Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Anyone else experiencing a larger then normal number of dropped calls, over the last several weeks numerous friends and I have been dropped call madness

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Yes its been driving me crazy. Mostly right when the phone is ringing and soon as it connects the call drop.

Yes its been driving me crazy. Mostly right when the phone is ringing and soon as it connects the call drop.

its happening to me but I think it was the person I called earlier. I was trying to get ahold of fscj and as soon as I finished being on hold, the other person asked me something then it hung up. :'(

I'm checking my local tower tonight and see if they started work on it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Have you guys seen the 4G marker on Sensorly? S/W of the Villages? Just noticed it myself.

Drove around the area a bit today and only got fringe coverage. I don't think it's the tower in Oxford marked "in progress"; I think it's a tower somewhere in the Villages behind the gates, since I picked it up on US 441-27 (near the Sprint store) as well as in other spots on 466.

I also picked up LTE on part of 429 west of Disney World, and a bit more on Western Way in the RCID proper. Didn't realize how much Winter Garden had grown from ~20 years ago when there was basically nothing between US 27 & I-4 south of the Turnpike except WDW itself.

• Like 1

Drove around the area a bit today and only got fringe coverage. I don't think it's the tower in Oxford marked "in progress"; I think it's a tower somewhere in the Villages behind the gates, since I picked it up on US 441-27 (near the Sprint store) as well as in other spots on 466.

I also picked up LTE on part of 429 west of Disney World, and a bit more on Western Way in the RCID proper. Didn't realize how much Winter Garden had grown from ~20 years ago when there was basically nothing between US 27 & I-4 south of the Turnpike except WDW itself.

Since the Fruitland Park site showed up in this week's update, and no work was discovered at the Oxford site, I am removing the Oxford site from the In Progress maps.

Robert

Will LTE help with large crowds? For example, any time I'm at the stadium during a football game my phone is basically useless. On a related note, that tower next to the stadium didn't appear to be up on LTE during the gator bowl, or at least my phone didn't see the LTE anyhow.

Will LTE help with large crowds? For example' date=' any time I'm at the stadium during a football game my phone is basically useless. On a related note, that tower next to the stadium didn't appear to be up on LTE during the gator bowl, or at least my phone didn't see the LTE anyhow.[/quote']

Yes and no. Right now should help because not alot of people have lte phones so won't be heavy usage on that side, plus the new back haul will keep up until the airwaves are full.so when the market gets alot of lte phones it will slow down until they get the Clearwire hotspots in. So there are short and long term plans plus das systems in lots of places like this

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Seems there has been a work stoppage.... Every tower that I have seen some sort of work going on has stopped, Nada, nilch... Hopefully since next week is the first full week of the year we might start seeing something start back up

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

In talking with one of the Ericsson techs here, he said a lot of the time the RRU's and panels go up even before the electrical work is done at the base cabinets. And then the cabinets have to be configured, set and provisioned. RRU/panel install is just one step along the way.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 3

In talking with one of the Ericsson techs here, he said a lot of the time the RRU's and panels go up even before the electrical work is done at the base cabinets. And then the cabinets have to be configured, set and provisioned. RRU/panel install is just one step along the way.

Is the electrical work also Back haul work? Or is it strictly cabinets?

Gainesville LTE site today

Is there a second one live now? The one on SR 24 half way to Archer went live last weekend. It almost makes me want to go home to Hawthorne. Almost.

• Like 1

Is the electrical work also Back haul work? Or is it strictly cabinets?

The electrical work is running new power to the new cabinets, and providing distribution within the cabinets and to the RRU's. The electrical portion needs to be permitted and inspected in a lot of jurisdictions. In some places (like New Mexico), it is the only thing that needs to be permitted. The electrical permits and inspections slow things down, too.

• Like 3

The electrical work is running new power to the new cabinets, and providing distribution within the cabinets and to the RRU's. The electrical portion needs to be permitted and inspected in a lot of jurisdictions. In some places (like New Mexico), it is the only thing that needs to be permitted. The electrical permits and inspections slow things down, too.

From what I have personally seen on the site plans it said the rrus/antennas had to have power within 24 hours of being opened per manufacturing specs.... I assume as with the motors I work with which have to have a heat generator to keep moisture out of the units, the rrus might be powered but with no ground communication equipment installed yet... Would that be correct?

From what I have personally seen on the site plans it said the rrus/antennas had to have power within 24 hours of being opened per manufacturing specs.... I assume as with the motors I work with which have to have a heat generator to keep moisture out of the units, the rrus might be powered but with no ground communication equipment installed yet... Would that be correct?

I don't know. But if this is the case, then it is being ignored here. They installed the RRU's at my site here in New Mexico just before Christmas, but they didn't get the power live to them until today. And it hasn't been above freezing here in two and half weeks.

• Like 1

I don't know. But if this is the case, then it is being ignored here. They installed the RRU's at my site here in New Mexico just before Christmas, but they didn't get the power live to them until today. And it hasn't been above freezing here in two and half weeks.

Maybe with stable temps its ok.... Just asking, seemed strange that it would say that IMO, maybe one of those always followed suggestions :wacko:

• Like 1