do you stick around if all yall do is complain. You should choose the carrier that's right for your area. If your expecting softbank to magically give you lte tomorrow... the deal closed yesterday... wait it out or switch.

I'm sure some of us are stuck in contracts. As for me, I'm a masochist. I enjoy the pain and suffering that Sprint provides me on a daily basis. The "hope" that comes along with it all. Life is all about "hope" anyways.

• Like 1

You know what, I asked myself that question the other day and came to the following conclusion:

1. I am on a contract and cannot get out without paying an ETF, which I refuse to do.

2. We are holding onto the glimmer of hope that we will have unlimited LTE, which you can't find else where.

3. People usually say price, but for my one phone I pay $127 a month which is just as expensive as the other guys.

4. Voice service is actually really good throughout Orlando for me.

Therefore, we complain because we are stuck but we have that glimmer of hope that when we get off the contract we will want to sign another two years because the speeds have gotten so much better with unlimited usage.

• Like 1

Well I can tell you after what I saw yesterday I'm done with Sprint. Yesterday I met a buddy of mine at the Port Orange Pavilion for some burgers & beers at Red Robin. He told me he finally got rid of his iPhone 4 and moved up to an iPhone 5, And on top of that he switched over from AT&T to StraightTalk to lower his costs. I told him that surely ST would have slower data speeds being that it's prepaid. Well long story short, we did a speed test and his (non-contract $45/Mo) iPhone 5 kicked my (2yr contract $97/Mo) iPhone 5's a$$. He got 5 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up. I got 0.17 mbps down and 0.02 mbps up. After experiencing that first hand I'm done with Sprint. I'm shelling out way more money and getting way less service. Now I don't know if my buddy's StraightTalk phone is using AT&T or VZW towers, but I know he bought the iPhone unlocked from Walmart. My buddy said those speeds were average data speeds he's getting everywhere. I told him I only get great service in South Daytona and around the speedway. When I get paid again in 2 weeks, I'm heading to Walmart to buy an unlocked iPhone 5 like my buddy did.  :td:

Enjoy your 2GB data limit..

I'm staying even after loosing my indirect dealer discount, things keep getting better in the area every week, although I am kinda bugged the permits for one of the port orange towers recently expired due to lackluster performance from westower, I'm sure sprint won't be happy either; Port Orange charges a ton for permits like this..

• Like 2

Yes, whenever i'm in the tourist areas my phone battery on my note 2 drains to dead in 3 hours. There is just so many people in the Disney area everything is bogged down over there.

when we were there in Aug 2011 it wasn't that bad in the tourist area's.  I hope they get it all fixed for you all soon. 

Later,

John

• Like 1

Sprint announces new pricing and plans with lifetime guarantees on unlimited...starts tomorrow 7/12

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-6452_7-57593355/sprint-officially-outs-new-unlimited-plans/?part=pulse&subj=androidatlas&tag=title

Swyped from my Samsung Galaxy Note™ II using Tapatalk Beta 5.