Network Vision/LTE - South West Florida Market

Abyss19707

http://i1359.photobu...zps3d04884b.jpg

Here is a photo of a tower near Alva, Fl.I took Thursday. It might be a little hard to tell from this angle, but I think this has NV panels and RUU's. If someone could verify this for me please. If you need the location, PM me.

I believe you are correct. If there are 6 connections at the bottom of the panels, then those are indeed Sprint NV panels. The RRUs are positioned a little strange, but every site can be different.

• Like 1

http://i1359.photobu...zps3d04884b.jpg

Here is a photo of a tower near Alva, Fl.I took Thursday. It might be a little hard to tell from this angle, but I think this has NV panels and RUU's. If someone could verify this for me please. If you need the location, PM me.

Looks the part to me. Which one is it? The one east or west of Alva on SR 80? I can mark it as In Progress.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks the part to me. Which one is it? The one east or west of Alva on SR 80? I can mark it as In Progress.

This one is east of Buckingham Rd.and west of Joel Blvd. if that helps.

• Like 1

I was driving north today on I-75, just south of exit 228 (the I-275/I-75) junction near Ellenton and saw some tower dogs near mile marker 227.5 on the east side of the road. They had one set of Sprint panels up that I could see and were working on others. This would be the first one in that area that I have seen active work on.

• Like 3

It seems like work might finally be starting in Bradenton. Another unmarked truck at the cell site by my work today! I didn't have time to stop but I did notice it wasn't the AT&T crew that was out there last week.

Also, service quickly deteriorated as soon as I connected to the tower. I'm showing a 3G connection on my status bar but don't have an actual data connection. I went ahead and shut off iMessage and text keep failing to send at and interval of about 20 minutes or so. I don't make a lot of phone calls during the day so I don't know if or how voice service has been affected.

Will make a stop by the site after work to check out what's going on!

• Like 2

It seems like work might finally be starting in Bradenton. Another unmarked truck at the cell site by my work today! I didn't have time to stop but I did notice it wasn't the AT&T crew that was out there last week.

Also, service quickly deteriorated as soon as I connected to the tower. I'm showing a 3G connection on my status bar but don't have an actual data connection. I went ahead and shut off iMessage and text keep failing to send at and interval of about 20 minutes or so. I don't make a lot of phone calls during the day so I don't know if or how voice service has been affected.

Will make a stop by the site after work to check out what's going on!

Where in Bradenton was this?

Multi-Carrier tower at the intersection of 14th St. and Orlando Ave. behind the donut shop. Just read the post this morning about GMO sites and I think this might be one of them.

null_zps25eff6f9.jpg

null_zps75445274.jpg

null_zps78ae38cd.jpg

Anyway, when I went back yesterday after work the crew was gone and data services had been restored to normal. I think I had noticed a slight boost in EVDO speeds but that may have just been wishful thinking.

Multi-Carrier tower at the intersection of 14th St. and Orlando Ave. behind the donut shop. Just read the post this morning about GMO sites and I think this might be one of them.

null_zps25eff6f9.jpg

null_zps75445274.jpg

null_zps78ae38cd.jpg

Anyway, when I went back yesterday after work the crew was gone and data services had been restored to normal. I think I had noticed a slight boost in EVDO speeds but that may have just been wishful thinking.

Thanks for posting. To me, this does not look like an Ericsson GMO site. The cabinets do not look right, and neither do the RRU's. The cabinets look similar to what AT&T installs around here. But those little boxes are not like anything I've ever seen.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Thanks for posting. To me, this does not look like an Ericsson GMO site. The cabinets do not look right, and neither do the RRU's. The cabinets look similar to what AT&T installs around here. But those little boxes are not like anything I've ever seen.

Hmm... I guess I was just being optimistic, to be honest I didn't really think those little boxes looked right either. RRU's are much bigger, are they not?

Can anyone tell me which of those 5 racks is Sprint? I only recognize the AT&T stuff.

Hmm... I guess I was just being optimistic, to be honest I didn't really think those little boxes looked right either. RRU's are much bigger, are they not?

Can anyone tell me which of those 5 racks is Sprint? I only recognize the AT&T stuff.

Best guess is the second rack. It's hard to tell with Sprint legacy equipment, because there are many different styles, as Sprint's network was largely built off of affiliate acquisitions. However, there are typically 2 medium length, rather skinny panels per sector. Sometimes only one, and even less often there are three. Usually only in very high traffic regions.

driving in cape coral yesterday, i was getting slow reception when i looked down and noticed my 4g was lit up for the first time! i got light headed i was so excited. then it went away. i was by the corner of cape coral pkwy and pelican blvd.

driving in cape coral yesterday, i was getting slow reception when i looked down and noticed my 4g was lit up for the first time! i got light headed i was so excited. then it went away. i was by the corner of cape coral pkwy and pelican blvd.

If you see it again, download the Sensorly app and map the LTE areas you see!

• Like 1

just drove in that area and ran sensory and didn't pickup any lte signal.

I'm helping my brother move today. But tonight I will check the Florida acceptance reports.

• Like 1

any way you could tell is if work has started ANHWHERE in Saraaota/Bradenton?

The whole SW Florida market is being deployed. If there isn't a site In Progress in the Sarasota area right now, then there will be very soon.