Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Honestly you never know. The fiber has to be connected to the site so once that gets connected it should be close! Keep an eye to cabinets!

I don't ever get a chance to go check it out lol. They're always working on it (even on weekends.). Hope it gets finished soon. Any chance it could be done by next week? I saw them installing back haul fiber last week and I also see the fiber running from the bottom to the top of the monopole to the panels. The only thing I haven't confirmed yet is cabinet installation.

Even so, I'll be checking on it nearly a daily basis and I'll let you guys know when lte is live.

I don't ever get a chance to go check it out lol. They're always working on it (even on weekends.). Hope it gets finished soon. Any chance it could be done by next week? I saw them installing back haul fiber last week and I also see the fiber running from the bottom to the top of the monopole to the panels. The only thing I haven't confirmed yet is cabinet installation.

Even so, I'll be checking on it nearly a daily basis and I'll let you guys know when lte is live.

As long as the fiber is hooked up to the cabinet, panels are up and connected to cabinet and inspections pass could, but lots of variables in there to say for sure.

As long as the fiber is hooked up to the cabinet, panels are up and connected to cabinet and inspections pass could, but lots of variables in there to say for sure.

I may be able to get pictures this upcoming Sunday. As of today, there's two guys sitting at the panels working on it.

BEFORE

IMG_20121111_173948.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20130123_140047.jpg

IMG_20130123_140050.jpg

Looks like cabinets are hooked up, backhaul is installed (the line from the tower site to the road), panels are installed. I wonder what's keeping them from turning it on now. Maybe more cabinet work?

Anyways, I found out there's 3 RRUs per panel on this site, not 6. I guess I saw the guy's feet the other day and jumped to the conclusion they were RRUs. lol! I didn't get very close when I made that observation, though.

BEFORE

IMG_20121111_173948.jpg

AFTER

IMG_20130123_140047.jpg

IMG_20130123_140050.jpg

Looks like cabinets are hooked up, backhaul is installed (the line from the tower site to the road), panels are installed. I wonder what's keeping them from turning it on now. Maybe more cabinet work?

Anyways, I found out there's 3 RRUs per panel on this site, not 6. I guess I saw the guy's feet the other day and jumped to the conclusion they were RRUs. lol! I didn't get very close when I made that observation, though.

I was told by a tower crew installing the NV equipment that ericsson has to come and migrate the new NV equipment into the network. (NOTE: Daytona Beach has had a site with all the equipment installed since Nov 1st and Ericsson still hasnt gotten around to it) (NOTE: North Ocala's install was completed in early Dec and Ericsson still hasnt gotten to it either.) Just saying in my experience I would'nt hold my breath on it being fast.

Cheers James

• Like 2

I was told by a tower crew installing the NV equipment that ericsson has to come and migrate the new NV equipment into the network. (NOTE: Daytona Beach has had a site with all the equipment installed since Nov 1st and Ericsson still hasnt gotten around to it) (NOTE: North Ocala's install was completed in early Dec and Ericsson still hasnt gotten to it either.) Just saying in my experience I would'nt hold my breath on it being fast.

Cheers James

I have a tower or 2 near me that I assume is in the same holding pattern..... Apparently they are still on vacation from the holidays

Sent from my SPH-L900 using JellyBombed Tapatalk 2

I have a tower or 2 near me that I assume is in the same holding pattern..... Apparently they are still on vacation from the holidays

I don't know because two sites in Ocala went live this week, I wish I knew what there process was for making a site live and how long it takes and why ERICSSON takes so long to complete a sites migration.

I don't know because two sites in Ocala went live this week, I wish I knew what there process was for making a site live and how long it takes and why ERICSSON takes so long to complete a sites migration.

RIGHT.... I know its exciting for them to add more markets but why not finish the ones you already have....

Is it me, or does it seem like this whole area's build out is moving at a snail's pace?

And when was the last time you heard about a market going live via Sprint announcement?

Sprint has announced sites that will have 4G, but none lately that have actually been announced as live.

• Like 1

Jacksonville is definitely the slowest moving Florida market that is in progress. However, there are dozens of sites out there being worked on. So you know there will be more coming soon. It's just a slow start.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 3

Jacksonville is definitely the slowest moving Florida market that is in progress. However, there are dozens of sites out there being worked on. So you know there will be more coming soon. It's just a slow start.

Thought so, especially after the recent wildfire like spread of LTE in Orlando starting in the East and spreading Westward across the city. Orlando has had somewhat quick expansion it seems while here in Jax it seems like they've hit a barrier of some sort.

Thought so, especially after the recent wildfire like spread of LTE in Orlando starting in the East and spreading Westward across the city. Orlando has had somewhat quick expansion it seems while here in Jax it seems like they've hit a barrier of some sort.

Not a barrier, per se. They are still working on dozens of sites in the market. And each site is turned on the moment it is ready. Sometimes the timings of completion don't flow for consistent turn ons. Lots of variables.

• Like 1

Spoke to an ex-Navy guy who now works for Ericcson. His crew was doing towers here in Jacksonville but they got ordered along with another crew to go to Orlando. They weren't told why just to get down to Orlando for the next 6 months. Hope that doesn't mean a slow down for us here. Getting tired of this dial up speed 3G so hoping things get moving here again..

• Like 1

Spoke to an ex-Navy guy who now works for Ericcson. His crew was doing towers here in Jacksonville but they got ordered along with another crew to go to Orlando. They weren't told why just to get down to Orlando for the next 6 months. Hope that doesn't mean a slow down for us here. Getting tired of this dial up speed 3G so hoping things get moving here again..

Oh yay!!!!!! Starting to hear the jeopardy theme every time I try to get on my phone....

On a hopefully good note I saw some white trucks and vans by a tower in the ocean way area I'll try to check it out some more tomorrow

• Like 1