Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

looks like know one wants to pay attention to this huh?

http://s7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/eCatalogs/Verizon-XLTE-markets.pdf

Look at this Crap from Big Red already have 44 Cities with & Bakersfield is on the List damn them beating us we Need Spark LTE now & it just launched 2 days ago yet still can not get Unlimited from them all that speed being capped hehehehe

Xlte vs spark. Spark will win. Sprint purposely replaced hardware for a reason vs software upgrades. We are poised as Sprint customers to kick fanny.... Once completed. That's the hang up. Software upgrades can only take you so far. Plus having Softbank ceo say that Sprint will revolutionize what us mobile data will look like is promising. Because he usually means what he says as he is a major investor.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, their ads say 2x the bandwidth of LTE, isn't spark many times faster than that? (At least that's what I thought). Then there is the outrageous pricing on Verizon, I use way to much data for that (even at uber slow sprint speeds).

• Like 1

Hey Guys it's been a while since I posted here, but wanted to give an update on my experience with the LTE in Visalia. 

Here is a little background information I moved into my new place about a year ago and have horrible service where I live now, so I had to get an Airave to be able to make phone calls and receive them.  Well now that 4G LTE is launched in Visalia I decided to unplug my Airave and see what type of connection I was getting.

I will say this it is better than before since now I can get 1 bar instead of no bars and my calls no longer drop but they are very digital at best.

I downloaded Signal check pro at the recommendation of another S4GRU member.  When I'm off the Airave I bounce between the Acequia tower which I connect to at my job (Near Santa Fe St and Murry Ave near the old El Presadente restaurant) and have 3 bars at best, I get LTE at -111 dBm, still no 1X800 (I'm still on 1XRTT) so I know the Acequia tower is broadcasting an LTE signal.

Well when I'm at my house (near the corner of Pinkham and Walnut) my phone bounces from the Acequia and the Farmersville tower, not sure why that would be since they are equal distance from each other wouldn't my phone connect to the LTE tower instead of the 3G tower?

why would I get such terrible service only 2 miles down the road from work when I get decent signal at work but no signal at home, so for now I have to stick with my Airave, and I'm really not a fan of having another device hooked up to my network.

2 miles is a long way, especially when the starting point is mediocre (-111 LTE). You're still much closer to the Acequia site than the Farmersville site, but you may be encountering an issue with the orientation of the antennas relative to your house.

The antennas are aligned wrong for that area. Pinkham has the worst service in Visalia.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

Hey Guys it's been a while since I posted here, but wanted to give an update on my experience with the LTE in Visalia. 

Here is a little background information I moved into my new place about a year ago and have horrible service where I live now, so I had to get an Airave to be able to make phone calls and receive them.  Well now that 4G LTE is launched in Visalia I decided to unplug my Airave and see what type of connection I was getting.

I will say this it is better than before since now I can get 1 bar instead of no bars and my calls no longer drop but they are very digital at best.

I downloaded Signal check pro at the recommendation of another S4GRU member.  When I'm off the Airave I bounce between the Acequia tower which I connect to at my job (Near Santa Fe St and Murry Ave near the old El Presadente restaurant) and have 3 bars at best, I get LTE at -111 dBm, still no 1X800 (I'm still on 1XRTT) so I know the Acequia tower is broadcasting an LTE signal.

Well when I'm at my house (near the corner of Pinkham and Walnut) my phone bounces from the Acequia and the Farmersville tower, not sure why that would be since they are equal distance from each other wouldn't my phone connect to the LTE tower instead of the 3G tower?

why would I get such terrible service only 2 miles down the road from work when I get decent signal at work but no signal at home, so for now I have to stick with my Airave, and I'm really not a fan of having another device hooked up to my network.

Well your Airvana should cost you anything a month & if it is let me know & I will send you their backdoor # to get it for Free & a Zero contract hope this helps you 

Yeah, and there's a ways left to go. I'm getting a VZW 5S from work on Monday; I am excite. That'll hold me over until I figure out whether or not it's worth renewing the Sprint contract when the 6 comes out.

Yeah, and there's a ways left to go. I'm getting a VZW 5S from work on Monday; I am excite. That'll hold me over until I figure out whether or not it's worth renewing the Sprint contract when the 6 comes out.

After 3.5 years with Sprint, my mom finally had the last straw after having another work call go straight to voicemail. She switched to Verizon this weekend and ate the $100 ETF.

Amusingly enough, her new S5 was a dud, so shes exchanging it for another one.

If I still lived in Fresno theres no way I would have renewed last Fall. Quite frankly, Im surprised anyone in the market would, especially since the tmobile price war escalated over the holidays.

Shell actually be paying less with Verizon than she was paying with Sprint.

Funny, I've never missed a call when I'm up in Fresno working. My friend has had missed calls on AT&T though. And I've only ever dropped a few calls up there, fortunately.

Funny, I've never missed a call when I'm up in Fresno working. My friend has had missed calls on AT&T though. And I've only ever dropped a few calls up there, fortunately.

Well, Clovis actually, although she works all around town.

It happens all the time. If I call her I have to leave a voicemail because half the time its ringing but her phone isnt recieving the call. The other half the time the call sounds like its going through a sewage treatment plant. Its not just her phone, I had a lot of issues when I was there 2 weeks ago, including multiple failed texts.

The reason she originally left AT&T 4 years ago was because of all the dropped calls. Sprint was fine for the first contract period, which is why she renewed, things just went to shit after that.

I think part of it was because the cell tower closest to her house was relocated to the nextel tower. Even though the distance is the same, something is clearly wrong with the nextel equipment.

She doesnt want TMobile because she goes to the mountains a lot, so Verizon is the only one left.

However, I think its true for all the companies that none of them responded to the massive expansion in population the area had over the past decade. For example at the edges of the city, the Sprint tower layout was clearly set up around the land use of 2000 where it was all farms, rather than 1,000 family subdivisions every half mile.