Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Anyone know when Sprint comes and decommissions WiMax, if they'll convert the sites to B41 LTE at the same time?  Or is it a different team of technicians that come out for that?  There's two Wimax sites by me that could really help with capacity/coverage if they were on B41. 

EDIT: If they converted them to full-builds (broadcast PCS and SMR), that'd be even more awesome!

As far as we know, Sprint is planning to convert good portion of these WiMax only sites to full builds as part of the NGN.

As far as we know, Sprint is planning to convert good portion of these WiMax only sites to full builds as part of the NGN.

No. Different project.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes

I've been to numerous locations in the last two weeks and it's been quite consistent with this speed now.  I've reported on Sprint Zone but I can't see anything happening.  These locations are also B26/B25 only areas so I don't think it's B41 coming live or B41 CA.  Anyone else know what it might be?

EDIT: I've confirmed it's not only my phone - family members are affected too.

I've been to numerous locations in the last two weeks and it's been quite consistent with this speed now. I've reported on Sprint Zone but I can't see anything happening. These locations are also B26/B25 only areas so I don't think it's B41 coming live or B41 CA. Anyone else know what it might be?

EDIT: I've confirmed it's not only my phone - family members are affected too.

Well, I haven't done any speed testing but everything I usually do on my phone has been working flawlessly.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Well, I haven't done any speed testing but everything I usually do on my phone has been working flawlessly.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Areas affected are Southside, Old St Augustine Rd, World Golf Village, and Phillips Hwy.  Also a bit on i95, from Phillips to World Golf Village.  

• Like 1

Areas affected are Southside, Old St Augustine Rd, World Golf Village, and Phillips Hwy. Also a bit on i95, from Phillips to World Golf Village.

I haven't been in any of those areas lately.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Areas affected are Southside, Old St Augustine Rd, World Golf Village, and Phillips Hwy. Also a bit on i95, from Phillips to World Golf Village.

I was at world golf village for the imax theater to Jurassic world and Sprint capacity was terrible no band 41 yet that I got.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was at world golf village for the imax theater to Jurassic world and Sprint capacity was terrible no band 41 yet that I got.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My mother does real estate and has a few listings in World Golf Village.  She is thinking about switching to AT&T because of Sprint's coverage/performance there.  I really wish they'd push for expanding.  I looked at the local permits and AT&T has 5 upgrades in the area, Sprint none. 

I did get a decent speed at Regal Cinemas on Phillips, so there's some spots that aren't slow.

My mother does real estate and has a few listings in World Golf Village. She is thinking about switching to AT&T because of Sprint's coverage/performance there. I really wish they'd push for expanding. I looked at the local permits and AT&T has 5 upgrades in the area, Sprint none.

I did get a decent speed at Regal Cinemas on Phillips, so there's some spots that aren't slow.

Sprint probably haven't upgraded their network to meet the demand of that growing area out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Sprint probably haven't upgraded their network to meet the demand of that growing area out there.

Sent from my Nexus 6

I like the fact that it must be growing as a result, but they really need to prioritize B41 deployment in this area.  Hopefully Marcelo is looking at the numbers still and seeing heavy congestion. 

• Like 1

I like the fact that it must be growing as a result, but they really need to prioritize B41 deployment in this area. Hopefully Marcelo is looking at the numbers still and seeing heavy congestion.

Shoot the FDOT can't even expand the roads and highways in that area fast enough. To ease the road congestion. Any way I'm interested in seeing what Sprint does after decommissioning Wimax.

Sent from my Nexus 6

• Like 1

Shoot the FDOT can't even expand the roads and highways in that area fast enough. To ease the road congestion. Any way I'm interested in seeing what Sprint does after decommissioning Wimax.

Sent from my Nexus 6

True that. I'd personally like to see a Wimax countdown timer on the main page now, like it did for the Nextel Shutdown.

Sent from my M8

• Like 2

Have there been any 2nd carrier b25 sightings in and around Orlando? Is that even possible? I'm in the airport right now and scp is reporting it.

.a

From what I've read, Sprint doesn't have enough PCS in Jacksonville market to offer 2nd B25 carriers. But, I may be incorrect.

EDIT: Ooops, you posted in Orlando. I think it's possible in there. I'd have to check the spectrum holdings.

EDIT2: Looks like Sprint may have 2nd PCS carrier in Orlando. According to the FCC spectrum dashboard, they own 30mhz.

1895 - 1910 > 15 Mhz

1975 - 1990 > 15 Mhz

• Like 1

Have there been any 2nd carrier b25 sightings in and around Orlando? Is that even possible? I'm in the airport right now and scp is reporting it.

From what I've read, Sprint doesn't have enough PCS in Jacksonville market to offer 2nd B25 carriers. But, I may be incorrect.

EDIT: Ooops, you posted in Orlando. I think it's possible in there. I'd have to check the spectrum holdings.

EDIT2: Looks like Sprint may have 2nd PCS carrier in Orlando. According to the FCC spectrum dashboard, they own 30mhz.

1895 - 1910 > 15 Mhz

1975 - 1990 > 15 Mhz

Based on that Engineering Screen screenshot, it shows you on EARFCN 8665. Which is PCS G Block. B25, Primary PCS Carrier. So SCP is likely not accurate in this instance.

I guess it is possible that you changed from Second channel to Primary when you switched over the LTE Engineering screen. But I would not count this is confirmation until you have an Engineering screen confirm of second carrier, as SCP is limited in being able to show that with certainty.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

Based on that Engineering Screen screenshot, it shows you on EARFCN 8665. Which is PCS G Block. B25, Primary PCS Carrier. So SCP is likely not accurate in this instance.

I guess it is possible that you changed from Second channel to Primary when you switched over the LTE Engineering screen. But I would not count this is confirmation until you have an Engineering screen confirm of second carrier, as SCP is limited in being able to show that with certainty.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

Gci ends in 04 which triggered the false positive since Samsung markets 2nd carriers end in 03/04/05.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 2

Is there a reason why the villages site has 2 Nokia band 41 panels and 1 that looks to be a Samsung band 41 panel? Does sprint do that sometimes?

Maybe a shortage of Nokia equipment?  Do you have a picture of this?

Is there a reason why the villages site has 2 Nokia band 41 panels and 1 that looks to be a Samsung band 41 panel? Does sprint do that sometimes?

I assume, based on your post, that the radios are Nokia on all 3 sectors but you just notice the panels are different. If that's the case, know that panels are not typically from the OEM and bought from 3rd party antenna companies. So OEM's sometimes mix antenna manufacturers. Nothing unusual there.

Also, there are a lot of different types of panels, based on beam width needed per sector. So the third sector could be a completely different beam width and thus is a different panel. And sometimes they have to use a different manufacturer for one off beam widths.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6