Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

Call sprint and asked about wimax being down. 3 hours later it was fixed. Must have been unrelated.

Crew has two panels up now and are working away on it. :D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Call sprint and asked about wimax being down. 3 hours later it was fixed. Must have been unrelated.

Crew has two panels up now and are working away on it. :D

right on! guess I was mistaken about WiMax. So where is this tower?

Away on vacation for a little while. Any new activity in North Port?

seems that way from the looks of Sensorly. I haven't been down that way in a while though. I guess I should head down to Venice to visit my mom.

...and to check out the coverage! ????

seems that way from the looks of Sensorly. I haven't been down that way in a while though. I guess I should head down to Venice to visit my mom.

...and to check out the coverage! ????

Venice is by far the worst for sprint. In the middle of the day I can not get any data service. Good voice but data is horrible.

I live in Englewood and travel venice a lot. The only place data works good is on the island. There seems to be a big hole around venice. I have check a few towers around there and have not seen any panels put on much of any towers except on the island, where lte is live.

...and to check out the coverage!

thanks.  i noticed that on sensorly as well.  working in sarasota and living in north port, i am glad to see that we have lte finally rolling out in our area.

Just passed the tower on Florida Blvd. on my way home from work. Looks like work there has finally begun!

Yeah i seen them there around 6pm i think it was or so bitcom i think was the name. They were working on the 1st tower so not sure if they were for sprint as there are 2 towers there

Yeah i seen them there around 6pm i think it was or so bitcom i think was the name. They were working on the 1st tower so not sure if they were for sprint as there are 2 towers there

The tower they're working on is Sprint. They're one the second rack, below Verizon I think. The adjacent tower is AT&T on the top and I'm not sure who else.

• 2 weeks later...

really where?  i dont see any new activity on sensorly...

According to the latest map update, the one on chiquitais live. But I drove by there yesterday and didn't pick up any lte from that tower.

just saw two guys on the k-rock tower (41 and estero) removing cell phone attennas. not sure if they are sprint. there is another cell attenna higher up the tower.

link to gallery of tower pics

the pics are of the new panels installed. there are few cables still dangling from the tower.

Edited by rhambling

• 2 weeks later...

alas, nothing really seems like it's happening.

The site on 14th and Orlando Ave. has had RRU's ground installed for MONTHS and hasn't been touched since.

The site at Florida Blvd. was finally upgraded a few weeks ago but is not live; which is sad because it would really help to fill in some dead zones over by the airport and Ringling museum.

I know of at least 4 other sites in south Sarasota and one east over by the interstate that have also had NV equipment installed for weeks upon weeks upon weeks but have yet to go live.

:(

Things are at a stand still. I'm Sarasota and bradenton. Well I guess you could be in Englewood with tower permits opened in March and nothing. Charlotte county has put holds on t-mobile permits waiting on sprint contractors. I would not be surprised if they pull the sprint permits with them just sitting open and no work.

They are at the very beginning stages, but there is a crew working on the tower on US-301, east of the Ellenton Mall area and slightly west of Chin Rd.  Based on what is done on the tower presently I am assuming it's a Sprint crew and they are working on panels at the bottom as well as cabinet work.  I'll check it out in another week and see how they progress but looks like that area of Parrish is about to get an upgrade.