Network Vision/LTE - Jacksonville Market (including Gainesville/St. Augustine/Ocala)

Syph3r

Maybe they are expanding into band 2. Maybe they are getting new panels ready for the AWS they've recently won. Maybe they are replacing the old CDMA panels with new ones because they burned out.

Sent from my Nexus 6

They looked like they has ruus on them like sprint does but it was not sprint

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

They looked like they has ruus on them like sprint does but it was not sprint

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are they adding panels or replacing some existing ones?

Also here in Jacksonville none of the Verizon towers I've ever seen has RRUs on them. I've seen that Verizon has changed the type of panel that they use on newly upgraded LTE sites that were skipped on their initial rollout in 2010.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Are they adding panels or replacing some existing ones?

Also here in Jacksonville none of the Verizon towers I've ever seen has RRUs on them. I've seen that Verizon has changed the type of panel that they use on newly upgraded LTE sites that were skipped on their initial rollout in 2010.

Sent from my Nexus 6

Yes they are definitely replacing the old ones that much I know.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Verizon has been adding RRU's pretty steadily in Southern Illinois not to mention replacing some of the AlLu installs with Ericsson. What you're seeing isn't out of the ordinary.

• Like 1

Sprint needs to get on the Sony train fast. The xperia Z5 is the first phone that I would legitly leave Sprint for if I have too. It's glorious!

I was just thinking this too. The Z5 premium is sick looking, and its got a huge battery.

Wasn't there some article about Sprint selling Sony handsets soon? I thought I heard something about it recently.

Sprint needs to get on the Sony train fast. The xperia Z5 is the first phone that I would legitly leave Sprint for if I have too. It's glorious!

I feel ya. This beauty has me rethinking my Nexus plans if it comes to Sprint. I tweeted at Marcelo to suggest that they carry it. Hopefully he listens.
  • Like 1

The Sony Z5 Premium is a 4K phone. Knew this was going to come sooner or later, but holy hell that's overkill.

I'd it delivers on 2 day battery which it won't but if it gets at least 5 hours of screen on time then having a 4k screen will just be a big bonus. The only thing this phone doesn't have is ois.

I feel ya. This beauty has me rethinking my Nexus plans if it comes to Sprint. I tweeted at Marcelo to suggest that they carry it. Hopefully he listens.

I think I will too. If enough people act on this maybe they will listen.

• Like 1

I was just thinking this too. The Z5 premium is sick looking, and its got a huge battery.

Wasn't there some article about Sprint selling Sony handsets soon? I thought I heard something about it recently.

I never heard a peep about anything involving Sprint and Sony. Wish it would happen even if its just for a experiment.

I never heard a peep about anything involving Sprint and Sony. Wish it would happen even if its just for a experiment.

I'll just say T-Mobile kind of felt burned with Sony, given how poorly they market devices. It's too bad because Sony is making good devices, they just can't market out of a wet paper bag. Compare to Samsung which is a marketing machine.

• Like 2

So, last week my friend's neighborhood got upgraded to LTE. I'm not sure which bands are active, but it shows 1 data speed upgrade was done in that area. Previously it was a 3G-only site. I'm hoping it's B41, but all signs appear to be B25/B26.

Permit

WfJYVUK.png

EDIT: Anyone drive by there recently? Right outside RiverOaks Plantation on SR 13.

This is actually very cool.  I called Sprint up and asked them if they knew the upgrade that took place in the area.  Looks to be a GMO site since the only upgrade was LTE B25.  But they said over the phone 'Looks like a 1900Mhz upgrade took place in your area."  Very neat that they had that kind of information.  I take it that the information is displayed in their app called 'Glance?'

This is actually very cool. I called Sprint up and asked them if they knew the upgrade that took place in the area. Looks to be a GMO site since the only upgrade was LTE B25. But they said over the phone 'Looks like a 1900Mhz upgrade took place in your area." Very neat that they had that kind of information. I take it that the information is displayed in their app called 'Glance?'

Yes. If we could only get consistent access to Glance.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's funny that you mention it.  I have a friend who's site just got upgraded outside his neighborhood, and it is also a "flag" next to a church.  I haven't gotten close enough to see if there's a cross at the top.  But I believe Sprint's upgrading these church sites because the Pope is visiting? Haha

• Like 2

I forgot to mention this tower is a cool Sprint tower at a church that went live with band 25/26 around 3 days ago. The panels are in the cross. Very cool. 81bb408c2f96e9fe27a47023c77e2513.jpgcc465f92bbdf309e28a8e7b4ad7f0dd3.jpg

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, I baptize you in two bands of LTE.  Now download the You Version Bible app, son.  And be freed from all unrighteousness.  Peace be with you.   :angel:

• Like 4

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, I baptize you in two bands of LTE. Now download the You Version Bible app, son. And be freed from all unrighteousness. Peace be with you. :angel:

You know how people treat cellular carriers like a religion? Well now it's official.
  • Like 2

In the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, I baptize you in two bands of LTE.  Now download the You Version Bible app, son.  And be freed from all unrighteousness.  Peace be with you.   :angel:

We ask it in Sprint's name, AMEN! 

And we don't judge! Free WiFi for the T-Mobile users! We know you were trying to hang to that bar of GPRS on the way here  ;)

It's funny that you mention it.  I have a friend who's site just got upgraded outside his neighborhood, and it is also a "flag" next to a church.  I haven't gotten close enough to see if there's a cross at the top.  But I believe Sprint's upgrading these church sites because the Pope is visiting? Haha

Oooh, the pope might have good taste in cell service too? Awesome! 

Edited by cortney
  • Like 3

We ask it in Sprint's name, AMEN! 

And we don't judge! Free WiFi for the T-Mobile users! We know you were trying to hang to that bar of GPRS on the way here  ;)

Oooh, the pope might have good taste in cell service too? Awesome! 

:rofl: