Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Hey just wanted to let you know I mapped down Sumter and had lte at appomatix. :-)

Thank you very much for doing that and letting me know. Will look for it tomorrow on sensorly.com. Looks like home would be covered. Wish I knew what tower.

Marco Island may not be on published Sprint lists, but I assure you that Marco Island Sprint sites are being upgraded to LTE. And there is already some sites live around Naples. It's coming. Stay tuned.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Marco Island is on the list!

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3101-map-of-current-and-coming-soon-sprint-lte-cities/

;)

Thanks for the reply. I try to be patient. Is there somewhere I can see a list of sprint sights where I live. I'm only aware of one cell tower on Marco

If you become a sponsor, we have maps available that so the location of all Sprint sites across the country, as well as which sites have been upgraded already.

I'm out on Siesta Key for a work meeting and I saw some NV panels going up on a condo rooftop, just north of the village. was late to the meeting (oops!) so I didn't have time to stop and investigate further, just saw that panels were up but not yet broadcasting.

I'm out on Siesta Key for a work meeting and I saw some NV panels going up on a condo rooftop, just north of the village. was late to the meeting (oops!) so I didn't have time to stop and investigate further, just saw that panels were up but not yet broadcasting.

They must be testing those. A guy told me he had LTE on the beach a week ago

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Marco Island is on the list!

http://s4gru.com/ind...int-lte-cities/

;)

If you become a sponsor, we have maps available that so the location of all Sprint sites across the country, as well as which sites have been upgraded already.

That list is from October 2012. Was hoping to see some LTE here by now. Thanks for the heads up on the sponsor maps thing.

Early last Sunday morning (4/21), I got just west of I-75 on Colonial Blvd and did a Sensorly speed test that resulted in 27.20 Mbps down and 10.22 Mbps up.

I have the graphic to prove it but haven't been able to figure out how to add an photo album here. :blink:

Peace,

DM

Edited by DavoM

That list is from October 2012. Was hoping to see some LTE here by now. Thanks for the heads up on the sponsor maps thing.

Yeah, it was announced some time ago. But, just so you know, there are some locations (a couple I can think of in Texas) that were announced last July and just got launched with LTE this month. That's why the list says "Coming Months" and not "next month" or "May."

But have no fear, your towers will get upgraded. Hopefully soon now that the SW FL market has started to move along pretty quickly.

Early last Sunday morning (4/21), I got just west of I-75 on Colonial Blvd and did a Sensorly speed test that resulted in 27.20 Mbps down and 10.22 Mbps up.

I have the graphic to prove it but haven't been able to figure out how to add an photo album here. :blink:

Peace,

DM

Photobucket, imageshack, dropbox... any of those will let you embed an image here.

Make sure if it's in Dropbox, it's in your public folder.

Thanks. If you can't tell, I'm new at this. Sorry if the image is too big.

The speed was screaming though.

Peace,

DM

Crickets

Have not seen any work on the tower permits I have been looking at in Bradenton.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was thinking the same thing here in the south end of this market.

Yeah i ride past the tower on Florida Blvd here and went right up to it and there is nothing around like waiting to be installed etc. I hope they get back around to it soon as it has a open permit i do believe

I have seen a lot of activity at the tower in Bradenton that I've been keeping track of, behind the donut shop on 41.

As of late I haven't seen any of the BetaCom crew there, but RRU's are now fully installed and for the past few days there have been workers there digging and laying down cable. my guess is fiber backhaul.

I'm hoping one of you can help me with Sensorly. I mapped a fairly long trip today around the Cape and back to Lehigh and then pressed stop expecting to see some sort of "Upload to Sensorly" option, but there wasn't one.

Was it uploading to Sensorly the whole time I was doing the trip?

Is there a delay in updating the maps because I'm not seeing the route I took?

I'm a nooob, so thanks for your patience.

Peace,

DM

You talking about by manatee ave "the donut shop"

no, I'm talking about the one on the corner of 41(or 14th Street, Tamiami Trail, whatever you want to call it) and Orlando Ave. across the street from McDonalds and Gordon Foods.

I'm hoping one of you can help me with Sensorly. I mapped a fairly long trip today around the Cape and back to Lehigh and then pressed stop expecting to see some sort of "Upload to Sensorly" option, but there wasn't one.

Was it uploading to Sensorly the whole time I was doing the trip?

Is there a delay in updating the maps because I'm not seeing the route I took?

I'm a nooob, so thanks for your patience.

Peace,

DM

on the bottom where it says menu, click on details. That's where it says sending.

I switched my phone over to LTE/CDMA instead of CDMA only a couple weeks ago. So far the 4g is super spotty as far as speedtest.net app goes, and my evdo bars are all over the place, will go from no bars to 3 bars sitting in same spot! Im in Sunrise FL and I was at the intersection of Oakland Pk and Nob hill, had full evdo bars, and got a 25 dl and almost 8 ul, almost like home wifi.

Yes lte is acting strange. Drops out and comes back a lot. By noon on 3g I'm in the 10kbps range. Tower has be be overloaded. At 5 am I can pull 2mb down.