Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

3 hours ago, falconhand said:

Wow! Successfully passed 2.1gbps at the Gregg's site in Bellevue. 4cc n260. Did they acquire more 260 spectrum in King County, or just some sort of STA? 

https://imgur.com/a/IBHqz2P

Shit, I am super jealous. Whioch device is that on? I tried again at Gregg's Bicycle a couple days ago and maxed out at 850Mb/s. I am beginning to think there is something with my phone (S22 Ultra), because I have never seen a speed >1Gb/s. 

S22+, but I got the same speeds on my backup S21. Tested in the parking lot of the little strip mall for the best mmWave speeds. I found the best n41 speeds on the sector facing the Borgata apartments (around 1400mbps). I was surprised to see such good speeds, as I paid it a visit on Sunday while the city was busy after Seafair. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, falconhand said:

S22+, but I got the same speeds on my backup S21. Tested in the parking lot of the little strip mall for the best mmWave speeds. I found the best n41 speeds on the sector facing the Borgata apartments (around 1400mbps). I was surprised to see such good speeds, as I paid it a visit on Sunday while the city was busy after Seafair. 

Thanks for the locations, I will try them sometime in the next week or so. 

21 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

Any updates on this? 

Yeah, I went up to Kitsap on Friday. Was able to connect to several n41 sites as SA only in Port Orchard, Bremerton and Silverdale.  However, I could not get any throughput.  It would say Mobile Data Suspended.  n41 NSA would throughput just fine. Was pushing 500-800 Mbps.

I don't know if it was the network at the time or my device causing the failure for data throughput. It was the exact same result on every site I connected to.  I'm on a normal Tmo Postpaid SIM.  Nothing unusual.  LG V60.

Robert

n41 SA

Screenshot_20220805-162013.png

n41 NSA

Screenshot_20220805-162630.png

14 hours ago, xmx1024 said:

Did my drive from PHX to SEA & got to experience the terribleness that is the totem lake area. Impressive, speed test didn't complete either time.
image.thumb.png.00c6557791cbef689f37ff1323eb8c67.pngimage.thumb.png.f8991d71396fd4d3bc75fbf5b712e521.png

Not a good look...

14 hours ago, xmx1024 said:

Did my drive from PHX to SEA & got to experience the terribleness that is the totem lake area. Impressive, speed test didn't complete either time.
image.thumb.png.00c6557791cbef689f37ff1323eb8c67.pngimage.thumb.png.f8991d71396fd4d3bc75fbf5b712e521.png

5 minutes ago, clbowens said:

Not a good look...

I can almost guarantee that is because of the upgraded co-lo. If I'm band locked to n41, it will kick me off.

• Thanks 1

On 8/18/2022 at 5:46 AM, PedroDaGr8 said:

I can almost guarantee that is because of the upgraded co-lo. If I'm band locked to n41, it will kick me off.

That’s likely it. This is taken fairly close to the totem lake freeway station, just south of it on 405 I believe. That was a day of 13 hours worth of driving so I could be wrong but I do remember it was in Totem Lake Lake.

• Like 1

The tower at the 405/5 interchange in Lynnwood is FINALLY live. I didn't get a chance to do a speedtest because I was driving with the wife. 

Also, a bunch of Dish pre-submission "permits" just dropped for Kirkland. Looks like they are taking over the old Sprint mini-macro site on the Portsmith building in downtown. The one over on Evergreen is expected to have FOUR antennas and 8 RRUs per sector! First time, I have seen that setup mentioned. 

https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/PRE22-00597/Kirkland

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

The tower at the 405/5 interchange in Lynnwood is FINALLY live. I didn't get a chance to do a speedtest because I was driving with the wife. 

Also, a bunch of Dish pre-submission "permits" just dropped for Kirkland. Looks like they are taking over the old Sprint mini-macro site on the Portsmith building in downtown. The one over on Evergreen is expected to have FOUR antennas and 8 RRUs per sector! First time, I have seen that setup mentioned. 

https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/PRE22-00597/Kirkland

I was there and I thought so, I will say that data was ROUGH at Alderwood mall on the 14th. I speculated the Pylon site was still online. Pretty much the same experience as the Totem Lake screenshots.

2 hours ago, falconhand said:

N25 live in Seattle downtown, checking Kitsap tonight, will update. Speeds 60/40 on 10x10 carrier, also sighted aggregating with n41 SA as PCC. 

