Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Spoke to an ex-Navy guy who now works for Ericcson. His crew was doing towers here in Jacksonville but they got ordered along with another crew to go to Orlando. They weren't told why just to get down to Orlando for the next 6 months. Hope that doesn't mean a slow down for us here. Getting tired of this dial up speed 3G so hoping things get moving here again..

Ericsson doesn't actually work on converting Network Vision sites themselves. They hire subcontractors to do the work. Ericsson supplies the equipment and monitors the work being performed.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Ericsson doesn't actually work on converting Network Vision sites themselves. They hire subcontractors to do the work. Ericsson supplies the equipment and monitors the work being performed.

I talked with some Westowers guys and they said they were doing some work and that Jacksonville should be done by the end of this year. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me anything more. But they were the same ones who were working on my local site 2 weeks back. I haven't seen Ericsson at my site except for the label on the equipment boxes.

I talked with some Westowers guys and they said they were doing some work and that Jacksonville should be done by the end of this year. Unfortunately they couldn't tell me anything more. But they were the same ones who were working on my local site 2 weeks back. I haven't seen Ericsson at my site except for the label on the equipment boxes.

That's pretty bad.. I thought JAX was in an early group for LTE??? I know it was a pretty early WIMAX area when that technology was rolled out..

That's pretty bad.. I thought JAX was in an early group for LTE??? I know it was a pretty early WIMAX area when that technology was rolled out..

No surprise that the market will not be 100% until the end of the year. 100% coverage is a much more important milestone than completion.

Apparently Sprint wanting to have the compete countrywide roll out of LTE done by the end of the year is gonna be a stretch, especially if they keep adding markets.... Hopefully the 800mhz won't take too long

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

800mhz should be easy. All the NV antennas are already capable of it. Just need to hook up the RRU to panel and get that carrier card and wallah! But first... you need the NV upgrades ....

Apparently Sprint wanting to have the compete countrywide roll out of LTE done by the end of the year is gonna be a stretch, especially if they keep adding markets.... Hopefully the 800mhz won't take too long

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

Adding markets? Still just 97 markets and Shentel. No markets being added.

If you are referring to work in more markets, do not fret. The deployment is being done by local subcontractors. Work starting in Iowa, Washington or Mississippi has no impact to the Jacksonville market crews. Sprint also has always said they wouldn't be done until 2Q-2014. They say they will largely be done by the end of 2013.

I hope they finish the two towers in Belleview (South of Ocala) before I visit my parents again. Their house is smack dab in the middle of the two and I can't ever get a call or text out lol. Doesn't even need to be LTE! Just give me NV 3G and I can stay sane while I'm up there lol.

I'm hopeful because of the other towers lighting up in Ocala!

• Like 3

I'm getting to the point of being upset at how long this is taking. I bought this phone along with a new 2 year contract based in LTE being rolled out in Jacksonville in November, which was the original estimate for 50% completion. Here we are in January, and the rollout is nowhere near that level. What towers are live are on the fringes of town. I just regret renewing. I could have switched to AT&T and had awesome data speeds immediately. Now I am stuck in my contract with an embarrassingly slow 3G connection on which under even the best circumstances i cannot stream video or get a signal in my office. Meanwhile, my friends stream HD movies in the same office without a problem. Do i really have to wait untio the end of the year to get LTE in the central areas of Jacksonville?

I'm getting to the point of being upset at how long this is taking. I bought this phone along with a new 2 year contract based in LTE being rolled out in Jacksonville in November, which was the original estimate for 50% completion. Here we are in January, and the rollout is nowhere near that level. What towers are live are on the fringes of town. I just regret renewing. I could have switched to AT&T and had awesome data speeds immediately. Now I am stuck in my contract with an embarrassingly slow 3G connection on which under even the best circumstances i cannot stream video or get a signal in my office. Meanwhile, my friends stream HD movies in the same office without a problem. Do i really have to wait untio the end of the year to get LTE in the central areas of Jacksonville?

Please take a moment to read the site rules. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1197-s4gru-posting-guidelines-aka-the-rulez/

This is not a complaint forum for Sprint. We do not host complaints, or similar negativity towards Sprint. The Miami thread just got shut down for similar complaints. We are here to track the rollout of the Network Vision project. If you have complaints, you may contact Sprint.

Florida started several months late due to problems with nesting birds. And Sprint as a whole is about a quarter behind. But they are making up time. Jacksonville is an active LTE market, and work is continue, and will not stop until it is finished. You will have LTE before many other Sprint customers in the country. We all know that Sprint's 3G network needs work, but you should know that your network will be improving significantly in the next couple of months.

Has anyone seen any work going on around town?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Not lately. I was hoping I'd see more action in 32259. Maybe I missed something. Haven't been outside 32259 for a bit now. I do know that there's been a tech working on the site over on Durbin Crossing everyday, probably migrating all of the legacy stuff to the nv stuff. Hopefully LTE goes live here soon. As of now, I got myself a Nexus 4 and I have signal at my work! I'm going to keep this bad boy off contract until Sprint gets 800 MHz frequency CDMA or LTE here. I can't make calls at work unless I'm roaming. Lol

• Like 1

You could always just use GrooveIP on your company wifi...

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I considered this but the companies WiFi is rather slow as well. I'll have to report back. The main concern for me is text messages though.

I considered this but the companies WiFi is rather slow as well. I'll have to report back. The main concern for me is text messages though.

If you haven't migrated over to Google Voice, what are you waiting for? Texts coming via the data connection is one of the many benefits! (Full integration is actually one of the few Sprint exclusives.)

If you haven't migrated over to Google Voice, what are you waiting for? Texts coming via the data connection is one of the many benefits! (Full integration is actually one of the few Sprint exclusives.)

Google voice is pretty slow on my iphone with the Sprint network. Sprint is just too slow.

Works fine on every other carrier though. Maybe when LTE finally kicks in it'll be better.

Seen 4G popped up on my phone today at Southside and Baymeadows. Ran Sensorly to let it show up on their maps. Will run again tomorrow and see what kind of speed I get with Speedtest too.

Tired of having a EVO LTE phone with slow speeds, lets hope the rollout is ready. I was told by Sprint store 1st Quarter of 2013. We only have another month.

• Like 1

Seen 4G popped up on my phone today at Southside and Baymeadows. Ran Sensorly to let it show up on their maps. Will run again tomorrow and see what kind of speed I get with Speedtest too.

Tired of having a EVO LTE phone with slow speeds, lets hope the rollout is ready. I was told by Sprint store 1st Quarter of 2013. We only have another month.

At this rate, I'd say maybe a launch during Summer (15-30% sites done.) We'll see, though.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

They had to have turned nv 3g on today. I just pulled this speed.

u8esu3ez.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Looking at the time of the speedtest. Looks like your on an unloaded tower.

Looking at the time of the speedtest. Looks like your on an unloaded tower.

This.

I get speeds like that anytime after 10pm and before 8am. Between 8am and 7pm, the speeds are dang-near unusable.

4G is active at 95/World Golf Village. Mapping it on Sensorly now. post-8834-13602821576037_thumb.jpg

Update: Solid 4G from 95 west to 16 on International Golf. Also, east up until about a mile short of Palencia. Definitely better going west, though. 4+ bars the whole way.

Edited by goalkeepr
  • Like 1