Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

I live in River Oaks, so I'll probably beat you to it. :-P I'm out of town right now, but I'm hoping it's finally the tower at Racetrack...

I used to live on 1141 Ashmore drive. It'd be crazy if you live there. Lol! Let me know if it's live there, and if it is, then please map via Sensorly. :D

Haha, I actually live on Kingsland Court. I'm home now, and I'm fairly certain it's not that tower. I didn't get LTE on 13 even though I cycled multiple times. I don't have it at home either. I'll go closer to the river sometime soon to see. It's probably from a site in Clay County.

• Like 1

I just went to the dock to scan, but I forgot my keycard... I still got a 4G signal at the gate though. The signal was pretty weak. I got 9 mbps with a speed test. I lost signal pretty quickly after the line of sight to the river was blocked by foliage. Pretty exciting though. There should be some more points on Sensorly soon.

• Like 1

I just went to the dock to scan, but I forgot my keycard... I still got a 4G signal at the gate though. The signal was pretty weak. I got 9 mbps with a speed test. I lost signal pretty quickly after the line of sight to the river was blocked by foliage. Pretty exciting though. There should be some more points on Sensorly soon.

I marked more data on Sensorly. At the gate entrance, I had -109dBm threshold, which was rather low LTE signal. I have -99dBm on the dock, which is mapped. Speeds were generally 8-9mbps. :)

I was looking at my sprint bill this morning and I noticed that included on the bill was 2,699 kb of 4g data. I have a GN2 so no wimax. I'm trying to figure out when that happened because I haven't been out of town lately.

I don't remember being in baymeadows. The only thing I can think of is maybe when I drive in to work over the mathews bridge, my phone hops onto the tower at the stadium. But that would be brief.

Hmmm...

I was looking at my sprint bill this morning and I noticed that included on the bill was 2,699 kb of 4g data. I have a GN2 so no wimax. I'm trying to figure out when that happened because I haven't been out of town lately.

I don't remember being in baymeadows. The only thing I can think of is maybe when I drive in to work over the mathews bridge, my phone hops onto the tower at the stadium. But that would be brief.

Hmmm...

It can happen that quick. I cleared my LTE record before taking a trip to Atlantic Blvd by the time I made it where I was going I had a hit. It had to be when I went across the Hart bridge the Matthews was closed. These phones lock on to LTE pretty quick.

A little off topic but has anyone tried the airwave device spint offers for poor service inside your home?

Junk ..... I have always had problems with both models that I have had.... Duplicate inbound and outbound texts never getting calls......

• Like 1

I just uploaded 1 more site as In Progress in the JAX market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. It is located off SR 16 near Penney Farms, west of Green Cove Springs. This site is actually accepted as complete with 4G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

• Like 3

I just uploaded 1 more site as In Progress in the JAX market over in the NV Sites Complete maps. It is located off SR 16 near Penney Farms, west of Green Cove Springs. This site is actually accepted as complete with 4G Network Vision upgrades and will appear in next week's update.

Robert

Penney Farms is that retirement home, I think. On the way from my home to my cousins in Starke. If I end up going down there, I'll be sure to map it. I did see the panels on the site awhile back (I made a post on it a few weeks ago.) Nice to see its live though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I was driving past a tower on i295 just south of the Pritchard Road exit and saw a guy running cable from the middle rack down to the bottom. Im sure its a sprint site according to the map. I drive past it everyday I'll let you guys know when the workers hang the panels.

• Like 1

Robert, can you ask your source about zip 32259? My sources say it should have started like 2 months ago but I haven't seen anything yet. :(

I don't feel comfortable pestering sources for specific info that way. I don't even ask about my market. I take what I'm given and only ask pertinent and on-topic follow up questions. Many of the people we deal with do not even know what they're looking at and wouldn't even understand my questions.

Robert

I don't feel comfortable pestering sources for specific info that way. I don't even ask about my market. I take what I'm given and only ask pertinent and on-topic follow up questions. Many of the people we deal with do not even know what they're looking at and wouldn't even understand my questions.

Robert

It's no problem. I'll just keep checking my local site(s) in the meantime. Hopefully they'll start soon.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

I was driving past a tower on i295 just south of the Pritchard Road exit and saw a guy running cable from the middle rack down to the bottom. Im sure its a sprint site according to the map. I drive past it everyday I'll let you guys know when the workers hang the panels.

The site has the panels up its definitely nv work being done. I can see the ruu's from the road.

Have you guys seen the 4G marker on Sensorly? S/W of the Villages? Just noticed it myself.

Yeah. I had a member report it to me via PM. So I marked the site he thought it was In Progress last night. I love going to the Villages. It's like a communal nursing home with Golf Cart roads. It's so trippy. :lol:

Robert

• Like 1

I'm visiting my dad about 10-15 miles away from the site this weekend, and plan to drive down that way when I head to Orlando next week, so I should be able to do some mapping and get some pictures.

BTW the best thing about the Villages unless you're a senior citizen is that usually the Best Buy there in Lady Lake is about the last to sell off things that are on clearance.

• Like 3

My contribution for today...

uploadfromtaptalk1356969189774.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1356969275959.jpg

I'm sure the rest will load once I get to some wifi

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I remember when there was a 4-way stop sign at SR 16 and 21. Heck, I remember when SR 21 was a county road from Keystone to it's end at SR 20.

Robert