Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

WOW! This is going to be awhile, but worth it, having tried it in the Bay Area and LA/OC. The difference is incredible!

Just driving on the 99 in the south end of the valley, where LTE is available, the reception is great. I hope Kerman and the rest of Fresno will be just as good.

anyone know when all of Bakersfield & Kern Co will have FULL LTE Pretty Sad to see only partial 4G Status glad to have it just want to know how long till we have Full LTE coverage like LA has

anyone know when all of Bakersfield & Kern Co will have FULL LTE Pretty Sad to see only partial 4G Status glad to have it just want to know how long till we have Full LTE coverage like LA has

LA has LTE in many places, but not full coverage. But backhaul can be a problem in many areas. Brighthouse is possibly the largest backhaul provider in Bakersfield, and any delays on their part can cause problems for Sprint.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

LA has LTE in many places, but not full coverage. But backhaul can be a problem in many areas. Brighthouse is possibly the largest backhaul provider in Bakersfield, and any delays on their part can cause problems for Sprint.

Wait why is BrightHouse the Backhaul for Sprint. Brighthouse is Cable only & Sprint is CDMA makes no sense for them to be any part of a Backhaul unless you can inlighten me as to why a cable company has anything to do with a Cell phone coverage I thought AT&T was our backhaul please help me understand thanx

Wait why is BrightHouse the Backhaul for Sprint. Brighthouse is Cable only & Sprint is CDMA makes no sense for them to be any part of a Backhaul unless you can inlighten me as to why a cable company has anything to do with a Cell phone coverage I thought AT&T was our backhaul please help me understand thanx

Brighthouse offers Internet services, therefore can be used as an AAV (Alternative Access Vendor). AT&T isn't the only backhaul provider in the area. And I can't blame accuse AT&T, because we know they delay on lots of things. In Visalia and Fresno, Comcast can be used as an AAV, and they are just a 'cable company'.

• Like 2

The same reason Sprint uses Mediacom, Windstream, Cox, Charter, CenturyLink or other cable companies for backhaul in other parts of the country. They provide internet service via Fiber or Cable, which bring in the 100Mbps - 1Gbps speeds required to feed Sprint LTE. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It is now the 14th, has anyone heard anything new?

What could we possibly hear? There's still a bunch of sites that need to be worked on before Fresno can be launched.

Yes, going crazy, was in the Bay Area over the weekend, blanketed by glorious LTE. This is incredibly frustrating to return home to our "normal" service. 

Really incredible up there, able to upload video on the fly and everything's a breeze. our hotel had free wifi and didn't even use it for the phone. 

Much easier on your battery as well. Get this done already!

You can always check your NIDs (Network ID) code to see if you're on NV equipment or legacy equipment. A nid value in the 2xx range is usually Samsung NV. 

Yep, I drive that every day and the signal has really picked up right there, oddly nearer the tower at Ashlan and Ceder (1 block away) is quite a bit slower. Not sure if anyone can explain that. This particular intersection had been nearly a dead zone a couple weeks ago (and forever before that). i work at Ashlan and Fresno St. (two blocks toward the 41 freeway) and it's still horrible there. 

i will periodically get speeds near 2.0 mbs near the Ashlan and Ceder tower but not the past week or so. it's back down in the 400-500 kbs range. 

Did they put in a new tower somewhere near Ahslan and Millbrook or First? Dramatically improved there.

Is there any patterns to cluster launches?  Is all of Fresno going to have to launch together? Along with Clovis?  Or do they usually do 4-6 towers?  I ask because apparently us here in Kerman (15 miles west of Fresno) is going to be launched in with Fresno. 

You can always check your NIDs (Network ID) code to see if you're on NV equipment or legacy equipment. A nid value in the 2xx range is usually Samsung NV. 

I'm on an AirRave and my NID is 5xx.  Are all AirRaves in this range?

http://s7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/eCatalogs/Verizon-XLTE-markets.pdf

Look at this Crap from Big Red already have 44 Cities with & Bakersfield is on the List damn them beating us we Need Spark LTE now & it just launched 2 days ago yet still can not get Unlimited from them all that speed being capped hehehehe