Network Vision/LTE - West Washington Market (Seattle/Puget Sound Region)

drlovety

On 11/17/2022 at 12:20 AM, RAvirani said:

I cleared a bunch of stuff out of my imgur…I can remake propagation maps if desired. 

Ahh! It’s always sad stumbling upon an old resourceful forum thread that reference an image or other resource & it is missing. 

• Like 2

I just noticed that the two n41 bands have moved around a bit. The 100MHz band moved up to 520110, placing it right at 2600MHz +- 50MHz. Strangely, the 40MHz band has moved to 512190 which is 2560MHz +- 20MHz. That means that 75% of the second carrier is overlapping with the first. I have no idea why they made this move. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I just noticed that the two n41 bands have moved around a bit. The 100MHz band moved up to 520110, placing it right at 2600MHz +- 50MHz. Strangely, the 40MHz band has moved to 512190 which is 2560MHz +- 20MHz. That means that 75% of the second carrier is overlapping with the first. I have no idea why they made this move. 

This is probably a mistake????   At least I would think so.

56 minutes ago, chamb said:

This is probably a mistake????   At least I would think so.

You would think but it has been like this since they changed things up. Really not sure what's going on there and not sure who I could report it to.

3 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

I can confirm the same in Columbus. Seen with *#0011# on a s21 ultra factory unlocked.

7 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

3 hours ago, dkyeager said:

I can confirm the same in Columbus. Seen with *#0011# on a s21 ultra factory unlocked.

Same here in Louisville also. They just adjusted the NR carriers maybe a week ago, 100MHz carrier now at NR-ARFCN 519390, and the 40MHz carrier at 511470. I wonder if this is why performance seems down since the change, only getting 100-200 down now vs 900+.

7 hours ago, mdob07 said:

Same here in Louisville also. They just adjusted the NR carriers maybe a week ago, 100MHz carrier now at NR-ARFCN 519390, and the 40MHz carrier at 511470. I wonder if this is why performance seems down since the change, only getting 100-200 down now vs 900+.

I am still getting 900/50 on Samsung Galaxy A32 5g and 1200/65 on S21 Ultra. Both factory unlocked, no recent firmware updates. N25 is present but not accepting connections.

19 hours ago, mdob07 said:

what I found here may apply:

The powerline tower overlooking downtown Redmond has FINALLY been upgraded. I guess it took this long due to the large birds nest on top of the tower. During the upgrade, they moved all LTE frequencies including B41 to one eNB 84782 and decommissioned eNBs 97521 and 95988. Additionally, the tower finally has all three 5G-SA bands (gNB 1852420). 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:

The powerline tower overlooking downtown Redmond has FINALLY been upgraded. I guess it took this long due to the large birds nest on top of the tower. During the upgrade, they moved all LTE frequencies including B41 to one eNB 84782 and decommissioned eNBs 97521 and 95988. Additionally, the tower finally has all three 5G-SA bands (gNB 1852420). 

I always disliked that site. Its coverage area is too large and it’s easily overloaded.

Hopefully they convert the Clear site on 90th by Bella Botega and pull in the range of that powerline site with etilt. That would lower the noise floor in the whole downtown area and add some much needed capacity. 

A few years back, T-Mobile had a site right next to Bella Botega, but it was decommissioned due to a construction project. I don’t know why they never rebuilt in that location—especially because the decom was a good bit before the merger.

Funnily enough, the building that caused the T-Mobile decommission ended up hosting AT&T eNB 421549.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Wondering if Apple will finally enable n41 SA, NR CA, n25 etc. on iPhone before my trip up there in mid January. iPhone still relies on NSA with midband LTE anchor. I feel like my Pixel and Android counterparts are experiencing a slightly different T-Mobile... 

A few more demo permits:

1. That weird Sprint B25 only site near the tall tower in Bridle Trails: Image, Permit
  2. Mark Twain Water Tower by LWIT. This one is on the tower, as opposed to T-Mobile which is on the adjacent tower:  Permit
  3. This one is weird, the Sprint site by 85th and I-405 which T-Mobile previously was going to convert now has a Demo permit. Not sure if they cancelled the conversion or what (@RAvirani any thoughts?): Permit
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, PedroDaGr8 said:
  1. This one is weird, the Sprint site by 85th and I-405 which T-Mobile previously was going to convert now has a Demo permit. Not sure if they cancelled the conversion or what (@RAvirani any thoughts?): Permit

Hmm - not actually sure.  The surrounding sites' sector configs look like they were selected with the intention of building that site, and RSRP levels don't look amazing...

RSRP:

View post on imgur.com

SignalCheck data:

View post on imgur.com
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, RAvirani said:

Hmm - not actually sure.  The surrounding sites' sector configs look like they were selected with the intention of building that site, and RSRP levels don't look amazing...

RSRP:

SignalCheck data:

Love the second map. Looks like Signal Detector. A standard signalcheck.net map feature I have missed?

