Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Had a sign of hope today on my way to the airport in Tampa. There was a brief 1 bar 4G LTE (lasting no more than 5 minutes) on my iPhone 5 while on I-275 heading north just after crossing the Skyway bridge on the St. Pete side. Nothing else from there to airport or anything on the Bradenton side of the Skyway. Didn't get anything on the way back from the airport, so I'm wondering if it was just a fluke? Any reports on when it will show up in Bradenton?

Is there even a glimmer of hope that this will be completed, or even 75% of the way there, by March? I believe the estimated completion date is in march 2013. I had a wimax phone and remember how that started to show up and even had some solid spots in Ft. Myers and a little in Cape but from what I can tell on the sensorly map there aren't really any spots here yet.

Is there even a glimmer of hope that this will be completed, or even 75% of the way there, by March? I believe the estimated completion date is in march 2013. I had a wimax phone and remember how that started to show up and even had some solid spots in Ft. Myers and a little in Cape but from what I can tell on the sensorly map there aren't really any spots here yet.

Welcome to the site! Unfortunately Florida markets are in general running at least 1 to 3 months behind. Work has begun in SW Florida, but we have yet to have any sites officially accepted. There is no way that the market will be 75% completed by March. If they can get production rates up high enough, it's possible that a few cities will launch by March, but completion is many months away. As soon as any sites in SW Florida are completed, this will be the first place to know!

Yup, about to start posting sites that I have snapped photos of here decebtly soon. Would like a few more spots photod first though. This will be Cape Coral/Fort Myers photos though as I do not have the money to travel very far from home.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome to the site! Unfortunately Florida markets are in general running at least 1 to 3 months behind. Work has begun in SW Florida, but we have yet to have any sites officially accepted. There is no way that the market will be 75% completed by March. If they can get production rates up high enough, it's possible that a few cities will launch by March, but completion is many months away. As soon as any sites in SW Florida are completed, this will be the first place to know!

Thank you for the info. I want to hang on for Sprint, but the network has been so dreadfully slow it is becoming difficult. When I heard March I figured no problem, but this isn't great news. I look forward to seeing the pictures EPayne, I have been reading on here what to look for but it is hard when just driving by. I know there is a tower behind the fire station on Chiquita near the pkwy, not sure if Sprint is on it or if any work has been done of late.

According to Sprint site it is due for only Data Capacity improvements along with voice upgrades only and haven't seen anything on it so far. Will post the pictures from that tower right now for you. That will be the only tower so far but yes, that IS the a Sprint tower.

post-3519-1357252401179_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is south west Florida seen any progress at all yet. I have not seen any work going on in the Sarasota Bradenton area yet. One of sprints towers are 1000 feet behind my work. No work has been done on that tower yet. I will get some pics when they do.

Seems like things way behind around these parts.

Can not discuss if progress has been started here or not but I honestly have not seen anything done to any towers around me in CC/FM area. You CAN go ahead and donate to Robert and he will upgrade your account to be part of the Sponsor Group and you can check the NV progress there through his maps. They are accurate and very in depth from what I have seen.

Its possible that SW Florida has a lot of GMO sites. I don't have GMO info for this market.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Tell me about it. It can't come fast enough. Having a S3 with the slow speeds kills me. Dec is when I thought we would start to see something. I am on my 15th year with sprint and as much as I want to complain they have always taken care of me what ever the problem. So in return I will wait as they get there network together. From what im seeing else where it will be worth it. I decided after trolling these threads for a while to donate so I can calm my suspense and get more info on whats going on.

I am in Bradenton to, so as soon as work starts on the tower that is in our company's back yard I will post some pics.

Here is how that tower goes during the day. Nice speeds at 5am then goes down hill as more people start using it. Going to be nice though having a lte tower 1000 ft away where I spend most of my day.

uploadfromtaptalk1359071355976.jpg

Nice, I wish I hadore than 250-300Kb/ for at least most of tye day and as far as a 4-digt number is concerned... YEA RIGHT lol bit honestly it is still usable for me IMO so it doesnt bother me much and other than that I have ZERO complaints with Aprint whatsoever.

Thanks for the information. I'm not knowledgeable like some of the posters here, so I can't be very helpful when it comes to the towers, but I have been watching on my phone and will let people know if I do get 4G LTE and where it happened.

Took a ride down from the Tampa area on the motorcycle this morning to Cape Coral. Saw a crew off of US 41 working on a monopole just north of the Lee County border. Looked like I saw Sprint panels but couldn't stop to check it out more. Will have to check it out on my trip home tomorrow if it is still light outside. Been running Sensorly with the LET Discovery app running.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

• Like 2

Took a ride down from the Tampa area on the motorcycle this morning to Cape Coral. Saw a crew off of US 41 working on a monopole just north of the Lee County border. Looked like I saw Sprint panels but couldn't stop to check it out more. Will have to check it out on my trip home tomorrow if it is still light outside. Been running Sensorly with the LET Discovery app running.

Great to have a extra pair of eyes down here.

Dang, CC seems to be a decent point for people to live/visit. Nice to know we have people that are here at least traveling. Will have to put together meet or something along those lines.

Send me a PM if confirmed on your way back. I'd love to put one In Progress that was confirmed in the field.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Great to have a extra pair of eyes down here.

Confirmed Sprint panels on the tower off of US41 just north of the Lee County border. Had a real good look at it this evening on my way home to the Tampa area.

• Like 2