Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

In this case, it's the T-Mobile employee (???) that is lying to you.

Sprint is also under no obligation to do anything, let alone tell us (or anyone) the true state and timetable of their rollout. Therefore, it's much more productive to go out and explore the world to get a tangible idea of how well the deployment is progressing. This concept seems to escape most of the people posting in this thread.

• Like 2

We can hope it's sooner than later! The thing that struck me is that it has been about a year that we've been hoping for anytime now or the popular within the next 90 days. I have actually witnessed quite a bit of work lately (they were at Ashlan and Cedar again today but already 10 minutes late for work so no photos, sorry).

I will say I had no idea they had to go to what seems like each and every tower so often, they've been at the one by my house more than a dozen times and still no LTE. There are some crazy high 3g speeds for brief times (for Sprint anyway with over 2 mbs.) but it never seems to last more than about 10 minutes and drops right back down to around 500-800kbs. \

I will say for the past 6 months or so the signal is at least usable almost always in this neighborhood and even at my work place in central Fresno and you can read emails, download stuff (eventually) and even watch you tube (not in high quality mode). Haven't dropped a call in I don't know how long but last trip to LA the LTE was amazing!

They were replacing a pole on the street directly north of Ashlan. There must have been something related going on inside those ghetto apartments because I saw some obviously thrilled PG&E dudes walking through the gate.

Maybe a meth lab or honey oil explosion took out the pole, who knows.

• Like 1

They were replacing a pole on the street directly north of Ashlan. There must have been something related going on inside those ghetto apartments because I saw some obviously thrilled PG&E dudes walking through the gate.

Maybe a meth lab or honey oil explosion took out the pole, who knows.

Honey oil, I had to look that one up....

LOL! They have been slowly replacing lots of poles in the area, they are getting really old and rotten over there!

Edison did that on a number of poles in Visalia last year. My electric company in Nevada replaced many wood poles with metal just a few years ago.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

And Ashlan ave at Clovis Ave. with more progress today also, they appear to be connecting a new large Black box with whatever's in the little room at the base of the tower. 

Reminder, the photos below are hot, hot, hot. Please check your own id to make sure you are old enough to see them.

IMAG0261.jpg

Here is a better photo of the box they have installed up on the tower, these appeared a couple weeks ago but I found a bettter location to get the photo from.

IMAG0263.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

Llittle buidling at the base of the tower. Door is open and they are poulling cable into it. Sorry couldn't get closer from this side.

Guys i have a question if its not too dumb to ask? I live in pixley the cell tower is practically right in back of my house and ive been having some trouble for a while where my lte just goes off and reverts back to lame 3g -.- can anyone answer why this is happening? About a week ago a couple of guys were up on there working on it for a few days nonstop and id thought for sure they'd fix the problem. Any ideas? Thanks

Yes, mistook some very big loose cables for panels when driving by this morning, stopped by up close on the way home, From the street it looked like panels hanging up there, the "EZ up is still there" so hopefully very, very soon. There were also lots of folded down cardboard boxes stacked behind the tower so there's no equipment there for sure. 

More Ashlan and Cedar Fun. 

IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0272.jpg

OK my memory could be off but I think there were only 2 panels up here a couple days ago and when I drove by this morning (again running late so just a very quick glance) they had the ez up "up" and the panels were off the tower entirely. 

• Like 1

There's always* 3 or 6 flat, magic radio boards (or 9, if it's high capacity with NV and legacy hardware) on Sprint's towers.

They're not done with the lift, either; note that only two of the cables are plugged in to each flat, magic radio board. They need to come back and connect the other four. Hopefully once they're done with this one they can DO THE FREAKING RODEO GROUNDS SITE GOD DAMN IT

Edit - Edited for Tim's sake.

Edited by Oedipus