Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

I've actually been perusing the fresno county and city of Clovis planning department agendas over the last couple of days. This is is one place to see proposals for new cell sites. Of what I've checked so far, it's about a 70/30 split between Verizon and AT&T. There was one document that stated that Verizon had "71 other sites in Fresno county," which isn't that far off from what sprint has. The spacing is just woeful for the frequencies that sprint is using, though... I am eager to see how 800 1x and LTE fare.

• Like 1

I've actually been perusing the fresno county and city of Clovis planning department agendas over the last couple of days. This is is one place to see proposals for new cell sites. Of what I've checked so far, it's about a 70/30 split between Verizon and AT&T. There was one document that stated that Verizon had "71 other sites in Fresno county," which isn't that far off from what sprint has. The spacing is just woeful for the frequencies that sprint is using, though... I am eager to see how 800 1x and LTE fare.

I think 800 is more important than LTE

I found some interesting reading that may (partially) explain why Sprint's Fresno rollout has taken as long as it has.

http://www.fresno.gov/planningdocs/June042014/A.pdf

Also, major lols at AT&T's proposal for an 8 foot wide stealth monopole. That's just highlighting the stupidity of the rules.

I found some interesting reading that may (partially) explain why Sprint's Fresno rollout has taken as long as it has.

http://www.fresno.gov/planningdocs/June042014/A.pdf

Also, major lols at AT&T's proposal for an 8 foot wide stealth monopole. That's just highlighting the stupidity of the rules.

Link isnt working for me, but I still think the local contractor is 100% to blame.

No other carrier has had problems.

Frsno City red tape has nothing to do with how slow its been in Clovis and the Countym including highway sites away from cities.

Link isnt working for me, but I still think the local contractor is 100% to blame.

No other carrier has had problems.

Frsno City red tape has nothing to do with how slow its been in Clovis and the Countym including highway sites away from cities.

It certainly explains why AT&T has had to replace all of their monopoles in fresno while they haven't in clovis. It also explains why sprint has had to deploy all of their fresno sites as GMRs.

Assuming the rules don't change, when the b41 equipment is added they will have to obscure the antennas or replace the towers entirely just like AT&T did.

After 3.5 years with Sprint, my mom finally had the last straw after having another work call go straight to voicemail. She switched to Verizon this weekend and ate the $100 ETF.

Amusingly enough, her new S5 was a dud, so shes exchanging it for another one.

If I still lived in Fresno theres no way I would have renewed last Fall. Quite frankly, Im surprised anyone in the market would, especially since the tmobile price war escalated over the holidays.

Shell actually be paying less with Verizon than she was paying with Sprint.

How do you figure that she will be paying less with VZ they cost way more than Sprint & with her being with Sprint for 3.5 years she was in the old price plans so that means she would still not be capped on any data & her plan would be less than what VZ has with them they cap her Data & will Throttle it when she goes over 

How do you figure that she will be paying less with VZ they cost way more than Sprint & with her being with Sprint for 3.5 years she was in the old price plans so that means she would still not be capped on any data & her plan would be less than what VZ has with them they cap her Data & will Throttle it when she goes over 

She was paying either 70 or 80, with Sprint, cant remember.

With Verizon, she will be paying 60.

Further, for her minutes were more of an issue with data. Her plan was either 400 or 450 minutes to landlines. Her job meant she was brushing right up to that every month, went over by 4 minutes in March. Her new Verizon plan is unlimited Voice.

She was paying either 70 or 80, with Sprint, cant remember.

With Verizon, she will be paying 60.

Further, for her minutes were more of an issue with data. Her plan was either 400 or 450 minutes to landlines. Her job meant she was brushing right up to that every month, went over by 4 minutes in March. Her new Verizon plan is unlimited Voice.

not much for data then I would say it would be somewhat worth it as for me I have been with Nextel/Sprint for 7 years & if ever need anything from them would always get it resolved fast helps having back door #'s

not much for data then I would say it would be somewhat worth it as for me I have been with Nextel/Sprint for 7 years & if ever need anything from them would always get it resolved fast helps having back door #'s

They insisted she pay $200 for an airave, even though after the antenna move service went to crap and half the house became roaming.  She has wifi at home, the issue was missing work calls.

They insisted she pay $200 for an airave, even though after the antenna move service went to crap and half the house became roaming.  She has wifi at home, the issue was missing work calls.

REALLY Airvana are 100% Free from Sprint as long as it shows that she had lots of dropped calls & she lived in a spotty or poor coverage spot or she had the back door # to Sprint like I do. well hope she enjoys VZ if you need help let me know

REALLY Airvana are 100% Free from Sprint as long as it shows that she had lots of dropped calls & she lived in a spotty or poor coverage spot or she had the back door # to Sprint like I do. well hope she enjoys VZ if you need help let me know

Nope. She tried three times, and I tried it. Spotty coverage, back door number, AND countless dropped calls. Because she was a single plan account, they refused.

I worked at a Verizon call center in the past, so I used every trick I knew to get an agent to give in. All the key words they teach you in training and stuff.  At the end I just gave up and esclataed 6 levels because I know you can. They even called back the next day, as promissed, to say no. 

Needless to say, she was going to leave Sprint when the contract ended. Only difference was she bailed now three months early because it was hurting her job. It's a shame Sprint cant look at the market and awknowledge they dun goofed. IMO, their reputation in Fresno is screwed for at least a decade. My mom went from a very happy customer to someone who will tell everyone she knows how much she dislikes Sprint. In her type of job, (and with how much she likes to share) thats a pretty damn big net.

To be fair, Sprint is far from the only company that doesnt realize the damage a bad reputation can cause.

But thats enough of this, no need to derail the thread.

• Like 1

Got my VZW 5S activated today; LTE here near River Park is slow as camel balls in winter. It's not band 4, though.

Slow as camel balls in winter? Hahaha!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

It's a GMO, last I checked. I wont be in that area any time soon so you may want to check it out periodically and take pics if you aren't sure what you're looking at. On the plus side, the GMO in Fowler was being converted the last time I went down that way.