15 hours ago, RAvirani said:

RSRP:

SignalCheck data:

Wow, I love those images! 

My only thoughts are

1. They just don't care about that area for some reason. 

2. This is a formality that is for some reason required due to the level of changes they are doing. 

3. It has something to do with [this permit](https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/PUB22-08613/Kirkland) which mentions servicing the the Kirkland Urban site. There are no other permits 

On 1/5/2023 at 1:33 PM, PedroDaGr8 said:

Wow, I love those images! 

My only thoughts are

1. They just don't care about that area for some reason. 

If they’re meeting KPI targets in the area this is very possible. Verizon left most of Clyde Hill and Medina uncovered for the longest time for the same reason. 

2. This is a formality that is for some reason required due to the level of changes they are doing. 

I doubt this. That’s definitely a demolition permit. 

3. It has something to do with [this permit](https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/PUB22-08613/Kirkland) which mentions servicing the the Kirkland Urban site. There are no other permits 

Could be a sector add or reconfig. I hope it’s the latter, because that area’s modulation/CQI is already more or less in the toilet (table 2 sub-6 CQIs with efficiency oftentimes <2). 

I’ll do some digging and see what I can find. 

On 1/7/2023 at 11:15 AM, RAvirani said:

If they’re meeting KPI targets in the area this is very possible. Verizon left most of Clyde Hill and Medina uncovered for the longest time for the same reason. 

Could be a sector add or reconfig. I hope it’s the latter, because that area’s modulation/CQI is already more or less in the toilet (table 2 sub-6 CQIs with efficiency oftentimes <2). 

Yeah, that area is atrocious (especially up by the interstate where this would have helped the most. Thanks for looking into this. I look forward to hearing what you might find out. 

Weird, two of the DEMO three permits (the Bridle Trails one and this one) have been withdrawn. Only the Mark Twain water tower one remains. Doesn't mean they aren't planning to demo them, maybe just not at this time (or they just plan to leave them). Still will be curious what, if anything, you find out about whether they do intend to upgrade that site or not. 

• 2 weeks later...

Drove down through Grays Harbor, Pacific and Wahkiakum counties yesterday. Discovered the new site at Copalis Beach is now live. T-mobile service in North Grays Harbor is quite decent these days. Seabrook is pretty well covered by the Pacific Beach and Copalis sites. This used to be a dead zone.  Now I can get a signal on my favorite Washington beach...Roosevelt.

I was also able to map from Aberdeen, down through Artic and Raymond/South Bend.  Then along Willapa Bay on both sides. Down the peninsula through Ilwaco, Long Beach, Ocean Park, Oysterville, all the way to the state park at the end.

Then I came home along the Columbia River, past the Astoria Bridge, through Cathlamet and Longview/ Kelso.  Up I-5 home. 

I've put 32,000 miles on my little Ford Maverick pickup in a year. I wonder how many of them were mapping?  :scratch:

Robert

274777460_10221086345687846_1067716856672690592_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 12:09 PM, S4GRU said:

Drove down through Grays Harbor, Pacific and Wahkiakum counties yesterday. Discovered the new site at Copalis Beach is now live. T-mobile service in North Grays Harbor is quite decent these days. Seabrook is pretty well covered by the Pacific Beach and Copalis sites. This used to be a dead zone.  Now I can get a signal on my favorite Washington beach...Roosevelt.

I was also able to map from Aberdeen, down through Artic and Raymond/South Bend.  Then along Willapa Bay on both sides. Down the peninsula through Ilwaco, Long Beach, Ocean Park, Oysterville, all the way to the state park at the end.

Then I came home along the Columbia River, past the Astoria Bridge, through Cathlamet and Longview/ Kelso.  Up I-5 home. 

I've put 32,000 miles on my little Ford Maverick pickup in a year. I wonder how many of them were mapping?  :scratch:

Robert

274777460_10221086345687846_1067716856672690592_n.jpg

Those trucks are great. Is yours the AWD or FWD? I imagine AWD. Nice mapping :)

7 hours ago, xmx1024 said:

Those trucks are great. Is yours the AWD or FWD? I imagine AWD. Nice mapping :)

AWD.  It's a Lariat FX4 model with every factory option.  First time in my life I ordered a vehicle.  With Lane Centering and adaptive cruise, the thing practically drives itself.  Which is really handy for mapping and site spotting.

Robert

• Like 4

Whelp that demo is back on via a new BNR permit: https://permitsearch.mybuildingpermit.com/PermitDetails/BNR23-00409/Kirkland

So much for them improving signal in that area. Only hope is the permit for the Kirkland Urban site. Hopefully you will find something via your digging. 

On an unrelated note, they finally started upgrading the site just off I405 by Kingsgate Park. Monday had all the antennas stripped off by yesterday they had the antennas mounted. This morning, I noticed it was broadcasting B66 again, will check later if it is fully live.