Great to see this n25 confirmation. They used it in recent speed tests so I finally updated my profile image of intersecting circles from b41 b25 b26 to n41 n25 n71 and added 5g early yesterday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, falconhand said:

N25 live in Seattle downtown, checking Kitsap tonight, will update. Speeds 60/40 on 10x10 carrier, also sighted aggregating with n41 SA as PCC. 

Damn! Figures, they turn on n25 the day I leave for a three week vacation! I figured that n25 would go live soon, since Tmo had changed the Sprints B25 frequency. 

Are any SCP users heading to the Pacific Beach area any time soon? We don’t have much SCP data on site 351408/351409 (especially along 109 and Moclips highway) and I’m trying to decide whether or not to make a trip out there!

Unfortunately I won't be headed that way in the near future, wish I could though. Would love to map & speedtest that new site! 

Also, a friend and I visited the Gregg's site again and hit nearly 3gbps on the 4cc n260. Impressive optimization! There was also someone working on the tower while we were there, possibly installing AWEUC/D n258?

On 8/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, RAvirani said:

Are any SCP users heading to the Pacific Beach area any time soon? We don’t have much SCP data on site 351408/351409 (especially along 109 and Moclips highway) and I’m trying to decide whether or not to make a trip out there!

I am in Ocean Shores on Monday.  I want to make a loop out of it and swing up to Pacific Beach.  I am not certain if I will be able to or not, yet.

Robert

• Like 2

I could not get north of Pacific Beach.  I had my elderly parents with me and they were complaining that they needed to get back after we left Roosevelt Beach.  So my loop only was 109 north from Ocean Shores and back to Hoquiam along Ocean Beach Road.  However, my wife is out of town Friday night.  I may go back if I do not have any schedule conflicts with my kids.

But I did discover 350518/350519 is now live.  The Sprint Retain site near Grays Harbor City between Hoquiam and Ocean Shores.

Robert

• Like 2

I went back and mapped it after work Thursday night.  I drove up the 101 through Neilton and a few miles past Amanda Park, then down the Moclips Highway, up WA-109 to Taholah, down to Seabrook (and out the back of the development), over to Copalis Crossing, up Kirkpatrick Road to Humptulips and down to Hoquiam out to the Airport Peninsula to pick up the new site near Grays Harbor City.

In my travels, I solidly got a signal from the site west of Amanda Park and the new Pacific Beach site along Moclips Hwy, in the town of Moclips and along Kirkpatrick Road.  I also got the new Grays Harbor City site on the WA-109 Bypass around Hoquiam solidly.  But none of those coverages are showing on the map.  But other coverages from the journey has appeared.  It's really weird.  The signal was definitely strong enough to map.  I re-uploaded by adjusting the timestamp, just in case.  Not appearing.

This happened the first time I mapped the Pacific Beach site too.  It like immediately half mapped my coverage, but then a few days later the rest appeared on the map.  All without the Last Seen date changing.  Not sure why that occurred.  Hopefully it does show up.

Robert

• Like 1

12 hours ago, S4GRU said:

This happened the first time I mapped the Pacific Beach site too.  It like immediately half mapped my coverage, but then a few days later the rest appeared on the map.  All without the Last Seen date changing.  Not sure why that occurred.  Hopefully it does show up.

Robert

I’ll take a look when I get back to my hotel tonight. Busy at the US Open :)!

• Like 1

Very interesting—I see the data in my DB, but the map is rejecting it.

The map doesn’t display signals worse than -118, so some of the missing data makes sense, but it looks like there are some stronger data points that are missing as well. I’ll have to investigate what’s going on there…

https://imgur.com/a/IgHY90f

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Very interesting—I see the data in my DB, but the map is rejecting it.

The map doesn’t display signals worse than -118, so some of the missing data makes sense, but it looks like there are some stronger data points that are missing as well. I’ll have to investigate what’s going on there…

https://imgur.com/a/IgHY90f

Good!  I'm glad I'm not crazy.  This isn't the first time I've suspected it.  But it's one of the most egregious. It was such a deliberate drive and I was watching SCP very closely.  Thanks for looking into it.

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2022 at 12:32 PM, falconhand said:

Finally broke 1gig! We stopped by the Ramen place and I locked my phone to LTE+n261 and got 1.1Gbps. This is despite me being deprioritized (over 50Gb this month) and it being CRAZY crowded today. The park is jam packed.

• Love 2