Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Sorry those are not NV panels. You will see 3 RRU per sector, also at the bottom of the antenna you will see a gaggle of connectors. Also from what I have seen over here the RRU's are installed so that they extend out, sort of like the way a flag looks when the wind is blowing

Upon further inspection, I retract my previous statement. I was fooled by the general shape and size of the panel. And getting close to the end of the work day. The one RRU should have peaked my attention more. Looking closer at the connectors at the bottom of the panel, it's not Ericsson. My slightly educated guess is AT&T.

Feech, be careful in that assumption. There are many different configurations with the RRUs, ranging from 2 to 4 and in several locations.

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk 2

The adjacent panels do not look like any legacy Sprint panels that I have ever seen. Also, the connectors of the bottom of what would be the NV panel do not look like right to me. There should be three sections (two 1900 and one 800). This one looks it has two. As for RRU's, there are most often two or three. But sometimes there has been only one. Sprint is probably on a different level on that tower.

Robert

100_0298.JPGHere are some pictures that I took from tower MI60XC104 today. This tower has had some work done on it for the last couple of days now. Can anybody tell me if this has been upgraded or not?

That's at Jason Verdow field, AT&T is doing work there, Sprint is no where to be seen in our parts, it's kind of a bad joke!

With AT&T upgrading their towers and turning on LTE in the Ft. Myers area, you would think Sprint would try and beat them to the punch, so sad.

With AT&T upgrading their towers and turning on LTE in the Ft. Myers area, you would think Sprint would try and beat them to the punch, so sad.

Maybe att already had plans to do work there BEFORE network vision have u thought about it that way...lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe att already had plans to do work there BEFORE network vision have u thought about it that way...lol

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus Rockin 4.2.1 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe so, but you would think they would speed up the upgrading here then.

The only 4g I've seen in Cape Coral the Wi-max sort at the Pine Island and Andalusia tower, behind that Johnny Myers and Dollar general. I wonder if they've upgraded that, I'll grab some pics today.

The only 4g I've seen in Cape Coral the Wi-max sort at the Pine Island and Andalusia tower, behind that Johnny Myers and Dollar general. I wonder if they've upgraded that, I'll grab some pics today.

That's a multi carrier tower, that maybe hard to determine.

Sprint is planning on covering more POPs nationwide than att, but they are not going to alter their schedule in a market to try to keep up with att. That is ridiculous.

This would be a huge advantage for sprint, where they have never had ANY 4g at all in this market.

This would be a huge advantage for sprint, where they have never had ANY 4g at all in this market.

Sprint has their schedule and att has theirs. The kind of lead times that they need for delivery of backhaul to the site requires months if not years of planning. They can't change at the last minute.

You have to understand that Sprint has a nationwide network to manage, not a regional network in your market. Sorry your market isn't upgraded, but there is nothing that you, I, or anyone else can do about it.

The adjacent panels do not look like any legacy Sprint panels that I have ever seen. Also, the connectors of the bottom of what would be the NV panel do not look like right to me. There should be three sections (two 1900 and one 800). This one looks it has two. As for RRU's, there are most often two or three. But sometimes there has been only one. Sprint is probably on a different level on that tower.

Robert

Robert, what would your thoughts be on this panel set??? http://bit.ly/UWomZz

Robert, what would your thoughts be on this panel set??? http://bit.ly/UWomZz

Well, that bottom rack looks like it has an Ericsson panel on it, with a single Ericsson RRU, however the connectors don't look like NV, and the panels beside don't look like Sprint legacy panels. They also have one small RRU with each of them. I'm going to say this is not NV, but to watch the second rack. That looks more like Sprint to me.

Well, that bottom rack looks like it has an Ericsson panel on it, with a single Ericsson RRU, however the connectors don't look like NV, and the panels beside don't look like Sprint legacy panels. They also have one small RRU with each of them. I'm going to say this is not NV, but to watch the second rack. That looks more like Sprint to me.

What I thought was interesting as there was one RRU mounted on the tower behind the panel, and one right next to the center panel. That would make two per side, correct?

What I thought was interesting as there was one RRU mounted on the tower behind the panel, and one right next to the center panel. That would make two per side, correct?

It would, but it's not the same kind of RRU, I would expect them to all look the same, more like the ones mounted on the tower itself. Also, the second one looks like it connected to the other panel on the left side of the setup. That's what leads me to believe it's not Sprint. Though the panel looks remarkably like Sprint NV panels.

I was fooled by one yesterday, not going to let it happen again! Lol.

It would, but it's not the same kind of RRU, I would expect them to all look the same, more like the ones mounted on the tower itself. Also, the second one looks like it connected to the other panel on the left side of the setup. That's what leads me to believe it's not Sprint. Though the panel looks remarkably like Sprint NV panels.

I was fooled by one yesterday, not going to let it happen again! Lol.

Ha ha.. ok, thanks. It's the Sprint tower I seem to be connected to most of the time and its right near my house. I'm not sure who else is on it.

Ha ha.. ok, thanks. It's the Sprint tower I seem to be connected to most of the time and its right near my house. I'm not sure who else is on it.

I'm fairly certain that Sprint is the second rack. Whenever Robert comes across this, I'm sure he'll chime in. I would watch that one for upgrades.